Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

Incredible talent. truly one of the game's best WR's. Very reasonable contract as well. But that attitude....ugh. He's a diva and a flake rolled into one.

I'm of the opinion that this could easily backfire. This guy has had the luxury of playing with a HOF QB his entire career and he has a meltdown if he doesn't get his 1,500 yards. What's he going to do if he struggles to get 1,000 yards with a 2nd year QB? He comes across as a me-first guy and not a team player.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Come on man, he has taken the Steelers to 2 SB, won 1, he has a regular season record of 131-71-1 career record, he's the winningest head coach based on win percentage with 68.8%, yeah he really blows. Marv Levy had 4 HOF players and won 0 SB.

How many important games has he lost with a top 7 QB, and the best RB and the best WR and a good offensive line? 

I know he’s a good coach, but if you can’t win with that, then there’s something wrong.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yes, they don't have to be the fastest IMO. It all comes down to route running ability and being able to get separation and get open. Speed helps but as long as they aren't as slow as KB is then I think they will be just fine.

burst out of the break

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

How many important games has he lost with a top 7 QB, and the best RB and the best WR and a good offensive line? 

I know he’s a good coach, but if you can’t win with that, then there’s something wrong.

...good points bud...wasn't the last Lombardi in 2009?.....then again, with 3 HC's in 48+ years, "firing" in NOT in the Rooney vocabulary...........

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He already told you.....because he's a millennial.

The goal is no longer a 'colorblind society'.  The goal is to slice and dice every situation through the perspective of race, no matter how irrelevant it is to the situation.

I don't think it's irrelevant. In another thread two people have already convicted Vance Joseph of something charges were never brought against him for.

You can find people all over this board defending Rothlisberger. 

Yet in this thread people are trying to turn Antonio Brown into some insane monster left and right over stuff that is far less heinous than what the aforementioned have on their reputations. And the situation was exacerbated and mishandled by Tomlin.

But trot out the old man troll bull#### because the scope of the situation doesn't fit the narrative that's convenient for you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think it's irrelevant. In another thread two people have already convicted Vance Joseph of something charges were never brought against him for.

You can find people all over this board defending Rothlisberger. 

Yet in this thread people are trying to turn Antonio Brown into some insane monster left and right over stuff that is far less heinous than what the aforementioned have on their reputations. And the situation was exacerbated and mishandled by Tomlin.

But trot out the old man troll bull#### because the scope of the situation doesn't fit the narrative that's convenient for you.

Not the place for this ol D. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think he goes to the 49ers.  It makes too much sense.  The Steelers won't get the 49ers 2nd pick in the draft for him given Brown's age and contract, but I could see something like the 49ers giving up aa 2nd round pick in 2019 and 2020 trade for him.

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he goes to the 49ers.  It makes too much sense.  The Steelers won't get the 49ers 2nd pick in the draft for him given Brown's age and contract, but I could see something like the 49ers giving up aa 2nd round pick in 2019 and 2020 trade for him.

Don't you think teams with young QBs will be hesitant to trade for him?  If he doesn't respect Big Ben who will he respect?

The thing that confuses me about this board is that everyone says we need to upgrade the offense. But be almost nobody wanted Landry. Now mostly nobody wants Brown or Bell. Everyone wants elite talent but when it's available almost everyone finds a reason why the elite guy isn't a good fit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

The thing that confuses me about this board is that everyone says we need to upgrade the offense. But be almost nobody wanted Landry. Now mostly nobody wants Brown or Bell. Everyone wants elite talent but when it's available almost everyone finds a reason why the elite guy isn't a good fit.

Being a bills fan requires that you aren't allowed nice things. 

• Like (+1) 1

I might guess, both were/ are considered low character guys. Landry especially !!!!
 and Brown is a Diva that needs flowers and candies every Sunday.

Not good for this Team.
and one player doth not improve the team.

and how boring would it be to have Josh be forced to chuck the ball to Brown all game. ....

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Being a bills fan requires that you aren't allowed nice things. 

Landry is a nice thing?

might have been an upgrade though.
brown ? nutbucket

With Landry it was personal.

With Brown, there's a reason why he's available.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Shady and our first rounder for Bell and Brown

I believe Bell is a free agent after not playing this year.  I would not pay him what he wants.  RB can be found later in the draft.  He is very good but it has a lot to do with their OL.  

When is comes to Brown I would take a chance but not for our 1st rounder.  He will turn 31 this year.  

I just don’t want him. I don’t want a guy like that conplaining to the media about allen in any way shape or form. At least with a drafted guy, or a guy they’d sign like Humphries or Conley or whoever, if a game goes bad, they’ll just blame themselves and the team as a whole. I could totally see AB just calling out individuals, the coaches, stuff like that. Just doesn’t seem to fit what they want here. I don’t want it either. Also, he’s how old? 30??? No thank you. 

3 hours ago, offyourocker said:

I believe Bell is a free agent after not playing this year.  I would not pay him what he wants.  RB can be found later in the draft.  He is very good but it has a lot to do with their OL.  

Bell I think can still be hit with the Franchise tag. By not playing he did not accrue a full season.  It would cost the Steelers a ton of cap space to tag him, but they have the option if there is a trade market

Edited by /dev/null
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Bell I think can still be hit with the Franchise tag. By not playing he did not accrue a full season.  It would cost the Steelers a ton of cap space to tag him, but they have the option if there is a trade market

If I'm the Steelers I'm in the mood to slap back.

I'd tag him and trade him.  He cant afford to sit out again if he ever wants a payday. Steelers have more leverage this year than last year

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/12/2019 at 3:34 PM, The Wiz said:

All would have been an upgrade for sure but it was meant as a joke anyways.

yes i knew that....

19 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

If I'm the Steelers I'm in the mood to slap back.

I'd tag him and trade him.  He cant afford to sit out again if he ever wants a payday. Steelers have more leverage this year than last year

I hate to admit

Brown AND Bell would improve this team immediately. and quite a bit.
Not a bad fantasy. 

even they i do not care for either of them, and consider both a risk.
but damn

Random observation

I don't think I've seen the Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster Pizza Hutt commercials today.  They were usually good for a couple airings during every game throughout the season, but nothing today.  I wonder if Pizza Hutt pulled the ads

On 1/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, 3rdand12 said:

I might guess, both were/ are considered low character guys. Landry especially !!!!
 and Brown is a Diva that needs flowers and candies every Sunday.

Not good for this Team.
and one player doth not improve the team.

and how boring would it be to have Josh be forced to chuck the ball to Brown all game. ....

Landry is a nice thing?

might have been an upgrade though.
brown ? nutbucket

I don’t think landry is low character - i think he’s a fierce competitor who plays hard and with an edge. But the aaron williams play dooms his rep among bills fans.

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don’t think landry is low character - i think he’s a fierce competitor who plays hard and with an edge. But the aaron williams play dooms his rep among bills fans.

I think he changed his game. took a season or so.
 Seems like he became a Leader after his trade.

and yes

I hold grudges..WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES I hate Bryan Cox

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I think he changed his game. took a season or so.
 Seems like he became a Leader after his trade.

and yes

I hold grudges..WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES I hate Bryan Cox

Yeah, I don’t like the guy either. I don’t hate Cox. He was wild early on but evolved into an actual pro over time. 

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, I don’t like the guy either. I don’t hate Cox. He was wild early on but evolved into an actual pro over time. 

i never suggested i was even handed with my grudges.
 But to each their own   : )

22 hours ago, /dev/null said:

After the supposed deadline it came out that the language in Bells contract was extremely vague regarding the subject of season accrual.  Legally, the assumption is that if arbitrated Bell wins easily.   Bell for 3 years 50 isnt terrible.  If it was fully guaranteed he would do it. Though I think he is 1 test away from a 1 yr suspension.  I would def trade a 2nd plus for Brown.  3 to 4 years of top production would be worth it.  Foster and Ab is a pretty good duo.  Take Fant at 9 and the offense is pretty good outside.

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

It was more than just the A. Williams incident. How about the final game last year?  You want a guy like that on your team?  No friggin way.

3 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

It was more than just the A. Williams incident. How about the final game last year?  You want a guy like that on your team?  No friggin way.

As I said, I don’t like him, but I don’t think he’s low character. I think he’s a hardass player who plays with an extreme edge, sometimes to the point where he’ll cross the line. He’s a process guy in his own way. Gase totally screwed his managing of a bunch of combustible-but-good players up (ie, Suh).

Edited by dave mcbride

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As I said, I don’t like him, but I don’t think he’s low character. I think he’s a hardass player who plays with an extreme edge, sometimes to the point where he’ll cross the line. He’s a process guy in his own way. Gase totally screwed his managing of a bunch of combustible-but-good players up (ie, Suh).

He took a cheap shot in the Bills game this preseason.  He's a punk.

14 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Random observation

I don't think I've seen the Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster Pizza Hutt commercials today.  They were usually good for a couple airings during every game throughout the season, but nothing today.  I wonder if Pizza Hutt pulled the ads

I think its just a coincidence as they have come out with those new abe lincoln ones so they were going with their new marketing campaign i think