Interesting Astro Tweet re: Beane

12 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Mack is "more likely a 3-4 guy?"  Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't the Raiders been running a 4-3 defense for the last several years, including the year Mack won DPOY?

Mack made All Pro as both a DE and LB.  I think he's played both 4-3 and 3-4 with the Raiders.

Just now, uncle flap said:

Van Nuys is where private planes fly into, rather than the much busier LAX. That could be the connection. Maybe someone is just extrapolating of some Flight Aware data.

Okay....this makes sense.  I do remember now Van Nuys having a smaller airport.

It's been 10 years since I lived in LA.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Doesnt necessarily mean their front office people were there.  However, to the original point the closest training camps to Van Nuys are Oxnard (Dallas) and Irvine (Rams) both of which are an hour away.

So who knows.

Much ado about nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't want to judge a guy I don't know, but it seems like the latest tweet may be aimed at moving the speculation on to Aaron Donald as the Mack well is running dry.

He never made any specific predictions/speculations.  The Mack to Buffalo thing came from here.  Folks speculating about who he might be talking about.

This whole thing started with his “Beane’s not done” tweet.  That’s it.  Us crazies have created this monster.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't want to judge a guy I don't know, but it seems like the latest tweet may be aimed at moving the speculation on to Aaron Donald as the Mack well is running dry.

Interestingly, he never speculated on who it was. This is the first tweet he has even mentioned where the Bills guy flew into, and even mentioning the names of Mack and Donald. The only other speculation on those names came from here, not Astro.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He never made any specific predictions/speculations.  The Mack to Buffalo thing came from here.  Folks speculating about who he might be talking about.

This whole thing started with his “Beane’s not done” tweet.  That’s it.  Us crazies have created this monster.

That's a good point.   He really didnt specify names, we all just kind of ran with it. 

The vague tweet stuff is something I find a little off putting, but if I had the information I may do the same thing. 

I mean, I can understand if there's interest in a player like Mack or Donald, they're both franchise players, but as it is right now, Buffalo's DL isn't too shabby. Unless, maybe, Murphy's injuries are worse than they thought? Maybe they're working on bringing one of those dudes in and then shipping Murphy away? Seems odd to do that but I dunno, just spitballin' here. Trade Hughes? Does a trade leave them with dead cap space? Because if so, Hughes dead cap number this year is $6.8 million, as opposed to $2.9 million next year, according to Spotrac. So that would kinda lead me to believe they'd wanna move him next season since the cap hit would be less. Same with Shaq Lawson. 

Of course, they don't necessarily have to move a DL for a DL, teams could be interested in other players... but... DL is really the only spot on the Bills where they have some depth and talent right now so I have no idea who else teams may be looking at.

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I mean, I can understand if there's interest in a player like Mack or Donald, they're both franchise players, but as it is right now, Buffalo's DL isn't too shabby. Unless, maybe, Murphy's injuries are worse than they thought? Maybe they're working on bringing one of those dudes in and then shipping Murphy away? Seems odd to do that but I dunno, just spitballin' here. Trade Hughes? Does a trade leave them with dead cap space? Because if so, Hughes dead cap number this year is $6.8 million, as opposed to $2.9 million next year, according to Spotrac. So that would kinda lead me to believe they'd wanna move him next season since the cap hit would be less. Same with Shaq Lawson. 

Of course, they don't necessarily have to move a DL for a DL, teams could be interested in other players... but... DL is really the only spot on the Bills where they have some depth and talent right now so I have no idea who else teams may be looking at.

The dead cap is only 6.8 if he is released.  The dead cap for a post June 1st cut is 2.9 this year, and 2.9 next.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Still got nothing.

Image result for connect the dots gif

If you could somehow get a little picture of Gruden, Beane, McDermott, Hughes, Aaron Donald, Tremaine Edmunds, Zay Jones, Corey Coleman and Kim Pegula in each of those dots it might work better. Helps you visualize. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Did you have any real expectations with nothing from the onset?

Here is the thing. I use the Bills and football in general as a form of entertainment. Am I allowing myself to be entertained at the idea of the Bills making a big move? Yes. Do I have expectations? Nah. Thanks for asking!

Just now, Juice_32 said:

Here is the thing. I use the Bills and football in general as a form of entertainment. Am I allowing myself to be entertained at the idea of the Bills making a big move? Yes. Do I have expectations? Nah. Thanks for asking!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I honestly have no clue why the Raiders seem intent on alienating their best player by letting him hold out.  They are stupid not to pay him this second. 

That's one of the few things that gives me any hope this trade could actually happen. The Raiders have always been such a wildcard of a franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, Does him saying "don't @ me" mean that he's distancing himself cause nothing's going to happen? 

Also, I hope he's smart enough to know that if he did all this with no actual knowledge of anything that he will loose a lot of his supporters. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BWRiley585 said:

I am going to be interested to see if any starters play an extended amount of time tonight. If you remember Sammy Watkins caught 4 passes in the first preseason game against the Vikings last year and was traded over that weekend. 

That's because they needed other teams to see Sammy was healthy.