Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

I absolutely LOVE this move for the Bills.

Coleman is just what the doctor ordered for this Bills offense. A legitimate deep threat to line up opposite Kelvin Benjamin and keep the defense honest. This allows Zay and Kerley to operate out of the slot, where they can do the most damage. 

I'm admittedly a relentless optimist, but count me among those who think this trade will be looked back on as an absolute steal.

• Like (+1) 9

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Like I said, Jarvis and the Maybes. We have no idea how guys like Higgins and Callaway will do when the games are played, and relying on anything from Gordon by now is as foolish as it gets.

Right.  Higgins had 2 good games last year. The rest were average at best. Coleman was a Maybe too. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So Zay is #4 now?

I think so.  

KB and Coleman will be on the outside.  

Kerley and Zay in the slot.   I think Zay has to prove himself to overtake Kerley, he won’t just be handed it. 

• Like (+1) 1

So...to be clear...the Browns acquire Tyrod, and then trade away a speedy deep threat? ?

Alright, teasing aside I was completely caught off-guard by this.  I love the move, I love the cap hit.  I love that Beane is still out there trying to improve this team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whaley traded for Jerry Hughes and LeSean McCoy.  Why does everyone always have to put someone Dow to praise someone?  

He traded for McCoy, but Buddy traded for Hughes.:D

https://www.si.com/nfl/2013/04/29/bills-trade-lb-kelvin-sheppard-colts-lb-jerry-hughes

At 6-foot-2 and 254 pounds, Hughes' versatility could be a better fit on a Buffalo defense that's in transition under new coach Doug Marrone and new coordinator Mike Pettine.

"Versatility is something we're looking for. We want our linebackers to be able to at least play both outside spots," Bills general manager Buddy Nix said. "We think this will give him an opportunity to do what he does best."

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

So...to be clear...the Browns acquire Tyrod, and then trade away a speedy deep threat? ?

Alright, teasing aside I was completely caught off-guard by this.  I love the move, I love the cap hit.  I love that Beane is still out there trying to improve this team.

Agreed on all counts.  

I thought Gordon and Coleman outside with Landry underneath was gold for Tyrod since all the does well is safe short throws and deep balls.  

54 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Going to go ahead and assume its the 4th from the Ragland trade.

That's what I am thinking, at worst it was a 4th and considering that Coleman doesn't exactly have high value. I think it was probably the Bills 5th. Not a bad trade for both sides. The Browns have some talent at WR and Coleman for all the potential he has just isn't panning out. Nabbing a mid-round pick for Coleman was probably the best return the Browns were going to get. The Bills get some much-needed help at receiver for a fairly low cost (having the extra pick from Ragland makes it even easier.)  

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, I don’t know if it will work out but it feels like a good buy low move. If he fails our WR group is still bad. If he stays healthy he can boost the group. If he turned in a year like Goodwin had in SF last year it would be a massive boost.

I see Coleman as VERY similar to Phillip Dorsett.   

Yeah Coleman has more excuses due to injury but he just really hasn't looked like a good NFL WR when healthy.

To me........Goodwin always flashed better WR traits than Robert Woods.......he just needed to start trying.

But the Bills were whistling past the graveyard without someone who could at least *potentially* stretch the field so glad they tried something.