Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

The bills only have 11 million in cap space mack counts 13 million against the cap Jerry Hughes counts 10 million against the cap that doesn't free enough up for Oakland trent Murphy counts 5 million against the cap so maybe more likely also could be multiple team trade if the bills need to clear cap space now in order to give Mack a new contract this year which is what he wants then Jerry Hughes gotta go probably to a third party 

The second part of the OP's question about an extension is fine with me considering how much room the Bills will have in Cap space beginning next year. The issue is the 1st round pick. I know the Raiders want a significant return, but they're not in as much of a bargaining position as some may think. Mack has already shown he's willing to sit for at least the pre-season and with a new coach, that's important. Second, he's in his final year of his Rookie contract and according to Spotrac he's due over $13 million this year. That's a big nut to swallow for the Bills and an even bigger one for the Raiders if Mack shows up late or holds out all the way up to the regular season simply because he won't be ready for at least a few weeks, but they'd still have to pay him.  Additionally, Mack will be 28 years old in 2019, meaning while he's still young enough to be great for years, it's not like he's going to be 26 where a 5 year deal puts him just over the 30 year old benchmark. That means, with new HC Gruden, there may be some reluctance to making that kind of commitment. 

Raiders' salary Cap situation isn't great, but with the Bills they could front-load that contract for the next three years and be out of the woods just after he turns 30, making it easier to move on from him if his play declines or if he suddenly becomes injury prone. All of that said, I don't see how the Raiders trade Mack unless his demands are astronomical or he simply refuses to play for them. 

4 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

The bills only have 11 million in cap space mack counts 13 million against the cap Jerry Hughes counts 10 million against the cap that doesn't free enough up for Oakland trent Murphy counts 5 million against the cap so maybe more likely also could be multiple team trade if the bills need to clear cap space now in order to give Mack a new contract this year which is what he wants then Jerry Hughes gotta go probably to a third party 

Dear God - PUNCTUATE!

I'm thinking Shaq gets moved for a 6th/conditional 5th.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Dear God - PUNCTUATE!

I'm thinking Shaq gets moved for a 6th/conditional 5th.

That would be pretty close to the stupidity level of Cleveland trading Coleman for a 7th. 

That 3rd team probably green bay coach our old defensive coordinator Mike petine is now in green bay Jerry Hughes had a great year in his defense probably getting a second rounder for him packaging that with next years 1st and player or players for mack probably working out extension for mack now 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Mack is a legit DPOY candidate this year. What percentage of top 10 draft picks can you say that about? If we could get him for just a 1st rounder and Hughes it's a no brainer (realistically it will cost more than that). I value draft picks as much as anyone but he is one of the best players in the entire league. You don't necessarily expect to draft a player of that caliber even with a top 5 pick.

I totally agree, but you need to read my whole post.

Is Mack worth a 1st Round Pick?  Absolutely.

But it's not JUST the 1st Round Pick.  It's also the $20 million per year salary that he's looking for, which could easily be used on anywhere from 2-4 additional starting players.

When you are in rebuilding mode, I'm not sure you can justify paying one player (outside of the QB) that much.  Would you rather have Mack and a bunch of bums?  Or would you rather have 4-5 solid starters all over the defense?  Teams like New England have proven it's better to have a deep/balanced roster - because it allows more flexibility in game-planning and makes it easier to handle injuries.

29 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

The second part of the OP's question about an extension is fine with me considering how much room the Bills will have in Cap space beginning next year. The issue is the 1st round pick. I know the Raiders want a significant return, but they're not in as much of a bargaining position as some may think. Mack has already shown he's willing to sit for at least the pre-season and with a new coach, that's important. Second, he's in his final year of his Rookie contract and according to Spotrac he's due over $13 million this year. That's a big nut to swallow for the Bills and an even bigger one for the Raiders if Mack shows up late or holds out all the way up to the regular season simply because he won't be ready for at least a few weeks, but they'd still have to pay him.  Additionally, Mack will be 28 years old in 2019, meaning while he's still young enough to be great for years, it's not like he's going to be 26 where a 5 year deal puts him just over the 30 year old benchmark. That means, with new HC Gruden, there may be some reluctance to making that kind of commitment. 

Raiders' salary Cap situation isn't great, but with the Bills they could front-load that contract for the next three years and be out of the woods just after he turns 30, making it easier to move on from him if his play declines or if he suddenly becomes injury prone. All of that said, I don't see how the Raiders trade Mack unless his demands are astronomical or he simply refuses to play for them. 

That’s the problem. He wants his contract structured in a way that it limits his CA taxes and he gets the bulk of his money once the team moves to Vegas. 

49 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I knew the story had merit on Tuesday when bill polian talked about the mack situation it sounded like he was talking directly to Terry pegula hinting that he needs to be patient just looking at the Oakland raiders salary cap tells me there's merit to the hype 

33 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

19 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

That 3rd team probably green bay coach our old defensive coordinator Mike petine is now in green bay Jerry Hughes had a great year in his defense probably getting a second rounder for him packaging that with next years 1st and player or players for mack probably working out extension for mack now 

Whoa Nelly! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

I am going to be interested to see if any starters play an extended amount of time tonight. If you remember Sammy Watkins caught 4 passes in the first preseason game against the Vikings last year and was traded over that weekend. 

52 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Both teams could easily do the trade.   The Raiders have more than enough cap space to give Mack the extension once they release Donald Penn, they can easily afford Hughes in the same scenario.

I honestly have no clue why the Raiders seem intent on alienating their best player by letting him hold out.  They are stupid not to pay him this second. 

Edited by thenorthremembers

53 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

I would love to have Mack,,,but if we get rid of Hughes, Murphy, and Shaq, who is starting at the other DE spot (Yarbrough?), And who is going to back them up? Our D-line runs in waves. That would be ok for the future, but we could be in trouble this season if we let all of those guys go. 

And are we even certain Astro's tweet is about Mack at this point? 

26 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Both teams could easily do the trade.   The Raiders have more than enough cap space to give Mack the extension once they release Donald Penn, they can easily afford Hughes in the same scenario.

I honestly have no clue why the Raiders seem intent on alienating their best player by letting him hold out.  They are stupid not to pay him this second. 

Gruden wants to announce his presence with authority also likes ardarn key 

2 minutes ago, folz said:

I would love to have Mack,,,but if we get rid of Hughes, Murphy, and Shaq, who is starting at the other DE spot (Yarbrough?), And who is going to back them up? Our D-line runs in waves. That would be ok for the future, but we could be in trouble this season if we let all of those guys go. 

And are we even certain Astro's tweet is about Mack at this point? 

Of course not - No one knows what the tweet is about. We are just having fun speculating.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Mack is "more likely a 3-4 guy?"  Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Raiders been running a 4-3 defense for the last several years, including the year Mack won DPOY?

I think he can play in either scheme. He’d be labeled as a DE in the bills scheme if I’m not mistaken. 

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Mack is "more likely a 3-4 guy?"  Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Raiders been running a 4-3 defense for the last several years, including the year Mack won DPOY?

Mack could easily play DE in McDermott's defense.   But this is all for naught. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What does he mean Van Nuys which is the Rams?  Their training camp is in Irvine which is like 60-70 miles away.

The stadium is in south central area of Los Angeles....not very close to Van Nuys.

The Rams have been in MD practicing with the Ravens.

This is an automated response. 

This topic is already being discussed in another thread. Please use the search function before creating a new topic and stop killing the ridiculously long threads about probably nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

a definite possibility there's a chance something might happen and it could be anyone...

Thanks! I feel better now that you cleared that up. 

.....and now we wait....possibly forever......possibly for nothing...

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, whatdrought said:

Benjamin drops it and tears an ACL. 

Cam cries and refuses questions. 

So, this Astro used to be a poster on here right? 

Is he reliable/one to be taken seriously? 

Yea he was on here and was actually very reliable.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Rams have been in MD practicing with the Ravens.

Doesnt necessarily mean their front office people were there.  However, to the original point the closest training camps to Van Nuys are Oxnard (Dallas) and Irvine (Rams) both of which are an hour away.

So who knows.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What does he mean Van Nuys which is the Rams?  Their training camp is in Irvine which is like 60-70 miles away.

The stadium is in south central area of Los Angeles....not very close to Van Nuys.

Van Nuys is where private planes fly into, rather than the much busier LAX. That could be the connection. Maybe someone is just extrapolating of some Flight Aware data.