Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Good luck with Coleman. He has suspect hands and is injured a lot.  He could turn it around, but he has a reputation for being lazy too.

Josh MIA Gordon and Antonio Callaway ... gulp. It’s Jarvis and the Maybes out there. 

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I always think of him costing them a potential win in week 17 this past year by dropping the easist catch a professional receiver will ever have a chance at.

that being said, if the price is right, it can’t hurt.

anybody know if he’s a deep threat with straight line speed, or just quick?

@thadbrown7

Just perusing Corey Coleman NFL stats... big red flag is catches per targets. 

He's made 56 receptions on 131 targets. That's 43%. 

Only two guys of top 80 last year in NFL receiving yards were below 50%. 

One was Dez Bryant. 

Maybe it's the injuries.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Benjamin

zay 

coleman

kerley 

could be a functional top 4 and we have some decent 5-7 type guys for depth/upside. He’s a risk but he at least gives a better shot at fielding a competent group  

I have to think it’s conditional, so what’s the harm? 

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know much about this guy, but forgive me for being a little hesitant to get excited about a guy who was the Browns first round pick last year and they are already getting rid of him...so I guess my next question would be, what didn’t they like?

The same device you used to post this could be used to gather this information....

He's had some injury issues.  If he can stay healthy, and it's a big if, thos would be a great addition for the Bills.  

Wheres @Kirby Jackson? Hes been advocating for this move all off season! Great call!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PastaJoe said:

@thadbrown7

Just perusing Corey Coleman NFL stats... big red flag is catches per targets. 

He's made 56 receptions on 131 targets. That's 43%. 

Only two guys of top 80 last year in NFL receiving yards were below 50%. 

One was Dez Bryant. 

Maybe it's the injuries.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt since Hue Jackson is a pass happy maniac, even with DK7, who had no business starting. 

The browns last year, might have been the worst football team in the history of the game. 

21 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes!!!!!  We need some help to say the least.  

Beane is a witch!  Love this regime!  Whether it works out or not, still love this trade to go get a kid with a lot of upside

I mean didn’t the last regime do this with Jerry Hughes?  

Honestly, If a former first rounder who doesn’t have character or criminal issue is available for a mid to low round pick, why not do it?  Dude is talented so it’s a great risk.  While they are adding receivers, why not kick the tires on Brandon Coleman, formerly of the Saints? 6’6” and just caught up in a numbers game in NO. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

My eyes...

Much like our 17 year playoff drought, this is so amazingly awful, it’s beautiful.  It’s also great hearing a guy like Mike Lombardi act like he is some football genius when he was in charge of the 2013 draft.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

So we have Zay who catches about half his targets, and is injured about half the time, and now Coleman (see above)... Maybe Beane found out how to merge multiple players into one... That'd be great! 

Two halves make a whole! YAY? 

• Haha (+1) 1