Sean McDermott cooked up the butt meat and Derek Anderson is serving it (deadspin)

On 10/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, BillsEnthusiast said:

Bet ya weren't saying that last December 31. 

Yeah before the mass exodus of talent without any plan in place to replace them. Good times

10 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

One of the major problems we've had as an organization is firing or otherwise losing our HC and/or GM every 2-3 years.  Since the mid-90s.

Each new regime comes in and cleans out the old for draft picks.  No organization can thrive with that kind of executive turnover.

Which is why I didn’t like getting rid of Whaley. He wasn’t that bad and brought in talent. Took risks. He built a playoff team, after all. 

10 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

One of the major problems we've had as an organization is firing or otherwise losing our HC and/or GM every 2-3 years.  Since the mid-90s.

Each new regime comes in and cleans out the old for draft picks.  No organization can thrive with that kind of executive turnover.

What has really been an issue is that the schemes have changed so dramatically with each coaching change. Just look at the defense. Attacking, 1-gap 4-3 with cover 2 (Schwartz) to a passive 2-gap 3-4 with man (Wrex) to an attacking 1-gap 4-3 with cover 3 (McD). The Pegulas need to decide who the Bills are going to be and stick with coaches who execute those basic philosophies with their own flavors. I can only hope that the Pegulas have figured that out. 

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

What has really been an issue is that the schemes have changed so dramatically with each coaching change. Just look at the defense. Attacking, 1-gap 4-3 with cover 2 (Schwartz) to a passive 2-gap 3-4 with man (Wrex) to an attacking 1-gap 4-3 with cover 3 (McD). The Pegulas need to decide who the Bills are going to be and stick with coaches who execute those basic philosophies with their own flavors. I can only hope that the Pegulas have figured that out. 

I think they have, and are going with McDermott, win or lose this year and next.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, fridge said:

Holy crap is that hilarious. Somehow, despite all his failures, the national consensus is still that Taylor was some sort of franchise QB we tossed away.

When people say "franchise quarterback" I never know quite what they mean.  The Deadspin quote you're responding to referred to Taylor as "perfectly serviceable", which considering his record and stats is arguably true especially compared to what we kept or brought in to replace him. 

Is "serviceable" what "franchise QB" means to you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a strange notion that if the Bills fired McD after the season these same people ready to run the dude out of town not even two seasons in will then become the very same people who disparage the organization for lack of continuity and burning through coaches.  McD might not be the answer in the end, but we don't know one way or the other after so short a time.   

On 10/25/2018 at 12:36 AM, major said:

Could be worse: Trump could be our owner and Omorasa our head coach #perspective 

#perspective... I'd rather have them just ruining my team than what they were doing.

#perspective, you're happy trump is ***** the country up. Thank God the Bills are being ran competently.... I guess?

What an awful post.