C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

Not much of a center market left.  The Jets might do another dumb move lol

I'm envisioning Bills rookie DT Ed Oliver blowing by Jets rookie Center repeatedly and harassing Darnold all day 

Edited by DCbillsfan

4 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Not much of a center market left.  The Jets might do another dumb move lol

I'm envisioning Bills rookie DT Ed Oliver blowing by Jets rookie Center repeatedly and harassing Darnold all day 

That's why I want them to go penetrating DT at 9.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He he may have gotten more $ from Jets but just didn’t want to go there

I think this is more of the reason behind him not going to the jets. He’s from a small town in Idaho, and probably not into the city life that most seek when going to the Jets. 

Interesting sequence of events here (assuming the media reports have any truth to them):

-  Bills and Jets are supposedly in bidding war during the opening hours of free agency for Matt Paradis

-  Bills back out of contract talks with Paradis and almost immediately sign Mitch Morse

-  Instead of signing Paradis, the Jets seemingly move onto other targets like C.J. Mosley and Anthony Barr

-  Paradis resumes talks to return to the Broncos

-  Paradis suddenly signs with the Panthers for less than Morse got

So the question is...

Did the Bills always have Morse as their #1 target at center?

Did the Jets pull/lower their offer once the Bills signed Morse and they had leverage?

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Why is everyone here so worried about the Jets? They're a dumpster fire. I actually feel bad for them...sort of, but not really. 

Because...it's the Jets!

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Interesting sequence of events here (assuming the media reports have any truth to them):

-  Bills and Jets are supposedly in bidding war during the opening hours of free agency for Matt Paradis

-  Bills back out of contract talks with Paradis and almost immediately sign Mitch Morse

-  Instead of signing Paradis, the Jets seemingly move onto other targets like C.J. Mosley and Anthony Barr

So the question is...

Did the Jets pull/lower their offer once the Bills signed Morse and they had leverage?

Good question.  I always liked Morse better and thought it would have been better for them to go after him because Paradis would be in high demand.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Please share anything good!

Think my Fav. 

“I don’t understand how I went from being so pumped this morning to wanting to blow my brains out 8 hours later. God really hates the jets”

Man if Bell says No and goes elsewhere that place is going to explode. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

So the question is...

I'd say there are two possibilities, and they're not mutually exclusive: 1. Paradis's agent was responsible for most of the "chatter" in the so called bidding war, and 2. teams jumped ship when they got hold of his medical info. 

42 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

23 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

A4DCADB9-A067-4118-A10D-60BED7BD7CD1.thu

Well... Here are the two narratives.  Believe what you will...

Those in Paradis' camp are saying the Jets prioritized getting Le'Veon Bell and wouldn't finalize the deal, so he bolted.

The Jets are saying Paradis was never really interested in signing with them, just using their offer to drive up his market.

Either way, I think Beane was smart in moving on to Morse.  Both were very similar in value.  It's just about whether you are more concerned with age (26 vs 29) or injuries (broken leg vs concussions).

10 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Well... Here are the two narratives.  Believe what you will...

Those in Paradis' camp are saying the Jets prioritized getting Le'Veon Bell and wouldn't finalize the deal, so he bolted.

The Jets are saying Paradis was never really interested in signing with them, just using their offer to drive up his market.

Either way, I think Beane was smart in moving on to Morse.  Both were very similar in value.  It's just about whether you are more concerned with age (26 vs 29) or injuries (broken leg vs concussions).

I'm really inclined to believe Jets spinmeisters, aren't you? :)

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, CNY315 said:

A4DCADB9-A067-4118-A10D-60BED7BD7CD1.thu

I actually mentioned that yesterday, he would pick Buffalo over NYC, he's a country boy. I think Bills just wanted Morse.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Surprising low money.  29 isn’t that old for his position 

It is lower than expected, he probably just liked the fit in Carolina.