Phil The Thrill

Bucky and Sully Blackballed By The Pegulas?

12 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

I would say the Pegula's have been more awful to the fans than Schopp & Bulldog have been to the Bills.

• Like 1

Just now, eball said:

What about the pettiness of the "journalists" who don't understand that with actions come repercussions?  The Pegulas have to face up to whatever their franchises are on a daily basis.  Who do Bucky and Sully have to answer to?

Fair question.  I honestly don't know where I come down with that.  I'd like 'my' owners to accept critical press as part of the game and look past it.  Just me.  

Then again...Bucky put a bullseye on his back w that take.  One of the perks of ownership is getting to sit in those meetings and doing whatever the F you want.     

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Pegulas hold a grudge over that misogyny.

Grudge approved.

39 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

These guys should be careful tossing around the word "journalist".

...CORRECTION: proper spelling is urinalist......it sources them perfectly.............

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

THAT would be very disappointing, so I’ll just hope it’s inaccurate in some way. That would concern me far more than the press passes. Hire your football people and let them do their job. I prefer to tell myself the Dennison version, which sounded possible, if not even likely.

Edited by Augie
  • Like 1

Bucky and Sully, two bitter old men who will be off the scene this time next year. the only reason they have any press at all is because they bemoan how they are viewed and a few of their fanboys post their drivel here.

Seriously though....fans are giving them crap for being negative.  The stuff in this forum is far more negative and viscious than anything Bucky or Sully wrote.  I think they were doing their job - and don’t feel they should be penalized for that

This came down to a printing contract.

The BN is the biggest printer in WNY and wanted the contract to print game day programs. Sources report "you want the program printing contract--get rid of Bucky and Sully."

As told to me by Dunkirk Don during a a break from one of our meetings.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Idandria said:

And Schopp and bulldog get a pass? They are awful to the Bills. Could the Pegulas please ban them as well. 

If the Pegulas believe the show hosts on WGR are unfair to their teams, I would think the broadcast rights might be awarded to a different entity besides Entercom at the next negotiations covering broadcast rights.  I remember how Entercom pitched themselves as the 'voice of the fans' the last time they lost broadcast rights.

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

If the Pegulas believe the show hosts on WGR are unfair to their teams, I would think the broadcast rights might be awarded to a different entity besides Entercom at the next negotiations covering broadcast rights.  I remember how Entercom pitched themselves as the 'voice of the fans' the last time they lost broadcast rights.

Thats what Bucky was saying about influence.  The Pegulas are such big players in town owning 2 sports franchises.  They have direct influence over a WGR and indirect influence over the Buffalo news, television, or radio through all of the  advertising they do.  

I hope that Bucky’s narrative isn’t right because I personally have always liked Terry and Kim.   But if he is right, it’s not a very good look.

9 minutes ago, boater said:

This came down to a printing contract.

The BN is the biggest printer in WNY and wanted the contract to print game day programs. Sources report "you want the program printing contract--get rid of Bucky and Sully."

As told to me by Dunkirk Don during a a break from one of our meetings.

There could be some truth to this.  I have heard that the News actually makes a lot of money as a commercial printing service.  Much more than revenue from the newspaper  itself

20 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Off topic, but today I was listening to a local talk show in Rochester. One of the hosts, who's a well known sports guy in Rochester, was talking about how the Pegulas, or Terry, are the reason for the whole Peterman debacle. Said a source close to the team said Terry was in love with Peterman and is the reason he started against the Chargers last year and then again at the beggining of this season. Also the reason he's still on this team. He didn't say the source, but said if he could say the source, we'd all know it was 100% credible. Anyways, it was pretty interesting. Don't know if any other Rochester folk here heard it

I don’t buy it...only because there are a number of reporters in town with a lot of access to players etc.  None of the big players in town have reported this, so I don’t think this dude from Rochester is sitting on a major scoop and no one is reporting it

They showed massive restraint in even allowing them into press conferences.  As they proved when they left because they did not want to lose their columns they are columnists not journalists.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

they are columnists not journalists.

Money quote there. Few will understand.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Seriously though....fans are giving them crap for being negative.  The stuff in this forum is far more negative and viscious than anything Bucky or Sully wrote.  I think they were doing their job - and don’t feel they should be penalized for that

...you can put the D&C's Maiorana and Roth in the same bucket.......can almost predict what they'll write after a stinker.......granted the Bills provide them with PLENTY of fodder and opportunities......you'd hope their damn pens either run out of ink or carpal tunnel sets in for an eight week break.......these guys have an OBD Dartboard in their offices.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you can put the D&C's Maiorana and Roth in the same bucket.......can almost predict what they'll write after a stinker.......granted the Bills provide them with PLENTY of fodder and opportunities......you'd hope their damn pens either run out of ink or carpal tunnel sets in for an eight week break.......these guys have an OBD Dartboard in their offices.....

LOL I think they recycle articles.  At least Sal does!

• Haha 1

So if I started some random sports blog and my own public access radio show could I expect a press pass too?  Wayne and Garth need to accept that no one takes them seriously anymore and as a result they get nothing.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Idandria said:

The mainstays at WGR, Simon, White, Parker and Schopp, their acts and egos have all grown old.

Capaccio too, but he did so much faster and his ego is a bit larger than all others there....easily more so than Schopp and White combined.

His occasional reminder of his high school football "career" and he coached kids is so laughable.  

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, stony said:

Fair question.  I honestly don't know where I come down with that.  I'd like 'my' owners to accept critical press as part of the game and look past it.  Just me.  

Then again...Bucky put a bullseye on his back w that take.  One of the perks of ownership is getting to sit in those meetings and doing whatever the F you want.     

I don't read the Buffalo news.

But from what it seems like Sully and Bucky criticize the team because they suck. What else are they supposed to do?

And if Pegula doesn't like it maybe he should field a good football team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

LOL I think they recycle articles.  At least Sal does!

.....LMAO....cocktail napkins and leftover Charmin'.......

24 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Lol.

How else are they supposed to write? The team ***** blows year in and year out. And fans get pissed because they are "negative". 

Well, no ***** they are negative.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I never wanted something not to be true so bad, but I completely believe you. That pretty much explains everything. 

Peterman did deserve to start against the Chargers. Tyrod was playing awful and his benching was deserved. Peterman also won the job this year in the preseason, after looking like our best QB in camp for the 2nd straight year.

We will see what happens when both Anderson & Allen are healthy. If they keep him as a 3rd QB, you might be on to something 

This is Gleason and Sullivan. There are no rights to cover sports. Sorry. Private enterprise is not a democracy.

dd31o.jpg

Edited by zonabb
  • Like 2

Not surprised and frankly don't blame the Pegula's. While I am not fans of the ownership thus far by Terry and Kim, both of them took shots and criticism that went past analysis and were uncalled. If Tim Graham, Vic, Joe B, etc... can criticize the team without crossing the boundary so can those two.

With sports teams especially its a privileged not a right to get press access. I remember at one point Terry was criticized by Jerry Sullivan for his contributions to Penn State hockey because of the Sandusky atrocity which was far before Pegula came in. It made literally zero sense and just felt cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

" . . . atrocious and petty thing to do . . . ."

Bucky and Sully should know about atrocious and petty . . . they have made careers of being just that.

Should it surprise anyone that they have burned the bridge . . . several times.

It is funny that he mentions WGR.  I listen to WGR often on the radio.com app during my commute etc.  The guys on WGR seem to feel no hesitation to be critical.  I am not sure what his point is.

There clearly is some history.  As I recall, Bucky completely embarrassed himself during a year end Sabres press conference.  Bucky also wrote the article suggesting that Kim should essentially just be responsible for picking the drapes.

Sully has been targeting Pegula for years now.  Some may recall that Sully wrote that Pegula merely got lucky in making his billions and suggested that he was a racist when he made a joke at an event with Mayor Brown.  

Bucky and Sully made their own bed . . . .  No one should feel sorry for them.

• Like 3

If your team is hot garbage then the fanbase will hear about it and you will be mocked.

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have the worst offense since the invention of the forward pass.

There isn't really anything subjective about this year........the Pegs have put a disgrace of a football team on the field.......even by Billsy standards.

Bucky and Sully aren't needed to point this out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2