What is your favorite breakfast cereal

mead107

Trader Joe's has an ancient grains cereal that is really good (I eat very little cereal these days).

As a kid? Mr. Wonderfull's Surprize. Best. Cereal. Ever. It was like eating candy for breakfast. My mother would buy two boxes (the chocolate flavor, not the vanilla) on her every other week shopping expedition and we'd have one box gone by the next morning. My siblings and I would be bouncing off the walls - all sugared up - while watching Saturday morning cartoons.   

wonderful.jpg

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

As a kid? Mr. Wonderfull's Surprize. Best. Cereal. Ever. It was like eating candy for breakfast. My mother would buy two boxes (the chocolate flavor, not the vanilla) on her every other week shopping expedition and we'd have one box gone by the next morning. My siblings and I would be bouncing off the walls - all sugared up - while watching Saturday morning cartoons.

I'll self report after I post so you won't have to.  I mean no offense 

Mr. Wonderfull's Surprize??   Where the heck is that from? 

It sounds kind of perverted.  

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

I love cinnamon life. 

I put cinnamon on all cereal. 

Cinny-Life is strong out of the gate here.

5 hours ago, zevo said:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch....its not even close

Anything with Crunch seems to rule.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Frosted Flakes—loved ‘em from day 1. Nut ‘n honey also good, and always loved their commercials with that tagline 

An all time classic, NHK...not a surprise here!

Lately for me, and sorry guys, but I have to go with Raisin Bran Crunch.

Classic.

Seems healthy.

Has fruit in its original.

...but the crunch knocks it out of the park.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mead107 said:

I love cinnamon life. 

I put cinnamon on all cereal. 

I mix cinnamon life with honey nut cheerios, and I put cinnamon sugar on it and sliced bananas too. 

Whole milk, not that weak crap.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Cinny-Life is strong out of the gate here.

Anything with Crunch seems to rule.

An all time classic, NHK...not a surprise here!

Lately for me, and sorry guys, but I have to go with Raisin Bran Crunch.

Classic.

Seems healthy.

Has fruit in its original.

...but the crunch knocks it out of the park.

Agree--nice choice! It can also come with granola for an extra crunch pop right there!  

33 minutes ago, snafu said:

I mix cinnamon life with honey nut cheerios, and I put cinnamon sugar on it and sliced bananas too. 

Who would want to mix cereal with white-looking water? Skim milk is blah on multiple fronts, jmo. Also am a big fan of mixing multiple cereals together

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don’t add any sugar.  We use organic milk. 

That stuff last a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

for those who love cereal but are concerned about dairy intake, or just want to try something different

I'd recommend giving almond milk a try.  

Yes it's essentially sugar cane water flavored with almonds (there is unsweetened version but it tastes like liquid cardboard to me) and it's pricey by comparison. 

I have grown to love it, and have essentially eliminated cow milk from my diet.  

hopefully gives the ole prostate a bit of a break, if those studies turn out to be legit

I like every cereal mentioned so far except the few I've never heard of. Captain crunch and Apple Jack's were my faves as a kid. Nowadays, the only cereal we regularly keep in the pantry is Wheaties, and Cinnamon Life. I dont eat it often, but Wheaties with a sliced up banana is still a great midnight snack in my book.

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Quisp!

Actually.....raisin bran.

Raisin Bran is probably the last cereal I ate, but it’s been decades I’d bet. Maybe I’ll rethink that....with my banana and skim milk, of course. Creature of habit.