Josh Rosen leads dramatic comeback win. Did we take the wrong Josh?

KOKO NFL

2 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Josh Rosen, the 'other' Josh, led a dramatic Arizona comeback today to pull out a win 18-15 against SF. (I watched the 4th Quarter because I am in a football pool and the game mattered). Down 15-3 in the 4th Quarter, JR was accurate and stayed poised, under duress, in the pocket. Dare I say, unlike the Bills' strong-armed, mobile, yet skiddish and inaccurate rookie, Josh Allen. 

Did the Bills take the wrong Josh? From the evidence I've seen to date... regrettably, yes.

Didn't our Josh do the same to win his game against the Titans!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Josh Rosen, the 'other' Josh, led a dramatic Arizona comeback today to pull out a win 18-15 against SF. (I watched the 4th Quarter because I am in a football pool and the game mattered). Down 15-3 in the 4th Quarter, JR was accurate and stayed poised, under duress, in the pocket. Dare I say, unlike the Bills' strong-armed, mobile, yet skiddish and inaccurate rookie, Josh Allen. 

Did the Bills take the wrong Josh? From the evidence I've seen to date... regrettably, yes.

There is no evidence so far.  The only thing that's regrettable are ignorant posts about any rookie before they've even played 1 season.  There are people a lot smarter than you who have followed the NFL draft for years who concluded that the best QB to take in last year's draft was Josh Allen, included among them draft guru Dave Te' Thomas.  I think a lot more of Dave Te' than someone who is coming to conclusions that we got the wrong QB because his flavor of the day beat one of the worst teams in the NFL after sucking for 58 minutes. https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/21/17264242/nfl-draft-report-josh-allen-cream-of-quarterback-crop-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

NFL Draft Report: On potential, Josh Allen is cream of the quarterback crop

Grading the top QBs in the 2018 draft class

By Dave-Te Thomas  Updated Apr 21, 2018, 10:58am EDT

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There is no evidence so far.  The only thing that's regrettable are ignorant posts about any rookie before they've even played 1 season.  There are people a lot smarter than you who have followed the NFL draft for years who concluded that the best QB to take in last year's draft was Josh Allen, included among them draft guru Dave Te' Thomas.  I think a lot more of Dave Te' than someone who is coming to conclusions that we got the wrong QB because his flavor of the day beat one of the worst teams in the NFL after sucking for 58 minutes. https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/21/17264242/nfl-draft-report-josh-allen-cream-of-quarterback-crop-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

NFL Draft Report: On potential, Josh Allen is cream of the quarterback crop

Grading the top QBs in the 2018 draft class

By Dave-Te Thomas  Updated Apr 21, 2018, 10:58am EDT

Sure if you want a guy who has a perfect pocket.

And then there is the "wonderkind" Sam Darnold who put up a 14/29 153yd 1TD 0Int performance this week. He has played all the games this year for the Jets. They, despite having had something in the neighborhood of 90 million to spend this prior offseason on FA have exactly 1 more victory than the Bills... Guess he sucks too... And let's not forget Tyrod who  is riding the bench in Cleveland since after the third game of the season...

In an ideal world none of these rookie QB's would be starting yet. But trying to predict what kind of careers any of them will have at this point is simple lunacy. 

5 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Josh Rosen leads dramatic comeback win. Did we take the wrong Josh?

Correct answer:  we'll know in two to four more years.

I wanted one of the other three of the big four, and I certainly hoped they'd pick Rosen over Allen when they traded up. But I still thought Allen deserved to be drafted as high as he was, and I'm on record about that. But it'll take Allen a lot longer to reach his potential probably. On the other hand, Rosen might be injury-prone. Too early to know.

We'll know in two to four more years.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Unfortunately we are going to have to hear this trash for the next X years. Over and done with. Rosen has looked far from a world beater this season and led a comeback win against the 49ers, a team that has one win. Both of Arizona’s wins have come against the 1 win 49ers. They are far from world beaters. Tell me when Rosen lights it up all game AND leads a come from behind win against a respectable defense. Also, if you combine Benjamin and Zay Jones, they couldn’t hold Larry Fitzgerald’s jock strap. 

A team that has one win. You mean like the colts who beat us by over 30?

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

It was funny in April 

Get used to it 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the problem is McD would not have been patient with Allen given how TT was maxed out in his potential and team were starting to really figure him out.....this carried over when he went to Cleveland......

So Josh would still have been starting too early.....he really does need a year holding the clipboard while the offense is rebiult.

But as they say....the train has left the station

They picked a project for a team that has nothing in place on offense. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Sure if you want a guy who has a perfect pocket.

The big blue view?  ????

Couldn't find a credible source that loves Allen eh?

1 hour ago, BB@Shooter said:

Cappy thread. ( Yawn........... )

Not really... 

7 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Scouts said he was most ready of all QB'S,  i think we need to see Allen playing with better surrounding talent like an offensive line that provides times to throw and better WR talent.  This could mean getting rid losers Beane and Sean,  neither guy understands offensive side of the ball or evaluating WR talent. Sean picked Zay Jones and Beane traded for Benjamin.

Terry and Kim need to look at decisions made by Beane and Sean and one if not both need to be fired after the season.

8 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Unfortunately we are going to have to hear this trash for the next X years.

How is it trash if it's true?

Yes, they took the wrong QB, many of us knew this on draft night, it's why so many Bills fans were pissed off (see the fan reaction from field house vid).  Now we have to listen to the Allen/McBeane apologists for at least ~1.5 more seasons, just like we had to listen to the EJ and Losman apologists...

This franchise remains lost in the woods, the new ownership hasn't changed anything, in fact they seem to be more misguided than the cheap & senile owner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

The big blue view?  ????

Couldn't find a credible source that loves Allen eh?

Not really... 

Yeah, really. Unless you want to complain like so many of you losers do. I have never been on a board as pathetic as this with so many whiners who only complain and don't bother to come up with answers. I feel for the moderators.

8 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Josh Allen sucked in The Mountain West. What do you think?  

You my friend have a brain. The blind followers make me sick. 

Lot of blind leading the blind... they don't like realistic threads like this. They don't want to think our front office, messed things up so early 

1 minute ago, BB@Shooter said:

Yeah, really. Unless you want to complain like so many of you losers do. I have never been on a board as pathetic as this with so many whiners who only complain and don't bother to come up with answers. I feel for the moderators.

Oh I have answers, been posting them all year. Just cause I haven't in this thread, doesn't mean I haven't at all bud

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Oh I have answers, been posting them all year. Just cause I haven't in this thread, doesn't mean I haven't at all bud

Those aren't answers. They are, Why did we draft Josh Allen threads.

1 minute ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Truth hurts 

So does reading whiny posts. And I always heard Buffof had great fans. You whiners ruin that theory.

33 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Those aren't answers. They are, Why did we draft Josh Allen threads.

So does reading whiny posts. And I always heard Buffof had great fans. You whiners ruin that theory.

Nobody is whining... you have some people on this board that decided to keep it straight, not sugar coat things & sell pie in the sky. 

Then you have have posters that....in all honesty...sound like McDermott, banging the table for Nathan Peterman....fans that's so blinded by blind faith, you almost feel sorry for them cause they believe so hard, they can't see the many wrongs this front office have done. Then when it finally hit them...they disappear, they're quiet for months...until they get another glimmer of hope...& it's back to the blind faith again. 

I love my Bills, always did, always will... & I use to be there... you know what happen... I turned 35 & everything in life seems much clearer. You grow up, & you decide not to be lied to anymore...with everyone & everything, including the Bills. The Bill's have to prove it....that's where I am... & right now, they haven't done ANYTHING for me to give them benefit of the doubt! 

We're a bad team, & so far, we're poorly managed too. It is what it is... eat the cake Anna Mae... 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

A team that has one win. You mean like the colts who beat us by over 30?

No, I do not. Because the colts have 2 wins and 2 is greater than 1. Also, I was not aware Josh Allen played during the colts game, I thought he was injured. What was his stat line? 

58 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

How is it trash if it's true?

Yes, they took the wrong QB, many of us knew this on draft night, it's why so many Bills fans were pissed off (see the fan reaction from field house vid).  Now we have to listen to the Allen/McBeane apologists for at least ~1.5 more seasons, just like we had to listen to the EJ and Losman apologists...

This franchise remains lost in the woods, the new ownership hasn't changed anything, in fact they seem to be more misguided than the cheap & senile owner.

Because, unless you have a time machine, revisionist history is pointless. Don’t come to me with a problem, come to me with a solution. Might as well start a “Brady is the best ever” thread and complain about how the Bills passed on him. Or how they didn’t give up enough to trade up and grab Big Ben. Or how they traded away the Mahomes pick. How they should have selected Russel Wilson. It’s a never ending black hole. It is not Buffalo Bills specific. You think Cleveland fans wouldn’t want to go back and select Wentz? You can come up with a thousand and one scenarios for each and every team in the nfl. 

On draft night I really wanted to hear "Rosen" instead of "Allen". 

With that said, it's pretty hilarious you are using this game as the example for why you think Rosen is better than Allen. Rosen struggled for 3 quarters before leading a  4th quarter comeback against one of the worst teams in the NFL. Allen did the same thing against a better opponent (Titans). 

Allen has what is probably the best game of any of the rookie QB's this year on the road against the Vikings. Based on how the other rookie QB's have played so far this year I'm actually starting to feel a lot better about Allen. 

14 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Or how they traded away the Mahomes pick.

There were plenty of people calling for drafting Mahomes, Rosen, yadda.  There were also a lot of fans who did NOT want them to draft Allen, yet they went ahead and did it. That seems to be forgotten in all of these discussions, so not sure how "revisionist" this topic is tbh.

4 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

There were plenty of people calling for drafting Mahomes, Rosen, yadda.  There were also a lot of fans who did NOT want them to draft Allen, yet they went ahead and did it. That seems to be forgotten in all of these discussions, so not sure how "revisionist" this topic is tbh.

Just seems like a bit of a waste to keep yourself down over something that has already happened. The Bills of now and the future will do plenty to do that for you. 

9 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Check back in 2021to see. 

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

And those answers are ? 

Which other QBs should we write off after 5 games ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

10 hours ago, KOKO NFL said:

Maybe you didn't watch him against an NFL defense last Thursday night at home against Denver.

I'll take out Josh thank you.  Let's see if the Bills had Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk instead of Kelvin "hands of stone" and pillsbery doughboy" Benjamin out their with Jay Jones maybe we would see a different Josh Allen. 

I think a win at Minnesota is a bit more telling then a late comeback against the "With the 1st pick in the 2019 draft", 49ers, don't you?

• Like (+1) 1