Schefter: "If I had to guess on the biggest name that moves next week is LeSean McCoy"

DCOrange

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

FWIW

I do it for just about any price above a 6th rounder. He is a 30 year old RB. You are a rebuilding team. You take what you can get and thank your lucky stars. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not me, that's too low.   I'd take that for Benjamin. 

Agreed.  At least a 3rd.  Need to be able to replace him with a potential starter.  A sixth rounder is probably no better than Robert Foster.  I'd be pissed if we traded Shady for a guy no better than Foster.

41 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not me, that's too low.   I'd take that for Benjamin. 

So you keep him around and let him walk for nothing? Why? This is a long term project team right? Passing on assets is short sighted

Just now, JM57 said:

So you keep him around and let him walk for nothing? Why? This is a long term project team right? Passing on assets is short sighted

He's under contract for 2019. Letting him go for a 6th round pick will not happen and it shouldn't. 

19 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Yo they meant no one cares about a running attack being the primary offensive focus/scheme. Every defense wants to stop the run, it's called playing defense. Regardless of what the BIlls have done, it's not how teams win in the NFL today. The run can be used effectively to win games in conjunction with a top passing attack, otherwise you'd see the niners, browns, panthers, and boys. Like it was stated, even the Rams with one of the most productive, if not best RB in the league, are currently 12th in rush yds.

If they way you win in the NFL is through the run - why does everyone draft a QB over a RB in the top 5? Outside of Barkley, Fournette, and Zeke, the last back taken in the top 5 was Trent Richardson in 2012...it's a pass first league at the moment, and the run helps aid the pass.

Yo, that's not what he meant.   Go back and re-read.   The poster clearly said no one cares about stopping the run.  He clearly said a relentless passing attack and scoring is all you need. 

It's a false statement. 

Go ask Peyton Manning about a relentless passing attack which can put up 40 a game means, when your defense is allowing teams to run and score all over you.  See if he feels the same way. 

That guy should have 4 rings minimum. But his team had a defense that couldn't  stop anyone. 

I'll reiterate once more, scoring points by any means, be it by an offense that rushes extremely well (which ours did under Rex Ryan, which lead to middle of the pack offense rankings) or by passing extremely well, coupled with a defense that can stop the run and force a team to be one dementional with passing, leads to wins the majority of the time. 

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's under contract for 2019. Letting him go for a 6th round pick will not happen and it shouldn't. 

I said higher than a 6th, so 5th or better. If you let Dareus go at a much younger age for that price, you have to do it with Shady too. 

Just now, JM57 said:

I said higher than a 6th, so 5th or better. If you let Dareus go at a much younger age for that price, you have to do it with Shady too. 

5th? Nope! That was a situation of behavioral and massive contract issues. Neither are the case with McCoy who is also one of the team's leaders.  Totally different scenario.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

5th? Nope! That was a situation of behavioral and massive contract issues. Neither are the case with McCoy who is also one of the team's leaders.  Totally different scenario.  

Age and position also have an effect on value. Again, McCoy is a THIRTY YEAR OLD RB. That gives him little to no value despite his name recognition and on field production

2 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Age and position also have an effect on value. Again, McCoy is a THIRTY YEAR OLD RB. That gives him little to no value despite his name recognition and on field production

Look, Philly is in desperate need right now and they surely aren't going to pay the king's ransom for Bell. We actually are in a nice spot with this, especially since the Browns already traded Hyde to Jax. Shady has been a great player here and a team leader. He's also under contract through the end of next year. You can keep talking about his age all you want, but he still looks like the same guy out there. Same lateral quickness, same hands, and the same burst. The only problem is there are no running lanes right now. There would be lanes all day in Philly and I wouldn't be surprised if he got 1,000 by the end of the year if he went back. Curtis Martin ran for almost 5,000 yards AFTER turning 30, including a 1,600 yard campaign at age 33. Frank Gore is still going at 35. There are exceptions to the rule. I wouldn't let Shady go for anything less than a 3rd if it were me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Says you. 

Says the league. Carlos Hyde is two years younger and he still only cost a 5th. Everyone knows after a certain age RB production is bound to fall off. That has an effect on value.

Just now, JM57 said:

Says the league. Carlos Hyde is two years younger and he still only cost a 5th. Everyone knows after a certain age RB production is bound to fall off. That has an effect on value.

The Browns were motivated to sell while the Bills aren't. You are misreading the situations again. 

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

Shady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carlos Hyde. Hyde couldn't hold McCoy's jock 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Shady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carlos Hyde. Hyde couldn't hold McCoy's jock 

Look Shady is a very good player. HOF career. But he's got a lot of factors working against him. Position. Age. Contract. His value is what it is. If he gets moved for a 3rd round pick it is because of a bidding war or the Eagles get desperate for a homecoming. That's just how it goes. RB is just not a hot commodity.

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Look Shady is a very good player. HOF career. But he's got a lot of factors working against him. Position. Age. Contract. His value is what it is. If he gets moved for a 3rd round pick it is because of a bidding war or the Eagles get desperate for a homecoming. That's just how it goes. RB is just not a hot commodity.

For a team in a division they can still easily win, who has a major hole at RB, and can have a guy who could easily get them 1200-1600 yards of productions with 10+ TD's over the next two seasons that he is under contract? That's worth a 3rd when you are just a year removed from riding a hot streak to a SB. It's not being desperate for a homecoming, it's trying to get back to the top. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Our OL is not good....I know that an arguement can be made that they are improving but it sure would help our running game AND a rookie QB if this OL was better.

It has to be a point of emphasis in the offseason.....and I dont understand why we are not playing Wyatt Teller

yes look at Mills in this shot. He has let himself be taken out of the play.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Shady is really the only player on offense worth a toot.
Like to watch Allen, he is developing though.

Shady can be exciting to watch. you never see quit.

He is like the Hughes of the Offense. Smart  and strong effort , regardless of the  defeating circumstances he is going against.
If he went back to philly. i would be cool with it for his sake

16 minutes ago, iinii said:

If Shady gets moved. McDermott will lose the locker room, or what may be left of it. He will send a very clear message they have little interest in winning.

are they not already there ?

EDIT

Miller the guard is on the ground and failing to move another player. down is done.
I guess i just expected to see 79.. 

Edited by 3rdand12

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m thinking it’s a 2nd and a player (Clement) for McCoy and a 4th (or something like that). The Bills don’t just want “a” pick back. It has to be a day 2 pick at the latest. They want something to turn into a starter or they won’t make the deal.

I'd sign up for that trade in a heartbeat.

I'd probably be fine going into next season with Ivory, Clement, Murphy, and a R4 pick battling for 3 roster spots 

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It feels reasonable right?

A trade of McCoy to Philly for Clement and a second would be a good deal for Buffalo. But I just don't see Philly giving up a second round pick for him. If the Bills were able to get a third and a player such as Clement or a developing player at another position I would take the deal. This is a deal that would serve each team's need and would also put McCoy in a good situation as his career winds down. 

Would this deal lose the locker room for McDermott? That is a legitimate risk. But the overriding issue is that this deal would in the not too distant future (next year) put us in a better situation. There is already a risk of losing the room because with McCoy or without him this season is going to be a tough year. When you take on a strategy of going full throttle with a rebuild you are inevitably going to take some immediate lumps. Adding to next year's our full complement of picks and with a large cap amount to work with the Bills should be in a good position to infuse this roster with more talent. As it stands with McCoy or without we will be in the same tough situation this year. 

This type of deal would be the right thing to do for the Bills and McCoy. 

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Eagles just lost their d end to injury so let’s trade shady and Hughes for a first but we have to take back salary as I’m sure the cap won’t work

Barnett? Even though a first rounder he was just playing in a rotation. McD’s wet dream. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, Iamkrgr said:

Hopefully McCoy comes back this week and plays well. Would be nice to get him a chance at a Superbowl. We'd at least get something for a RB we really have no use for this season. 

There is going to be another season next year and we're going to need a good RB.  Also, do we really need to create a new hole?

I don't think you lose the locker room when you're 2-5 and soon to be 2-6.  Players understand that a lost season means you make every move you can and build for the future.

I don't know what Philly is thinking right now.  Ajayi is a free agent after this season so trading for McCoy for the rest of this year and having him next year makes sense.  I think a deal gets done.