Schefter: "If I had to guess on the biggest name that moves next week is LeSean McCoy"

DCOrange

I don’t want to trade McCoy but if the Bills already know they won’t have him back next year then whatever. I feel bad for the guy. If you are going to trade McCoy, please get a player back. Get a WR that can help us going forward or don’t bother. Another 3rd, 4th or worse does nothing for me here. The guy is our best player and will be our best player next year. I don’t care what the typical value is for him. If you can’t get a decent WR back for him, I wouldn’t even bother. I would like a player and a pick but we will probably get a 4th and act like it’s a good move. Trade a generational player and the best skill position player we have had in 25 years for a pick that will turn into a nobody 80% of the time. Real sensible.

2 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

If Jacksonville beats the Eagles tomorrow morning and the Eagles can't run the ball, I bet he is traded before MNF. Probably for a 4th rounder.

I don’t think McCoy will be moved before MNF if a trade does go down. The rare home MNF game, Thurman’s jersey retirement , Bergman in town etc. It would just be bad optics to start a fire sale before that game. 

17 hours ago, iinii said:

If Shady gets moved. McDermott will lose the locker room, or what may be left of it. He will send a very clear message they have little interest in winning.

If Shady gets moved it's because he approved it. That's why Philadelphia makes sense.

47 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want Shady here. What we get for him will end up being useless most likely and he can help us next year. Shady should be the face of this team for the next 2 years. Give the OC a clue that maybe he should use him. I’d give him 30 touches a game in this offense. We have nothing else. #keepshady

I am for keeping Shady as well but his touches should be limited.     If you want to get the best out of him he's probably best used as 15-18 touches per game.    That might even be ambitious given his injury history of late.   But in essence the kind of touches that KC gave Marcus Allen at the end of his career that extended his effectiveness well past where it should have been.  

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I want Shady here. What we get for him will end up being useless most likely and he can help us next year. Shady should be the face of this team for the next 2 years. Give the OC a clue that maybe he should use him. I’d give him 30 touches a game in this offense. We have nothing else. #keepshady

Why? For what reason? Is he going to be a part of a playoff push here? No. Trade him, play Ivory and Murphy the rest of the season, get a young back in the 3rd or 4th round next year and pick up a pick for McCoy. 

McCoy is wasted here right now. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am for keeping Shady as well but his touches should be limited.     If you want to get the best out of him he's probably best used as 15-18 touches per game.    That might even be ambitious given his injury history of late.   But in essence the kind of touches that KC gave Marcus Allen at the end of his career that extended his effectiveness well past where it should have been.  

This is so silly. Keep and make sure he doesn't contribute much instead of trading him for a decent pick. Good job. 

16 minutes ago, Tyrion said:

This is so silly. Keep and make sure he doesn't contribute much instead of trading him for a decent pick. Good job. 

No you are just being ignorant.........15-18 touches per game is 240-288 touches..........that's not "not contributing much".

Perspective:  workhorse Todd Gurley at age 23 had just under 23 touches per game last season.

Get realistic, kids.

The objective is to get more per-touch production and keep a playmaker healthy............if you haven't noticed he finished each of his 3 regular seasons as a Bill being carted off of the field.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No you are just being ignorant.........15-18 touches per game is 240-288 touches..........that's not "not contributing much".

Perspective:  workhorse Todd Gurley at age 23 had just under 23 touches per game last season.

Get realistic, kids.

The objective is to get more per-touch production and keep a playmaker healthy............if you haven't noticed he finished each of his 3 regular seasons as a Bill being carted off of the field.

To what end? Why keep Shady when we won't win many games anyway? This is a rebuild. Get rid of his contract and aging legs and get YOUNG

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Because everyone is crying that we have no talent so they want to trade any talent we have, and also make sure we don’t trade for any talent. It’s TSW science. 

Makes no sense when I see people calling for trades on the good players this team has. Just because they're in a rebuild doesn't mean they're going to get rid of every single veteran on the team. There are a number of veteran guys that are firmly locked in for their future plans and Hughes is one of them. DL is one of the groups that's rounding out into a really good unit. They've built that. Why remove a cornerstone of it? 

I dunno, I understand people get frustrated and wanna "blow it all up" but there is a plan in place despite things looking like chaos at the moment. Injuries and some underachievers have derailed things a bit but that stuff happens. Hitting "reset" in the middle of a reset just guarantees a longer time until they're competitive again. They finally decided to tear it all down and run a true rebuild, which so many have wanted, here we are halfway through the year and so many people wanna throw in the towel. 

Not gonna happen. Pegulas trust these guys and they all knew 2018 would be a rough one. But they've said they're mostly done with trimming the roster, now it's about adding to where they need to upgrade whether that's through trade, FA or the draft and developing things. Obviously they'll still sign and cut players as usual but I'm pretty sure they have their foundation and now they wanna start building the house. 

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Because everyone is crying that we have no talent so they want to trade any talent we have, and also make sure we don’t trade for any talent. It’s TSW science. 

Fact.
bird in the hand is better than two in the bush is not a valid concept here sometimes.

Bird in the hand is very nearly always better.
Greed is short sighted for the most part.

Just now, Tyrion said:

lol gtfo

:  )

1 hour ago, Tyrion said:

To what end? Why keep Shady when we won't win many games anyway? This is a rebuild. Get rid of his contract and aging legs and get YOUNG

It's a matchup league and Shady is a matchup winner who can create big plays.

Without matchup winners it's hard to judge the QB.

That's why you keep Shady.

Re-building or not is irrelevant..........passing on a 4th round pick is a pittance of a price to pay for an opportunity to help and evaluate your QB of the future.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a matchup league and Shady is a matchup winner who can create big plays.

Without matchup winners it's hard to judge the QB.

That's why you keep Shady.

Re-building or not is irrelevant..........passing on a 4th round pick is a pittance of a price to pay for an opportunity to help and evaluate your QB of the future.

And what if someone offers a 2nd? Or a Desean Jackson?

Edited by Tyrion

22 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The objective for the Bills is to acquire draft picks and have lots of cap space. The objective for other teams is to win.

ahhh, I get it...makes sense now

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm starting to come around......other teams try to win...we want draft picks and cap space.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:36 AM, Bill from NYC said:

While "success" is certainly subjective, those are extremely interesting numbers. It goes a long way (imo) to explaining the losing seasons we have suffered.

Thanks very much for this post.

That we should get as many first round picks as possible.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:28 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW

Pay up Howie 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Tyrion said:

Depends on the compensation....it makes no sense to just give him away

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

The objective for the Bills is to acquire draft picks and have lots of cap space. The objective for other teams is to win.

Its called a rebiuld.....I know you actually have not seen the bills do it....but this is what it looks like

8 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Fact.
bird in the hand is better than two in the bush is not a valid concept here sometimes.

Bird in the hand is very nearly always better.
Greed is short sighted for the most part.

:  )

You're talking to Mr Bird in hand here. We got another season next year. We need a good RB and DE.  Jerry and Shady are that.

And another thing. If you find yourself in a hole, stop diggin. Trading away these 2 guys for a possible maybe is digging with a backhoe IMHO.

7 hours ago, nucci said:

ahhh, I get it...makes sense now

I'm starting to come around......other teams try to win...we want draft picks and cap space.

We, unlike those silly teams that try to win, understand that the entire year revolves around the draft where winners are losers and losers are winners.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That we should get as many first round picks as possible.

Pay up Howie 

Yeah Howie. Shady for Foles heads up.  Not a fan of dumping Shady, but I would do that.

Edited by reddogblitz

17 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You're talking to Mr Bird in hand here. We got another season next year. We need a good RB and DE.  Jerry and Shady are that.

And another thing. If you find yourself in a hole, stop diggin. Trading away these 2 guys for a possible maybe is digging with a backhoe IMHO.

We, unlike those silly teams that try to win, understand that the entire year revolves around the draft where winners are losers and losers are winners.

Yeah Howie. Shady for Foles heads up.  Not a fan of dumping Shady, but I would do that.

Don't need Foles  , he wouldn't do any better here .

we need high round picks 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No, what your are really saying is you don't want Allen. Try being patient for more than 5 games. The other rookies aren't doing great either and it's going to take time.

No I'm NOT saying this.  I think we need another option on the roster in case Allen either gets injured or sucks or the other guy is just better. We don't have that now.  

I hope Josh turns out good, but there is at least a chance he won't  You always have to have a good contingency plan for everything.  Especially it you have any urgency in winning.

Edited by reddogblitz

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

No I'm NOT saying this.  I think we need another option on the roster in case Allen either gets injured or sucks or the other guy is just better. We don't have that now.  

I hope Josh turns out good, but there is at least a chance he won't  You always have to have a good contingency plan for everything.  Especially it you have any urgency in winning.

season is over, we just need to get as many assets for this offseason.