C Matt Paradis - to Carolina - less than Morse (3yrs at $27)

My guess is that Matt Paradis went into today with all intention to sign with the Jets, but wasn’t 100% satisfied with their offer, so he’s going to consider others more than he intended to. Just a complete guess from the report that he’s waiting on last minute offers to possibly come in.

Still would be a true underdog story for anyone to sign him over the Jets though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I've heard the guy on barstool a few times, I know what you mean. But he is still a businessman.  Its about the money and what his guy wants.  If the money is similar, it will probably be the Jets.  But if the Bills are offering enough extra, his fandom won't affect his client's decision. 

^^^ 

And I would say if McBean really wants him  then pay him 

Edited by Putin

I do enjoy how someone always says "well so and so looks good in the draft" when we lose on a FA.  Maybe if we write letters to the other 31 franchises and explain the situation that FAs won't come here they'll feel sorry for us and give us extra picks to make sure we get a T / G / C / DE / DT / WR / TE.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 416BillsFan said:

Jets always seem to have good centers, even when the rest of the team sucks.

To be fair, their investment in Manigold and Ferguson did get them pretty far in the playoffs with Mark Sanchez. Of course, they had Revis and other players but it seemed like that focus on their O-line was useful at one point.

• Like (+1) 1

Getting either Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse are my #1 goals in Free Agency.

They are the only two centers that would be considered upgrades.

If we don't get either, center becomes a HUGE need in the draft.

We don't want to go into the draft with more huge needs.

I already think the wide receivers available in free agency are crap.  So that makes WR a HUGE need in the draft.