Foster Drops Another

billsfan_34

17 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did you miss the diving grab last week and the TD catch in preseason?

I guess the expectation is he should be an all time great after 3 games.

Need to give him some jet sweeps and bubble screens. 

Did you miss Nathan Peterman's preseason performance?  I'm thinking he should start now.

The expectation is when you're open and the ball is placed perfectly...catch the ball.  It doesn't matter if you're a rookie....dropping passes when you're open isn't a rookie struggle.  

How much did you defend Zay Jones last year?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

If that were the case we would have dropped Eric Moulds by year 2, Jerry Rice would have been cut since he dropped everything his rookie season and the list goes on. Give these kids a shot before we toss them away, he's a rookie trying to find his way.

I dont remember Moulds dropping passes, I do recall he was pretty raw in his route running. Its a big difference- either you can catch or not.

43 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Did you miss the diving grab last week and the TD catch in preseason?

I guess the expectation is he should be an all time great after 3 games.

Need to give him some jet sweeps and bubble screens. 

agreed about using him in some creative ways, just hope he holds onto the football

nah I dont remember his diving grab last week, but I am happy he did, thats what WRs are supposed to do. Dont care 1 bit what he did or didnt do in meaningless games 

Ive watched balls hit his hands and he dropped them, he needs to start catching them. period. (he isn't the only one).

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Have to have safety help with Foster. It would be nuts to single cover him. At the very least he should open things up for other receivers.

Have to have safety help?  LOL.  Seems to me like every team in the league would be wise to put no one over top and just let him do his thing....not catch the ball.  He’s been better than any WR I can remember at that.  

If he can can learn to catch, teams will have to have safety help over top,  he’s got some potential, but those hands.....oh those hands,  ?

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Have to have safety help?  LOL.  Seems to me like every team in the league would be wise to put no one over top and just let him do his thing....not catch the ball.  He’s been better than any WR I can remember at that.  

If he can can learn to catch, teams will have to have safety help over top,  he’s got some potential, but those hands.....oh those hands,  ?

That would be great if teams let him run wild.

Just now, Lurker said:

Zay Jones must have taken him under his wing and said "...Hey kid.  Let me teach you everything I know about catching the ball in the NFL..."

As well as KB and Clay.  

Im really starting to detest KBum.  He’s embarrassing.  #1 WR lol.

18 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Name a WR that never dropped a pass.

The Foster drop was legendary, right up there only behind Steve Johnson's Jet drop and Steeler OT.

I think Foster has highly limited cognitive ability, he cant track a ball, run and catch all at the same time.  Doubt he is very smart, that is why he went to "college" at Alabama, went in dumb come out dumb to but boy can they play football?

23 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The Foster drop was legendary, right up there only behind Steve Johnson's Jet drop and Steeler OT.

I think Foster has highly limited cognitive ability, he cant track a ball, run and catch all at the same time.  Doubt he is very smart, that is why he went to "college" at Alabama, went in dumb come out dumb to but boy can they play football?

This is a football site. If you want to talk about college academics, here is a good site for you.

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-alabama

Edited by Sky Diver

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every WR drops passes. I saw Goodwin at TC every year and he never struggled to track a deep ball . 

Foster struggled when the pads came on at TC to track a deep ball and he struggled in PS and he still can’t pull it in and track it quite right 

I hope he improves 

Goodwin was very good at a lot of WR qualities. Very good at tracking as you say and adjusting his speed. Very willing and able blocker. Good hands. Ran decent patterns. He was never just a track guy. People just assumed that without watching I guess. One could argue that his simultaneous track stuff retarded his NFL development to a degree. But he always had WR skills, even in college. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you miss Nathan Peterman's preseason performance?  I'm thinking he should start now.

The expectation is when you're open and the ball is placed perfectly...catch the ball.  It doesn't matter if you're a rookie....dropping passes when you're open isn't a rookie struggle.  

How much did you defend Zay Jones last year?

I defended Jones a ton last year and so I feel ok doing the same w/ Foster this year. Wideout is a tough position to adjust from college to pros.

It's also a lot easier to defend a UDFA who apparently can't catch than a 2nd rounder who apparently can't catch. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I defended Jones a ton last year and so I feel ok doing the same w/ Foster this year. Wideout is a tough position to adjust from college to pros.

It's also a lot easier to defend a UDFA who apparently can't catch than a 2nd rounder who apparently can't catch. 

About 25 - 30% of the league is UDFAs.

Whether you all like it or not, Foster is going to continue to be utilized in this offense.  Having a QB like Allen who can throw the deep ball necessitates having a burner like Foster, because it opens everything up. 

Yes, it would be ideal if the guy didn't have stone hands, but a player like him is a necessity.  Forces the defense to play honest and cover the whole field

20 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Including preseason, this was about his 4th or 5th similar drop or mistake that led to an incompletion on what would have been a big play.

The benefit of airing it out isn't just the 1 in 5 chance it is completed.   Bombs loosed up the defense, drop the safeties and open up the middle.

Same way reverses keep the Defensive Ends at home rather than gaining big yards   

37 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

Whether you all like it or not, Foster is going to continue to be utilized in this offense.  Having a QB like Allen who can throw the deep ball necessitates having a burner like Foster, because it opens everything up. 

Yes, it would be ideal if the guy didn't have stone hands, but a player like him is a necessity.  Forces the defense to play honest and cover the whole field

This post is 100% spot on and at some point Foster is going to make a mistake and actually catch the ball.  Worked for KB yesterday.

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Foster and Benj big targets but no hands.

Zay and Clay can stay n play. 

Work in Khari Lee and Ray Ray, 

Weve got room for Croom

Not doom

And Gloom

I remember when receivers got three years to develop.  I guess that doesn't exist anymore.

1 minute ago, buffalostu2 said:

I remember when receivers got three years to develop.  I guess that doesn't exist anymore.

While I can generally agree with your point the Bills have only 5 WRs on the roster.

With Foster not a special teams guy he has to produce something.

I'm not trashing the guy but he does need to catch long balls that hit in in the hands.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Goodwin was very good at a lot of WR qualities. Very good at tracking as you say and adjusting his speed. Very willing and able blocker. Good hands. Ran decent patterns. He was never just a track guy. People just assumed that without watching I guess. One could argue that his simultaneous track stuff retarded his NFL development to a degree. But he always had WR skills, even in college. 

Goodwin's problems were all of the "availability" nature.   Seemed like he was always nursing some injury, perhaps from being undersized and so finely-tuned for his track pursuits...