REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

It's just misinformation. Rosenhaus leaked the trade to put pressure on the Bills. He's leaking false info to other networks about other teams to put pressure on the Bills. This is all about making us sweat so we up our extension offer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Tom Pelissero

Friday should be interesting

Tom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero
As the #Bills and #Steelers close in on a trade for Antonio Brown, one big question remains: Will AB go? He has said he wants a new contract and won't play if it's not by his rules. If Brown wants to blow this up, his weapon is saying he'll retire rather than play in Buffalo.
1:06 AM - 8 Mar 2019

Backpedaling is already starting........  The scrolling Breaking News Ticker with the news that has been running constantly on NFL Network is no longer there.    I get the feeling this is falling apart.

(EDIT:  It is scrolling on occasion.  Just not the constant scrolling it has had for the last hour and a half.  Now it's running like every 10 minutes or so.)  Still getting a bad feeling about all of this, though.
Edited by sven233
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Ironically I think maybe a younger (but still very talented.. I hope for JA) QB might be what AB needs where he doesn't feel under Ben's foot. Could just be a matter of respect that changes it.

AB is too hard to figure out as far as what makes him tick but JA can make this situation a potent weapon by showing confidence respect and of course balling out in the next year or 2 like we believe he can.

I like the move just because it puts Allen's career trajectory on steroids right away. I want to see what that young man does with a weapon and if AB blows it I'm happy Beane swung for the fence for his Quarterback to shine ASAP.

If it is true, on the 10th anniversary of signing TO, I hope he shows that he is not a selfish diva or a bad teammate. If he comes with the right attitude I will be psyched.

Just now, BuffaloBud420 said:

First of all that the stupidest insult I've ever heard. What gas station fills your tank anymore? Shows how old you clowns on here really are.

Well one day when you no longer work the drive thru at Taco Bell, you may find some extra coin to get full service at some of the gas stations that still offer it :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Brown doesn't want to come, but he will cause we are paying him a sh*tload of money and he needs to keep up on those child support payments. This is not going to be good.

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing over and over?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

You seem like fun. Lol

You're right, having fun while not acting like a fool is impossible. Once you grow up and stop smoking the reefer in your moms basement you'll realize this.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

Ian Rapoport added,

As the #Bills and #Steelers close in on a trade for Antonio Brown, one big question remains: Will AB go? He has said he wants a new contract and won't play if it's not by his rules. If Brown wants to blow this up, his weapon is saying he'll retire rather than play in Buffalo.

Backpedaling is already starting........  The scrolling Breaking News Ticker with the news that has been running constantly on NFL Network is no longer there.  I get the feeling this is falling apart.

He’s not backpedaling at all. He said there were details to work out still. 

Just now, Turk71 said:

If it is true, on the 10th anniversary of signing TO, I hope he shows that he is not a selfish diva or a bad teammate. If he comes with the right attitude I will be psyched.

It'll be a great test of Josh Allen's leadership and ability to use a legitimate weapon. I'm more excited to see JA's mettle handling this than anything.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

This would be pretty cold blooded by the Steelers.  I don't want A. Brown if he doesn't want to be here which I doubt he does.   I hope this is fake news or the deal falls through.

I'm not so sure,  

The skill set of Big Ben and Josh Allen are similar, something I'm sure AB can recognize and appreciate.

Allen clearly needs a go to guy, and AB loves catching the football... 

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Backpedaling is already starting........  The scrolling Breaking News Ticker with the news that has been running constantly on NFL Network is no longer there.  I get the feeling this is falling apart.

I didn’t read it as backpedaling as much as doubling down. Brown can blow it up. That’s what Pelissero is saying. If AB threatens to retire the deal blows up. 

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Not yet.  It's still across the bottom of the screen.

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The tweet about it being leaked too soon makes sense.

Almost like the bills and rosenhaus wanted to approach brown with a contract before the trade was announced

Correct.  Same thing with McCoy.  He got Brown the most money.  He probably is hearing and seeing the Buffalo is being aggressive in FA as well.  So they have a chance to be La or Chicago team wise not location wise.  Best situation.  Trying to win now paying you the most money.  Win win.  Every one wants to play in Ne but want to be the highest paid in the league lol.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This would be pretty cold blooded by the Steelers.  I don't want A. Brown if he doesn't want to be here which I doubt he does.   I hope this is fake news or the deal falls through.

If it happens get over it... he'll be sold to play here, just like Jim Kelly, Shady, Mario Williams 

AB is just the type of WR Josh Allen doesn't need at this stage of his career, IMO.   A selfish prima donna who will sulk if he doesn't get the ball (either by targets or accuracy) puts a lot of pressure on a kid who is still a long way from an accomplished NFL QB.   

I'd much rather have a younger, more developing WR who could grow with Josh and develop a long-term chemistry rather than a mercenary like AB...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, iinii said:

All you did was prove his point.

That alcohol is a drug? I'm pretty sure everyone knows this. He said no more beers for me, and I was saying I haven't had a beer in over 10 years. Don't think thay was too hard to understand.

Just now, Lurker said:

AB is just the type of WR Josh Allen doesn't need at this stage of his career, IMO.   A selfish prima donna who will sulk if he doesn't get the ball (either by targets or accuracy) puts a lot of pressure on a kid who is still a long way from an accomplished NFL QB.   

I'd much rather have a younger, more developing WR who could grow with Josh and develop a long-term chemistry rather than a mercinary like AB...

I think we have that with Foster and the WR we end up drafting will fill that role as well. Zay is also young.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I'd much rather have a younger, more developing WR who could grow with Josh and develop a long-term chemistry rather than a mercinary like AB...

If Allen can’t handle having one of the best WRs in the game then he’s not the guy we hope he is.

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Wrong!!! Enjoy your boring life with your fatass wife. No wonder you and friends troll on her all day. 

You better get some sleep or you’ll miss the bus to school tomorrow morning.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3