Lawson should be moved to DT

Is this because the idiot on wgr right now is saying he should be an inside rusher? 

One idiot makes a comment and idiots everywhere have no mind for themselves and believe what they hear in the media. 

Gotta love it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

Seems like a much better fit for his skill set and with another offseason he can put on the needed weight 

I believe he had 4 sacks last year from the outside and he was playing injured.In addition,after last night,I highly doubt Washington is going anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He played inside on passing downs at Clemson and was effective. He has been doing that here this offseason as well. We will see him kick inside on passing downs.

Yep. Very much hoping that Trent Murphy is healthy, but Lawson is fine for a second string DE on run downs who moves inside on passing downs. That's a fairly valuable player. He doesn't ever look like he's going to be a solid pass rusher but he has shown a knack for knocking balls down and his speed and hustle on that 25 or so yard run against the Bengals was pretty amazing. We wanted and expect more from a #1 pick obviously. But he's a role decent player as is and there is no reason to release him. 

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He played inside on passing downs at Clemson and was effective. He has been doing that here this offseason as well. We will see him kick inside on passing downs.

That's exactly how I thought it was going to go down last year but not as much.

I thought we'd have Alexander and Hughes rushing on the outside, slide Shaq in the middle.  

3rd and 7+ Murphy, Shaq, Phillips and Hughes?  You would think that could bring at least decent pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see too many plays for Lawson though moving inside. One of the very best things that could happen to the Bills defense this year is if Star can move the pile 2-3 yards back into the QB on passing downs. So Hughes and Murphy and Alexander can get sacks instead of the opposing QB having those extra yards to step up into a huge pocket. That was one of our biggest problems. We want Star in there as much on passing downs as running downs. Granted, he is not going to play the entire game. But with Kyle back later and Phillips a little not sure how many snaps Lawson would get inside. Surely some. But Star is a key and maybe the key to this defense this year. 

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

Seems like a much better fit for his skill set and with another offseason he can put on the needed weight 

He doesn't have the bulk for that.

But he doesn't have the speed and quickness to play on the outside.

I.E., he just can't play.

32 minutes ago, mrags said:

Is this because the idiot on wgr right now is saying he should be an inside rusher? 

One idiot makes a comment and idiots everywhere have no mind for themselves and believe what they hear in the media. 

Gotta love it. 

He is actually can be an inside rusher on third down, or at least I think I saw that package in the past few weeks.

rotational guy, trade bait if anyone wants and ride out until rookie deal is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He is actually can be an inside rusher on third down, or at least I think I saw that package in the past few weeks.

rotational guy, trade bait if anyone wants and ride out until rookie deal is over. 

Just because he has done it or can do it doesn’t mean he should. 

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's exactly how I thought it was going to go down last year but not as much.

I thought we'd have Alexander and Hughes rushing on the outside, slide Shaq in the middle.  

3rd and 7+ Murphy, Shaq, Phillips and Hughes?  You would think that could bring at least decent pressure.

That’s an option with Lorax as well. They need to find a way to get some pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

I hated the pick when we made it because he was slow in college, and didn't play with the kind of fierce tenacity you like to see out of a premier de. Unless something changes and he becomes unlockable, I don't see him becoming anything more than a bottom of the rotation player on bad football teams.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok- so please let Leslie know. 

Yeah. You too. 

Glad you took time out of your busy day to tell everyone here on a message board what your takes are. 

Please, we’d rather you start gameplanning for Baltimore, get back to work. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Lawson should be moved to another team. 

Another horrible pick by Doug Whaley. 

Why so we can see him flourish on another team that knows how to use his talents? 

Our front 7 barely has NFL level talent and you want to get rid of players. nice 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. You too. 

Glad you took time out of your busy day to tell everyone here on a message board what your takes are. 

Please, we’d rather you start gameplanning for Baltimore, get back to work. 

Already on it. I’m thinking more cover-3 zone than man.  You? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Esp. when Mack is here and bringing pressure from the outside!!!

6 hours ago, BakersBills said:

Not that ridiculous. Not sure why people are dumping on the idea. Think it’s just because most are simply fed up with Shaq and want him gone.

7 hours ago, BakersBills said:

This is a decent idea.  In college most of his sacks came by overpowering the tackles, as opposed to speed.  He’s just not fast enough to get pressure on the QB from the edge.

Considering he plays the runs fairly decent and his best move to the QB is bull rushing, it might not be a bad idea to move him inside.

Of course, for this to happen Trent Murphy needs to be the 3 down DE the coaching staff envisioned him to be when they signed him to a fat contract.