Bills @ Browns Gameday thread

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Not to rain on the parade, but I keep wondering how Allen would’ve done against Cleveland’s starting D. They’re nasty. 

Love the progress he’s making and potential he’s showing... but I need to see him against a starting D soon.

Game 3 is the time to do it.

He should start.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen's ability to extend plays hides some of the OL's protection deficiencies.  The horrible OL that we feared showed up in this game.  I know Teller is not going up against starters but man, Ducasse is just soo bad.  I'd like to see Teller get some snaps with the first team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’d just like to put this out there. I was a HUGE Rosen guy. I’m teally impressed by what Allen is doing right now. I get that it’s the Browns second team, but he looks even better than he did against the Panthers third team. 

He seems poised, always looking for the bigger play, and dare I say it... more accurate than advertised??

Welcome to Allentown?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

McD give him the entire 3rd. Commit to his reps and get Josh ready for week 1. 

Absolutely no reason to not let him play the rest of the game. Peterman isn’t going to be #3. This should be the game where we know AJ holds a clipboard at best and maybe, just maybe, Allen starts. 

so annoying when I hear announcers say "Tyrod led the Bills to end their playoff drought" 

no he didn't. he certianly had a part to play in it, but the defense, Shady, and Andy Dalton had far more to do with us getting into the playoffs 

If Mccoy doesn't win us that game vs the colts there isn't even talk about playoffs 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Not to rain on the parade, but I keep wondering how Allen would’ve done against Cleveland’s starting D. They’re nasty. 

Love the progress he’s making and potential he’s showing... but I need to see him against a starting D soon.

Why wonder? Second game ever. He looks better than he did against Panthers third team which means he’s learning and getting better. 

He being smart, and far more accurate than advertised. Should only get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d just like to put this out there. I was a HUGE Rosen guy. I’m teally impressed by what Allen is doing right now. I get that it’s the Browns second team, but he looks even better than he did against the Panthers third team. 

He seems poised, always looking for the bigger play, and dare I say it... more accurate than advertised??

Last week 3rd string vs 3rd string -  Allen played well

Today 2nd string vs 2nd string - Allen played well

Next Week  Starters vs Starters -  Allen will get his chance

• Like (+1) 1

With a second team O-line. Let’s not forget that. 

And the #1 overall pick is being ruined by a **** defenses second string. (That’s our team). 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Yeezus said:

so annoying when I hear announcers say "Tyrod led the Bills to end their playoff drought" 

no he didn't. he certianly had a part to play in it, but the defense, Shady, and Andy Dalton had far more to do with us getting into the playoffs 

If Mccoy doesn't win us that game vs the colts there isn't even talk about playoffs 

I’m fine with Tyrod now, it’s like walking by the ex gf with a new better looking chick on your arm. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

Tyrod is a great person, but the above is so so true.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, mayfield had all day. 

Charles has to make that catch, but hey, I ain’t complaining! 

And damn, 0 for 6 on 3rd downs for Cleveland. 

Buffalo has been playing much better since the first quarter. I think the Browns maybe caught them off guard with how hard they came out swinging. 

Their run game was awful last week though. It’s like they wanted to come out and prove a point. 

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

Last week 3rd string vs 3rd string -  Allen played well

Today 2nd string vs 2nd string - Allen played well

Next Week  Starters vs Starters -  Allen will get his chance

Our first team o-line was in, made a HUGE difference in protection. Just saying...

• Like (+1) 1

Just an observation during the commercial break: compared to past "future franchise QBs", Allen makes it easy to believe in. With some (all) of the others there were many times when you had to invent hope while analyzing/justifying their play come game day. Regardless of what people feel about Allen being capable of becoming "great", it's real easy to find reasons to believe in his chances. 

Not sure if that translates to anything substantial in terms of prognosticating his future, but it sure is a nice change of pace. 

START THE KID! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

Browns whole organization is built on peddling false hope. When you’ve had the clown show they’ve had at QB, Tyrod looks like water in the desert. 

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tasker called a bad game last week too...i 'm surprised he does regional games for CBS.He sure has slipped...

He was never good. He's a good sideline guy, but that's about it. He's brutal on one bills live 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Why wonder? Second game ever. He looks better than he did against Panthers third team which means he’s learning and getting better. 

He being smart, and far more accurate than advertised. Should only get better. 

He outplayed Taylors 5 drives with 2 drives. 

Went up against majority of First team D too .