TNF: DEN vs. ARI at 8:20 PM ET on NFLN, FOX, and Amazon Prime Video - OC Mike McCoy Fired in the Aftermath; Byron Leftwich Takes Over

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

It's incomprehensible how difficult it is 

This is so true. 

In middle school I set up a game at a local park. I’ve always been tall. Currently I’m 6’6 245. Then I was probably 6’2, 185.  I’ve always played tight end. I decided to give QB a try. Again, this is when we were 14-16. Some of my buddies played varsity FB, sure. But when you have that ball in your hand, with that pressure to make a play? ***** crazy. I literally can’t imagine what a rookie QB goes through when he sees guys like Von staring at him. 

This probably explains why there are 96 of them out of 350 million people in the country. 

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ok funny story:

My Italian grandfather had an ancestry test done about a year ago at the age of 96. The test revealed that he was almost 50% Jewish. He passed away 2 months later.

All his life he absolutely mooned over my mother because my dad "was smart enough to pick himself a Jewish girl"...our family theory is that once he discovered that he was part Jewish he knew he could die in peace 

?

Glad you qualified that further because I was beginning to think that finding out he had Jewish blood is what killed him. 

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There has to be a Cardinals WR we can use. This team is worse then the browns were last year. Toss them a pick for a pass catcher here. They are going to need everything. That coach might get fired before a full year at this rate.

Fitzgerald has been hurt all year up until tonight's game. 

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Bills are going to have some serious competition for that first overall pick.  I think the Bills defense will make it difficult for them to prevail.

The Bills are going to end up picking in the 5-7 range.   Oakland, AZ, SF, NY Giants, DET,  Colts may all be worse than us. We have a playoff D. If the offense somehow comes around we will be picking 8-10.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

What has he said that should be disregarded? 

He was WAY over the top negative on Allen since week 2, and on a night when Rosen is going 8/17 for 60 yards and 2 pick6s in a half all he has to say about it is how bad Arizona's wideouts are...he has a script and he's sticking to it.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If anyone wanted to know how Jon Ledyard's unbiased view was looking

I generally just ignore the dipsh*t "expert analysis" of dorks like this, but this colossal sack of assh*les is right up there with Ben Albright. 

You can tell that some of these dudes want so badly to be part of the "insider" crowd that they'll say just about anything. And Ledyard will double down on every moronic thing he says. He'd argue that water isn't wet if it got his name out there. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nothing he said should be disregarded

It should be filed away and brought out next year when the bills put better players around Allen......but it is comical how its not Rosen being a rookie that makes the Cards bad but it is definately Allen being a raw rookie

I personally think Rosen is better then this....I think he is going to be a good pro.....but Ledlard needs to be careful about bagging on Allen......promoting another QB as the correct choice......then trying to use excuses on why that QB does not look like the better choice.

Its not about this year though with either of these guys...they are getting valuable experience.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe it's what he didn't say? I can't remember his tweets about Allen verbatim, but I don't recall him explaining away Allen's struggles because of a poor supporting cast. I remember something to the tune of, "yeah, Allen's supporting cast isn't the best, but he would suck anyway" or something to that effect. If I'm not remembering his Allen tweets correctly, I'd be happy to be corrected. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Nothing he said should be disregarded

It should be filed away and brought out next year when the bills put better players around Allen......but it is comical how its not Rosen being a rookie that makes the Cards bad but it is definately Allen being a raw rookie

I personally think Rosen is better then this....I think he is going to be a good pro.....but Ledlard needs to be careful about bagging on Allen......promoting another QB as the correct choice......then trying to use excuses on why that QB does not look like the better choice.

Its not about this year though with either of these guys...they are getting valuable experience.

What he pointed out is that Allen has a lot to improve upon and he does.  I hope he's back in the saddle soon.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Maybe it's what he didn't say? I can't remember his tweets about Allen verbatim, but I don't recall him explaining away Allen's struggles because of a poor supporting cast. I remember something to the tune of, "yeah, Allen's supporting cast isn't the best, but he would suck anyway" or something to that effect. If I'm not remembering his Allen tweets correctly, I'd be happy to be corrected. 

All of Allen's struggles can't be blamed on the supporting cast. Some of his struggles are on him and it's not just Ledyard who has pointed this out.  This includes both Daboll and McDermott.