MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

On one hand we have Darnold, the QB the Jets leapfrogged us to draft. On the other hand we have Belichik's boy. I was having trouble deciding how I want this game to end. Then it occurred to me, the best way for this game to end is with a meteor hitting Boston. Incidentally, that's also how I would like my breakfast tomorrow to end, my evening commute can end that way, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

She does that 70s rock dj voice, and I end up wondering why she's doing a rock dj voice decades after it went out of style. 

I don’t like her voice but the content isn’t bad. She sees things better and doesn’t get confused/things wrong nearly as often as most play by play guys.

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Pretty hilarious start to the game, but the kid has really stormed back and played well so far...he throws those intermediate and passes in the flat very well. 

....anyone know why football fields have those rubber pellets? 

Traction. 

Darnold has run the gamut. Absolutely horrible to very nice. Rookie mistakes and taking unnecessary sacks to nice avoidance of rush. He's going to be pretty good if he's not a turnover machine, which is very possible. 

Was/am watching something else tonight, and I just flipped to ESPN between commercials to watch a few plays of this game.

Question: Did ESPN have a contest for their viewers where the winning prize was you get to be the play-by-play person, or the color person for the opening MNF game? Sure sounds like it.