Josh Rosen leads dramatic comeback win. Did we take the wrong Josh?

KOKO NFL

Josh Rosen, the 'other' Josh, led a dramatic Arizona comeback today to pull out a win 18-15 against SF. (I watched the 4th Quarter because I am in a football pool and the game mattered). Down 15-3 in the 4th Quarter, JR was accurate and stayed poised, under duress, in the pocket. Dare I say, unlike the Bills' strong-armed, mobile, yet skiddish and inaccurate rookie, Josh Allen. 

Did the Bills take the wrong Josh? From the evidence I've seen to date... regrettably, yes.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Unfortunately we are going to have to hear this trash for the next X years. Over and done with. Rosen has looked far from a world beater this season and led a comeback win against the 49ers, a team that has one win. Both of Arizona’s wins have come against the 1 win 49ers. They are far from world beaters. Tell me when Rosen lights it up all game AND leads a come from behind win against a respectable defense. Also, if you combine Benjamin and Zay Jones, they couldn’t hold Larry Fitzgerald’s jock strap. 

• Like (+1) 5

Please give it a rest.  We drafted Allen.   We won't know which teams picked correctly and which team blew it for two or three years.  Why start these silly threads over and over?

Allen has won 2 of his 4 starts.  Has Rosen done any better? 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody knows definitively. But the homers here who couldn't pass a second grade spelling test and who will defend anything this joke of a franchise does will tell you no and that we drafted the greatest qb is the history of histories. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Nobody knows definitively. But the homers here who couldn't pass a second grade spelling test and who will defend anything this joke of a franchise does will tell you no and that we drafted the greatest qb is the history of histories. 

Or maybe just give it time before making that determination?

Josh Allen = high upside but raw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, KOKO NFL said:

Josh Rosen, the 'other' Josh, led a dramatic Arizona comeback today to pull out a win 18-15 against SF. (I watched the 4th Quarter because I am in a football pool and the game mattered). Down 15-3 in the 4th Quarter, JR was accurate and stayed poised, under duress, in the pocket. Dare I say, unlike the Bills' strong-armed, mobile, yet skiddish and inaccurate rookie, Josh Allen. 

Did the Bills take the wrong Josh? From the evidence I've seen to date... regrettably, yes.

Your evidence needs more evidence

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lets be real.

Even if Rosen succeeds and allen flops you’ll berate people about how rosen wouldn’t succeed here. 

And simultaneously do the same to anyone that questions coach or GM.

• Like (+1) 7

Why yes, that 12 point comeback against the world beater 49ers led by a backup named Beathard, definitely changes everything, especially all of the pick-6’s that highlighted Rosen’s previous outing and multiple beat downs. How has he separated himself again from the pack including Allen? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Lets be real.

Even if Rosen succeeds and allen flops you’ll berate people about how rosen wouldn’t succeed here. 

And simultaneously do the same to anyone that questions coach or GM.

Your right on that

Nobody is going to succeed with what we have at OL and WR.....nobody

Did you see Arizona's OL getting out and blocking on those screen passes today.....OUR OL CANNOT EXECUTE THOSE BLOCKS

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Your right on that

Nobody is going to succeed with what we have at OL and WR.....nobody

Did you see Arizona's OL getting out and blocking on those screen passes today.....OUR OL CANNOT EXECUTE THOSE BLOCKS

You must not be a fan of our coach and/or gm then, eh?

Just now, NoSaint said:

You must not be a fan of our coach and/or gm then, eh?

I am a fan of McDermott.....I feel like he is a young coach who knows how to get the most out of his players

Beane to me has a lot to prove still.......all roads now take us to this next offseason with 90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks......

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think you are right.  Allen looks really good at times.  I like his attitude.  But....  I wish he could have sat for a year behind Tyrod.  Although the fans would have had a meltdown.   Cause he isn't NFL worthy?  How did the other guy pan out.  That is the problem here.  Not Allen.  Not the decision to draft Allen. 

24 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I’m fairly confident I could pass at least a 3rd grade spelling test thank you very much! Also, I have no problem calling out this franchise for errors once all of the facts are in, but in this case, it is apparently the OP who has decided to render a verdict based on opening statements alone. I’m just curious where this thread was while Rosen was getting hit with the ugly stick one week prior? Point is, your 1st sentence is right. As for the rest of it, yes I remain optimistic about Allen because he blows the rest of his class away in terms of where his physicality could take him. If I’m proven wrong, I’ll own it then. In the meantime threads like these need to take a hike.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think you are right.  Allen looks really good at times.  I like his attitude.  But....  I wish he could have sat for a year behind Tyrod.  Although the fans would have had a meltdown.   Cause he isn't NFL worthy?  How did the other guy pan out.  That is the problem here.  Not Allen.  Not the decision to draft Allen. 

I think the problem is McD would not have been patient with Allen given how TT was maxed out in his potential and team were starting to really figure him out.....this carried over when he went to Cleveland......

So Josh would still have been starting too early.....he really does need a year holding the clipboard while the offense is rebiult.

But as they say....the train has left the station

26 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Why yes, that 12 point comeback against the world beater 49ers led by a backup named Beathard, definitely changes everything, especially all of the pick-6’s that highlighted Rosen’s previous outing and multiple beat downs. How has he separated himself again from the pack including Allen? 

Arizona's supporting cast on offense is equally inept as the Bills. So, the comeback against a so called poor opponent, and any observations drawn along the way are fair, if still a relatively small sample size. (e.g eight games in). What I observed today was that Josh Rosen was calm in the pocket when it mattered, was very accurate, and remained poised under duress. If he gets an offensive line and fills out a bit he's going to be very good. Josh Allen appears to have already filled out. Will he be calm in the pocket and develop accuracy? We shall see.

1 hour ago, KOKO NFL said:

I would say Yes!

But it's over & done with...& we have to live with the stupidity of this front office! Who chooses "high Character" over talent. Who believes in the wrong QB... so why should I believe they've picked the right one?

They don't have a plan...& nobody believes in their process anymore

17 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Nope we got the right Josh. Thanks for playing!

?

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yay. More “wrong Josh” threads. Haven’t seen one of those in a while. 

?

27 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

The insane asylum finally got a computer connected to the internet. That is what happened. 

Why cause your used to everyone being naive? The Bill's goofed it up...plain & simple bud. Our HC has issues...the front office doesn't have a good enough plan... & the plan/process in question...looks really bad

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Love the rationalization from the Bills apologists.

It's truly pathetic.

Love reading your constantly pessimistic posts. Pathetic is harping on a negative point you've made countless times on a team fan board and hoping for a different response. We have zero clue what Allen will become. He led the Bills to one impressive victory at Minneapolis and one comeback vs the Titans. He also looked extremely shaky in each of the other games. He's a rookie and none of the rookies had been consistently impressive. Arguing that point is, well, pointless. Go enjoy life or something. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Love reading your constantly pessimistic posts. Pathetic is harping on a negative point you've made countless times on a team fan board and hoping for a different response. We have zero clue what Allen will become. He led the Bills to one impressive victory at Minneapolis and one comeback vs the Titans. He also looked extremely shaky in each of the other games. He's a rookie and none of the rookies had been consistently impressive. Arguing that point is, well, pointless. Go enjoy life or something. 

Oh no sir....just listen to Fading talk about Allen....he i a bust right now and he has said so lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Rosen got it done. Period. Wins and losses we are talking about. He led his team to a W. Good for him. 

Got no problem with Rosen.......if he works out for Arizona great

but that really wasnt the premise of the OP....if was "did we take the wrong Josh"

In my opinion we did not....especially if the choices are Allen or Rosen......but....that is just my opinion and nobody really knows for sure yet.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with Rosen.......if he works out for Arizona great

but that really wasnt the premise of the OP....if was "did we take the wrong Josh"

In my opinion we did not....especially if the choices are Allen or Rosen......but....that is just my opinion and nobody really knows for sure yet.

I underatand that, but the point I was getting across is our Josh has led us to a couple of victories as well. Most likely would have been at least 3 before the injury and Peterman happened. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I underatand that, but the point I was getting across is our Josh has led us to a couple of victories as well. Most likely would have been at least 3 before the injury and Peterman happened. 

SIr I think those of us that are patient will be happy with our loyalty to Josh Allen......I think he is going to be a good one.

Management needs to do their part on improving the pieces around him......

• Like (+1) 2