Peterman career stats

CoachT

To be clear Peterman is not a good QB but those claiming the WR's contributed a whole lot to our offensive problems today are spot on.  We have the worst WR's/TE's in the NFL.  I'm not sure any of these guys would start for any other team in the NFL.  Our WR's do not get separation; they lead the league in dropping catch-able balls; and I believe they also are last in the NFL in YAC.

But I would also say that if Peterman supporters are going to cite the dismal WR/TE play to explain away some of his bad stats then the same applies to Allen who had 3 TD's dropped and at least one INT off a pass that bounced off the chest of a WR. 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

To be clear Peterman is not a good QB but those claiming the WR's contributed a whole lot to our offensive problems today are spot on.  We have the worst WR's/TE's in the NFL.  I'm not sure any of these guys would start for any other team in the NFL.  Our WR's do not get separation; they lead the league in dropping catch-able balls; and I believe they also are last in the NFL in YAC.

But I would also say that if Peterman supporters are going to cite the dismal WR/TE play to explain away some of his bad stats then the same applies to Allen who had 3 TD's dropped and at least one INT off a pass that bounced off the chest of a WR. 

That is the problem. The entire Offense is awful. But your not going to get your best of anyone when your coach keeps putting Peterman out there. It is back breaking for players to see their coaches ego over the team.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

What percentage of Brees or Brady’s come from wr mistakes? Or are we pretending that peterman is the only that deals with that? 

These plays are more likely when defensive backs only have to cover the part of the field 5 yards from the LOS because your QB doesn't have the arm or balls to throw past the sticks.  Defensive backs are wide eyed playing Peterman.  They're jumping everything, breaking on every pass, and getting there just as the ball reaches the WR.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes it is. 

People can hate Nate all they want.  

Hes been the only one to score more than 6 points in nearly a month 

In a 41 - 9 beat down in which the Bills trailed 28 - 0 at half and 34 - 3 midway through the 4th quarter.  I mean given how NFL teams play prevent defense in these types of games it's amazing that we didn't get at least one more garbage time TD. 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

That is the problem. The entire Offense is awful. But your not going to get your best of anyone when your coach keeps putting Peterman out there. It is back breaking for players to see their coaches ego over the team.

This is a good point and it seemed like after the pick six the defense deflated.  Why the coach doesn't seem to get how demotivating having Peterman in there is to the rest of the team is alarming. 

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

These plays are more likely when defensive backs only have to cover the part of the field 5 yards from the LOS because your QB doesn't have the arm or balls to throw past the sticks.  Defensive backs are wide eyed playing Peterman.  They're jumping everything, breaking on every pass, and getting there just as the ball reaches the WR.

If I'm not mistaken, that looks as if it may be a trend. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

How many total attempts?

130 career attempts.  His INT % just dropped below double digits.  It was 11.5% and is now 9.2%.  Today was absolutely huge for his career.  31 for 49 189 yards 3 INTs and a rushing TD.  A staggering 4 yards per attempt and his first complete game.  Career day for Peterman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

130 career attempts.  His INT % just dropped below double digits.  It was 11.5% and is now 9.2%.  Today was absolutely huge for his career.  31 for 49 189 yards 3 INTs and a rushing TD.  A staggering 4 yards per attempt and his first complete game.  Career day for Peterman.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/11/04/nathan-peterman-buffalo-bills-stats-interceptions/1886569002/

Its like they knew that a ton of attempts would help him.

3 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Or maybe get his receivers that will actually catch the ball and not bobble it into the other team's hands. That's not even talking about how bad the offensive line is.

Pretty messed up that his players let him down badly and he gets the blame because it goes on his stats.

We're in 2018 though where the internet has stripped everyone of reasonable logic

We could pile reasonable logic  like snow on the sidewalks in January and it still won't make Peterman good.

34 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll have to look at the tape 

A few things I think (please tell me I am an idiot):

1.) When Rex was fired, the entire org knew it was going to be a teardown/rebuild

2.) We lucked into the playoffs last year and overacheived

3.) The entire org knew there would be a regression this year based on the dead cap and all of the other dead horses we have beaten lately

4.) I don't think anyone expected it to be this bad

5.) Pegs is in a tough spot - he doesn't like his teams to be embarrassing, but

6.) I really think the seat might be getting a little hot for these guys (even though I don't think Pegs would pull the plug that quick - but he might be starting to think it)

7.) I wish we had an insider who knew the current feeling in the organization. I don't know if McD makes it if it stays this bad

8.) I don't see it getting much better unless Allen comes back and plays amazing

9.) The QB and OL situation are the biggest reasons why

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

1.) When Rex was fired, the entire org knew it was going to be a teardown/rebuild

3.) The entire org knew there would be a regression this year based on the dead cap and all of the other dead horses we have beaten lately

6.) I really think the seat might be getting a little hot for these guys (even though I don't think Pegs would pull the plug that quick - but he might be starting to think it)

7.) I wish we had an insider who knew the current feeling in the organization. I don't know if McD makes it if it stays this bad

8.) I don't see it getting much better unless Allen comes back and plays amazing

I think that you are pretty close. Number 4 is where they hold the most responsibility. It is their job to evaluate talent and anticipate what will happen. They were a little unlucky with the OL but the rest of the roster they own. Their player evaluations were dead wrong in a lot of cases. That’s how they got here. It hasn’t been a rash of injuries and bad bounces. It’s been bad decisions. They need to own that.

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And then you said "the cult will be out to cut him." As if him scoring those TDs means anything at all.

Oh Scott.    Cult?  Did I really post the word cult?

All I said was

Nate is the QB that scored the last two TD's for the Bills.

Is that a lie?  Look at the BIG picture here. 

The haters will still rant for Nate to be cut 

Again.  Is that "a lie" or the truth?

Yeah, it really sucks all those balls bounce of receivers hands or arms for Nate and he gets tagged for the INT.   

We have to live with the QB situation until the better option comes along.  Reality Scott.  

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that you are pretty close. Number 4 is where they hold the most responsibility. It is their job to evaluate talent and anticipate what will happen. They were a little unlucky with the OL but the rest of the roster they own. Their player evaluations were dead wrong in a lot of cases. That’s how they got here. It hasn’t been a rash of injuries and bad bounces. It’s been bad decisions. They need to own that.

Not many decision makers anywhere can make that many poor decisions and expect to keep their job, doesn't matter what business it is this poor of a performance could and should have extreme consequences, like being held accountable and then fired.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Nah, they just seem bad because of Tyrod.

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What are we worried about guys?

Peterman is going to learn from the failed Hail Mary and McDermott is going to watch the tape and together the group will correct their mistakes. 

We're building a culture here people. 

He actually said that in his postgame podium presser.  Completely ridiculous and brainless from a football IQ perspective.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yup Peterman sucks.  

2 INTs not really his fault but he gets the stat. 

Who scored the last 2 TDs for Buffalo?

That would be one of worst starting QB's in the NFL in the last couple of decades...thats who...

Edited by JPP

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It wasn't even close to a rebuild situation...........there was underachieving due to poor coaching.

There was a looming concern because there were a lot of older players........Kyle Williams,  Wood, Incognito, Lorax, Hughes, McCoy were all nearing their expiration/decline dates.

But the jackasses kept all of them and got rid of the successful young/prime aged first and second round picks.......Watkins, Gilmore, Dareus, Glenn and Woods............it was totally out-of-the-box thinking that isn't working out because it lacked common sense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

not a Peterman apologist but he certainly didnt get much help Sunday.  He is not a good qb but the supporting cast plain out sucked. He gave KB several chances at big plays and the big slug didn't get it done.  Zay Jones stunk.  Clay out as usual (talk about a  guy just cashing checks) McCoy sucked.  Pryor  stunk. Entire O line mailed it in  Watching Mills makes me want to punch my tv. Only guy with any heart on offense yesterday was Ivory and now he's broke

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't even close to a rebuild situation...........there was underachieving due to poor coaching.

There was a looming concern because there were a lot of older players........Kyle Williams,  Wood, Incognito, Lorax, Hughes, McCoy were all nearing their expiration/decline dates.

But the jackasses kept all of them and got rid of the successful young/prime aged first and second round picks.......Watkins, Gilmore, Dareus, Glenn and Woods............it was totally out-of-the-box thinking that isn't working out because it lacked common sense.

Yep.  I don't think they knew this was going to be a lousy year at all. I think they thought a couple good bounces and we make the playoffs again.  I think they just miscalculated on a bunch of players and coaches, especially the most important position in sports. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously Allen is the future.  Nate played a gritty game yesterday.  Was under pressure often, took a lot of hits, ran the ball well when he had to (excluding the hail Mary he should have thrown), made some good throws (many more good than not)  seemed to have a good command of the offense including in no huddle,  and overall probably did what the coaches wanted him to do.  The offense has many other problems, most notably a poor running game.