Peterman career stats

CoachT

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I don't think he has mind powers to make Pryor throw the ball back up in the air

And the other 2 picks? The sub 200 yards on a million attempts? The highest INT rate in the history of this league. Not this year, not this decade, the absolute worst in the history of this game but continue to tell me how it's not his fault. 

Edited by Elite Poster

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

And the other 2 picks? The sub 200 yards on a million attempts? The highest INT rate in the history of this league. Not this year, not this decade, the absolute worst in the history of this game but continue to tell me how it's not his fault. 

Oh im not defending his other two picks. The Jones one should never have been thrown. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't even close to a rebuild situation...........there was underachieving due to poor coaching.

There was a looming concern because there were a lot of older players........Kyle Williams,  Wood, Incognito, Lorax, Hughes, McCoy were all nearing their expiration/decline dates.

But the jackasses kept all of them and got rid of the successful young/prime aged first and second round picks.......Watkins, Gilmore, Dareus, Glenn and Woods............it was totally out-of-the-box thinking that isn't working out because it lacked common sense.

For clarification, when I say teardown/rebuild, it was tied to getting rid of the Rex players (Ragland etc who didn't fit our new scheme or were poor choices), Dareus (the writing was on the wall for him) and the older players. I really anticipated that we were going to build around the younger guys because that makes sense. Going into this, I expected the exact names you listed to be moved.

IIRC, with the reports that are out there now on the passing on Mahomes/Watson it was because McD thought he could win with TT which indicates a teardown approach with the older vets and bringing in more young talent to complement the guys we kept, which again makes sense. To me and what I expected was, Tre was simply going to be Gilmore's replacement to be able to preserve cap space and bring in a player at a cheaper contract and who presumably is a better fit for McD's scheme. I could entirely see this being discussed in McD's interview and having buy-in from that standpoint. 

I will add this on Watkins, declining his option was a bad idea, but once the trades were done with him and Darby, with KB and Matthews coming on board I was able to rationalize Sammy being moved for personality reasons, which throughout the season were seemingly well documented. Matthews production was decent and I never really followed KB, but seeing the holes on the roster at WR, I figured the sum of those 2 would equal Sammy's production (not talent, but stat-wise). 

19 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I think the second one was partially his fault.

But, really, who cares?

The second one was totally his fault it was a dreadful throw 2 feet behind his receiver. I actually have more sympathy on his on the third, where he was a little inaccurate but Benjamin runs an atrocious route.

I put 1 and a half of yesterday's INTs on Peterman. The 2nd one and half of the third one.

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The second one was totally his fault it was a dreadful throw 2 feet behind his receiver. I actually have more sympathy on his on the third, where he was a little inaccurate but Benjamin runs an atrocious route.

I put 1 and a half of yesterday's INTs on Peterman. The 2nd one and half of the third one.

the prior game he was running for his life and Shady was standing in the middle of the field a few yards away

Peterman threw to him as a safety valve and Shady stood there with his hands on his hips, not even pretending to care about taking the pass

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the prior game he was running for his life and Shady was standing in the middle of the field a few yards away

Peterman threw to him as a safety valve and Shady stood there with his hands on his hips, not even pretending to care about taking the pass

Oh we don't only suck 'cos of Nasty Nate. Anyone suggesting that needs their head looking at. But Nasty Nate does suck. A lot. 

58 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep.  I don't think they knew this was going to be a lousy year at all. I think they thought a couple good bounces and we make the playoffs again.  I think they just miscalculated on a bunch of players and coaches, especially the most important position in sports. 

I disagree with this part, solely because I hope the organization is not this stupid. :ph34r:

I am fairly certain they knew we overachieved last year and I find it hard to believe that carrying ~$50 million in deadcap, while only spending ~$12.5 million on the OL this season (after tearing it down and having the lowest amount spent on it in the entire league) and only having 30% of our cap tied to the offense with a rookie QB who was not ready to play this season that they expected to be competitive on offense. 

That being said, Peterman on the roster and only going into the season with him and Josh was beyond a terrible idea. Fine, I will give the team that McCarron didn't want to help with Allen, once he was shipped off you could have gotten Barkely, Sanch-ise, someone and we didn't. Our QB coach , well I'm not going there because I don't get it either. 

I expected about 6 wins last year and figured about 4 wins this year, at this point I hope we don't win 1 more game this year. Although I am not sure I trust either Beane or McD or the Pegs to look at building this team for the long term. 

Peterman threw an interception on a one yard pass to a wide receiver.  The defender jumped the freaking route.  

Let that sink in, because there's a whole lot of suck in that play, at multiple levels of the organization. Owners, Coaches, GM, offensive line, WR,  and QB.

In today's NFL, a defense plastered a wide receiver (on the defensive side of the 50) at the line of scrimmage, because they know the Bills don't have the play design, or execution, or talent to complete passes 2 yards off the line of scrimmage. 

And instead of driving down on the weeds on this one, let's just say that anyone involved in this play is not NFL caliber at their position.

The Pegulas should just spend $90 million on a giant ice sculpture of themselves to be built in July at the 50 yard line of New Era so we can all watch it melt, because that be money better spent than giving it to the current regime trying to build a modern NFL offense.

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Remember that rumor that McD might lose the locker room if Nate started? Maybe it had some substance.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Or maybe get his receivers that will actually catch the ball and not bobble it into the other team's hands. That's not even talking about how bad the offensive line is.

Pretty messed up that his players let him down badly and he gets the blame because it goes on his stats.

We're in 2018 though where the internet has stripped everyone of reasonable logic

Yea, it is a double-whammy having receivers with bad hands who are unable to get any kind of separation. When it bounces off their hands, it goes right into the waiting hands of a defender.

Still, Peterman is just bad. It may not be all his fault, but he is clearly snake-bit and needs to be somewhere else.

19 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

Or maybe get his receivers that will actually catch the ball and not bobble it into the other team's hands. That's not even talking about how bad the offensive line is.

Pretty messed up that his players let him down badly and he gets the blame because it goes on his stats.

We're in 2018 though where the internet has stripped everyone of reasonable logic

Bro, you really need your eyes checked. He ***** blows. Good QBs make those around them better. Peterman clearly makes them worse. He’s a joke of a QB. He couldn’t make the Washington Generals

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Excuse me. You didn't say cult. You said haters. Sorry. 

Nate is terrible. He shouldve be cut a long time ago. He's proven that game in and game out. 

Yes, ***** goes wrong with the team when he's under center.  The ball litterally doesn't bounce our way. 

So Would you rather be the worst with DA and score 1 maybe 2 FG's a game, or be the worst with Nate and actually see the team score a TD? 

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They essentially let EVERY young, good player from the previous regime walk or traded them for draft picks. 

Thats ***** stupid. The crazy thing is many of us "armchair GMs" knew it was ***** stupid when they made those trades. 

I will say this, if you do this, everyone needs to go, including the old guys and be the Raiders this year or the Browns a couple season back. I understand that approach and it makes sense (if you feel it is a complete rebuild) - everyone goes.

Going into this season, I gave a benefit of the doubt, because of these moves it looked like we were doing a complete rebuild. I honestly expected the old guys to be moved this year for draft picks (you don't want all your picks in one draft since all contracts will expire at the same time, blah, blah blah - I get it). I am astounded that we kept all the old guys and we didn't make moves with them. 

Here is what is going to happen in this offseason:

1.) The 2019 NFL Draft - We are going to focus on the short-term filling holes method and spend the draft picks on trying to fill those holes meaning:

a.) We will win 2 more meaningless games and know us out of the Bosa/Oliver picks

b.) We will pass on excellent future all-pro defensive players because we are trying to fill holes

c.) We will bemoan passing on the Ngatas & Watts because we reach and draft the offensive equivalent of Whinters and Maybins or we trade back and pass on Mahomes &       

Watsons to fill holes we made ourselves. The wheels keep spinning.

2.) Our $90 million under the cap will be spent on:

a.) Overpaying average at best OLmen. OL play in the league in general is atrocious, every team needs it, average players will be overpaid. 

b.) Overpaying WR #2s at best, probably close to Watkins level money to come play here

c.) Replacing DL & LB backups. Spending $ on a CB

3.) TBD will melt down:

a.) Glass-half full types saying they need more time

b.) Pegs need to hire football people

2019 NFL season - we are not much better & McD and Beane are canned at the end. Rinse and repeat

Last year Dimarco can't handle one of Nate's 45mph rockets and bounces of his hands for a p6....yesterday we see it twice....maybe his ball spins backwards?

19 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

not cutting this guy is a nightmare i need to wake up from. for the love of god, just got rid of him. for my sanity

does this dude even have any friends in the locker room? please just end this misery for everyone involved. 

....keeping him on this roster is now just cruel....national sports radio today were relentless.