Sean McDermott cooked up the butt meat and Derek Anderson is serving it (deadspin)

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Love it. There are so many excuses being made for McDermott, it's scary. We are in a lot of trouble if this guy sticks around as the head coach. 

Yea we are. I think things are going to get ugly on Monday night, I hope the fans riot.

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Love it. There are so many excuses being made for McDermott, it's scary. We are in a lot of trouble if this guy sticks around as the head coach. 

Bet ya weren't saying that last December 31. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Bet ya weren't saying that last December 31. 

I had my qualms about McDermott last year as well, most notably with how incredibly conservative he is and the lack of imagination from our offense. I even said that although I enjoyed the moment...I thought last year's team was mediocre at best and that making the playoffs was a little flukey.

And guess what...the Bills agreed! That's why they stayed on the path of rebuilding, which I'm fine with and still agree with. I don't see the point of mediocrity. But it is possible to fail at rebuilding. I said from the beginning that I didn't even care about the record this year, and I still don't. I just wanted to see organizational progress. To see us going in the right direction. For example, I don't know if you follow basketball or not, but even though the Knicks are 1-3 I love what they're doing so far. They're competitive, they fight back, and you can tell the coaching even from just 1 offseason had a real plan with this group and it's paying off.

These games, even in a rebuild year, are precious for developmental reasons. We're throwing them away because of what Beane and McDermott have done, especially with the QB position. These guys thought, even after what Peterman did last year...that this guy was an answer as a starter! So much so that they let a possible competent backup go with no other safety net. And while knowing that they really didn't want to start Allen yet. And even after that, they had full faith in him as a primary backup, so they didn't bring anyone else in for weeks. And now they're so petrified of him that they brought in Derek Anderson off the street and started him, clearly before he had enough preparation time. And he's still here! There's still nobody else! 

The Bills philosophy on last year's team should be the exact same philosophy they apply to evaluating this coaching staff. They are not championship caliber, not even close. There's no point in being mediocre at best. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Great article. But wow! These guys running the Bills now are a complete disaster. I don't know how the Pegula's will turn this thing around.

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I had my qualms about McDermott last year as well, most notably with how incredibly conservative he is and the lack of imagination from our offense. I even said that although I enjoyed the moment...I thought last year's team was mediocre at best and that making the playoffs was a little flukey.

And guess what...the Bills agreed! That's why they stayed on the path of rebuilding, which I'm fine with and still agree with. I don't see the point of mediocrity. But it is possible to fail at rebuilding. I said from the beginning that I didn't even care about the record this year, and I still don't. I just wanted to see organizational progress. To see us going in the right direction. For example, I don't know if you follow basketball or not, but even though the Knicks are 1-3 I love what they're doing so far. They're competitive, they fight back, and you can tell the coaching even from just 1 offseason had a real plan with this group and it's paying off.

These games, even in a rebuild year, are precious for developmental reasons. We're throwing them away because of what Beane and McDermott have done, especially with the QB position. These guys thought, even after what Peterman did last year...that this guy was an answer as a starter! So much so that they let a possible competent backup go with no other safety net. And while knowing that they really didn't want to start Allen yet. And even after that, they had full faith in him as a primary backup, so they didn't bring anyone else in for weeks. And now they're so petrified of him that they brought in Derek Anderson off the street and started him, clearly before he had enough preparation time. And he's still here! There's still nobody else! 

The Bills philosophy on last year's team should be the exact same philosophy they apply to evaluating this coaching staff. They are not championship caliber, not even close. There's no point in being mediocre at best. 

Very well said sir. The level of ineptitude is frightening. And I've seen some ineptitude in my days.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Yea we are. I think things are going to get ugly on Monday night, I hope the fans riot.

I would be shocked if the stadium is half full...

Oh wait, people just go for the party, it'll be packed until the 2nd quarter.

Let’s see if we can figure it out: A year ago, Bills head coach Sean McDermott had a perfectly mediocre football team and a perfectly serviceable quarterback in Tyrod Taylor. He then alienated Taylor by benching him for Nathan Peterman mid-season in what amounted to a fit of pique. That move failed spectacularly and Taylor still managed to lead the Bills into the playoffs, but the team decided to rid itself of Taylor last offseason and stick with Peterman.

Holy crap is that hilarious. Somehow, despite all his failures, the national consensus is still that Taylor was some sort of franchise QB we tossed away.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, fridge said:

Holy crap is that hilarious. Somehow, despite all his failures, the national consensus is still that Taylor was some sort of franchise QB we tossed away.

No. He was a QB that did not throw multiple picks per game and could at least run the offense and not let games get out of hand. He limited turnovers and could use his legs to mask issues with the OL and lack of other weapons. He kept you in games if the Defense played well. If the Defense struggled it was going to be a long day. Not a franchise QB but a decent placeholder until you find one. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, fridge said:

Actually no one said he is a franchise. You guys who hate him make this crap up. He was an avg qb which would have been a huge security for this team. But continue your BS 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The Pegula's wanting the antithesis of Rex has backfired.

Put the pool table and video games back in the locker room Coach McClueless.  

Oh, hell no.  A loose and non winning culture was reported by players in that locker room over the last decades.  Rex then dialed it to 11.  Fumigation is now half complete.  Time to get serious here people.  Gosh.  Idiots!  ?

Edited by sleeby

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Actually no one said he is a franchise. You guys who hate him make this crap up. He was an avg qb which would have been a huge security for this team. But continue your BS 

? You got very defensive just then. I didn't realize 32nd ranked passing offenses were average.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, no name said:

Dabolls face speaks volumes. the guy looks like he doesn't even want to be there. I will say I was glad he was on the sideline rather than the booth. not that it made any difference.

done.jpg

It's like the worst version of Step Brothers imaginable.    No Will Farrel, no John C Riley.... just these two clowns making stupid faces while the scoreboard burns.......It's the Carolina ****ing wine mixer....in Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

No. He was a QB that did not throw multiple picks per game and could at least run the offense and not let games get out of hand. He limited turnovers and could use his legs to mask issues with the OL and lack of other weapons. He kept you in games if the Defense played well. If the Defense struggled it was going to be a long day. Not a franchise QB but a decent placeholder until you find one. 

Taylor only threw at guys when they were already open.  Since Benjamin doesn't go after the football, someone is going to have to convince me that Tyrod's limitation wouldn't have made Benjamin better for us.   

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

If fans riot over a football they need to get a life.  I'm not saying McD will work out buts its typical Bill's let's run everyone out of town and let me ask you this...with the past hirings your confident this organization will get anyone better?  They hired Rex Ryan.

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

If fans riot over a football they need to get a life.  I'm not saying McD will work out buts its typical Bill's let's run everyone out of town and let me ask you this...with the past hirings your confident this organization will get anyone better?  They hired Rex Ryan.

The team was competitive every week under Rex. A call here or a call there and they might have made the playoffs under him. Rex might have been a joke but McDermott is turning into an embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 4

I wonder how much Daboll asked about the QB position plans when he was interviewing. As in, would "Nate-Pete" be in competition to start at QB.  If the answer was yes, the better career move would have been to leave and never look back at Buffalo.

39 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The team was competitive every week under Rex. A call here or a call there and they might have made the playoffs under him. Rex might have been a joke but McDermott is turning into an embarrassment.

Lol omg everyone on here wanted this guy gone and was calling him a joke and a clown...and how he completely ruined a top 5 defense.  Then everyone laughed when he hired his own brother which did nothing.  And the whole a call here and a call there and we may have gone to the playoffs is stupid...that's football..we didnt make the playoffs under Rex that's a fact.  I'm not saying you have to like McD but you guys flip flop more then a bass on dry land.  

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fridge said:

“....serviceable quarterback in Tyrod Taylor....”

Words, they mean stuff.  The more you know.... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

These games, even in a rebuild year, are precious for developmental reasons. We're throwing them away because of what Beane and McDermott have done, especially with the QB position. These guys thought, even after what Peterman did last year...that this guy was an answer as a starter! So much so that they let a possible competent backup go with no other safety net. And while knowing that they really didn't want to start Allen yet.

The most depressing part about this whole QB business is we're making the exact same mistakes with Josh as we made with EJ.  Cut the incumbent starter. Bring in a vet.  Backup is an inexperienced project (if that).  Vet doesn't make it out of PS.  Bad OC/QB coach. Gotta start him cuz he's all we got.  sign some other schmucks after PS.  It's a dead ringer.  And we expect different results?  At least when they drafted EJ they drafted Woods the same year so he would have someone to throw to.  These geniuses didn't even do that.  We could have taken Ridley.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fridge said:

? You got very defensive just then. I didn't realize 32nd ranked passing offenses were average.

Contradicting BS is now being defensive ha?  Did you enjoy the playoffs. Or are you more a fan of this so called rebuild?  Right. 10 draft picks!!  That should do it! 

I'm not saying that every move these guys have made is the perfect move and I agree that they have handled the QB situation poorly this year.  But people are completely overreacting.  This is a a bad football team that was bad last year and had some breaks and snuck into a winning record and a playoff berth.  This year, it is even worse, as there is even less talent on the roster and the team knowingly moved on from a mediocre starting QB.  Anyone who thought differently is delusional.  They are intentionally getting rid of the dead weight, shedding bad contracts and building through the draft.  They drafted some potentially good players last year (Tre White and Milano, for example) and this year (Allen, Edmonds, Phillips, Johnson) and have 10 draft picks next year.  They are not "tanking" like the Sabres did, but they are trying to win with a totally depleted roster that was totally depleted by design.  Nobody told us to expect any suffering, but that's the reality and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I have not been to Buffalo in a few years.  I'm going to be in Buffalo next week and plan to pick up tickets to the game Monday night.  I fully expect us to get blown out, because we are a bad football team and New England is a very good football team that was in the Super Bowl last year and has been in the Super Bowl picture for the last several years.  It would be really preferable if there was not a riot.  I do hope there is a lot of noise and the house is rocking, as it has been on Monday nights in the past (when we also had a bad football team).  That would make for a fun evening, regardless of the outcome.  

The Giants are a bad football team.  The Cardinals are a very bad football team.  That doesn't make New York or Arizona a bad place or the people that live there bad people.  Nobody in those markets is talking about a riot.  The Bills are a bad football team, but Buffalo is a great town with great people.  The team will improve in the coming years and it will still be a great town with great people.  Please have some perspective.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

Contradicting BS is now being defensive ha?  Did you enjoy the playoffs. Or are you more a fan of this so called rebuild?  Right. 10 draft picks!!  That should do it! 

No, I literally hated the playoffs.  Flew in from LA and it was miserable.  If we had a QB we probably win that game.

• Like (+1) 3

This line cut the deepest:

"Jon Gruden has caught plenty of richly deserved ***** for his complete dismantling of the Raiders this season, but at least he got multiple first-round draft picks out of his bumbling. All McDermott has is two crappy young quarterbacks and an even crappier old one. He’s doing great work"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, fridge said:

No, I literally hated the playoffs.  Flew in from LA and it was miserable.  If we had a QB we probably win that game.

Well then enjoy the so called rebuild.  Most teams lose in the playoffs btw. Every year. We lost by 7. It was painful but a big step forward. Now I have to listen to how this crap is a step forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Well then enjoy the so called rebuild.  Most teams lose in the playoffs btw. Every year. We lost by 7. It was painful but a big step forward. Now I have to listen to how this crap is a step forward. 

What does any of that have to do with Tyrod sucking balls?