Marc Trestman fired by Argonauts

BeastMode54

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Would a team like the Bills, or any team for that matter, bring in a guy like Trestman mid season to help a QB?

A move like this would make it appear a team is desperate. No team would show that card mid-season.

Just now, Jerome007 said:

What? At 3-6 or 2-7, you can show you're "desperate". Or truly care about helping the QBs on the roster...

Yeah, you're right.

McBeane is looking desperate with bringing Andersen in and Beane coming out of his shell last week to concede they erred going with Peterman and Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, you're right.

McBeane is looking desperate with bringing Andersen in and Beane coming out of his shell last week to concede they erred going with Peterman and Allen. 

This franchise is  “3:46 a.m. at The Old Pink” desperate, my man.

And it’s lookin like a “go home with a chicken finger sub and pass out in your jeans and sneakers (again)” kinda season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would like to bring him in to work with JA.  He has a really solid history in working and developing young QB's.

It of course would be dependent if his and Daboll's philosophy match.

I think Trestman peaks kinda like Norv Turner, great coordinator, poor Head coach.

Based on how he and Daboll can mesh, I say yes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Would a team like the Bills, or any team for that matter, bring in a guy like Trestman mid season to help a QB? or are positions like that only filled preseason and no adding to staff midseason? Feel like if anything he could help develop Allen

What?  You don't think that David Culley is good enough to mentor a first round rookie QB?  Besides, the Bills now have Anderson, who had such a distinguised NFL career, to do that.

56 minutes ago, JPP said:

Dont we have a WR coach mentoring our QB currently?

Culley did coach QBs for a couple of years at some Lousiana college not named LSU back in the 1980s ...

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

This offense isn’t desperate?

Whyever would you think that???  They've scored 6 TDs already this season haven't they?

• Like (+1) 2

If there is an opportunity to improve the team you do it. I dont know if there is a role for him at this juncture. My initial thought, without giving it a ton of thought, is to bring him in as a offensive quality guy and assist with all facets- qb development, game planning etc....

Our current QB coach David Culley has spent the vast majority of his career as a WR coach... so, of course, we hire him as QB coach (even though he's never done it before at the pro level), then draft a raw rookie QB in the first round. Because... Bills.

Trestman (unlike Culley) played QB in college and has spent most of his career as a QB coach and mentor. It'd make sense. Too much sense for a franchise like this.

Edited by October 1918
  • Like (+1) 1

I would only want him added to the coaching staff if it is Brians idea . I don't think it would be right to have a coach forced down someones throat or our current coach looking over his shoulder......If Brian likes it then you know he is secure with adding a guy who has done the same job as him before.....GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

This franchise is  “3:46 a.m. at The Old Pink” desperate, my man.

And it’s lookin like a “go home with a chicken finger sub and pass out in your jeans and sneakers (again)” kinda season.

Spent many weekend nights there with my 2nd wife in the 80's. Their steak sandwich and chili was very good back then.

More often we'd end up at the Towne restaurant eating open chicken souvlakis doused in Greek dressing. 

You're right, offense is desperate and pathetic. To watch McBeane's offensive weekly this year, one seems near sadistic.  

Edited by I am the egg man

Hire him as our O coordinator.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We would probably be better off bringing him in to play qb 

The early AFL Broncos had to do that.  And he was a qb coach in the CFL before being a qb coach with the Broncs. Frank (not sure of the spelling here) Tripuca.

Bringing him in now might be beneficial, or it might be a "too many cooks" situation. If his coaching is too different than what Anderson and/or Culley are telling Allen, you might do more harm than good in the middle of the season.

The decision would, for me, boil down to what he is going to bring to Allen's development right now, and how his coaching would fit in with what Culley and Anderson are teaching him. Otherwise, wait until the offseason to have Trestman work with Allen.

5 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Would a team like the Bills, or any team for that matter, bring in a guy like Trestman mid season to help a QB? or are positions like that only filled preseason and no adding to staff midseason? Feel like if anything he could help develop Allen

yeah bring him in he could run out a 12th player like CFL to talk the QB through the play live in real time.

If he comes in I would require him to leave that old haircut he had in Chicago in Canada.

marc t.jpg

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Always liked Trestman and wanted him as our OC when he was available... Bring him in!

He failed as OC in Baltimore. FWIW.

Edited by cba fan

3 hours ago, JPP said:

Dont we have a WR coach mentoring our QB currently?

There are plenty of 'mentors' in the QB room already. 

This week Anderson explained the dangers of a strip sack.

Next week hopefully Pryor will teach hime to 'ball out'

Nate &  Matt must be a big help too. 

Edited by Best Player Available