Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

So...to be clear...the Browns acquire Tyrod, and then trade away a speedy deep threat? ?

Alright, teasing aside I was completely caught off-guard by this.  I love the move, I love the cap hit.  I love that Beane is still out there trying to improve this team.

They must really like what they have in Antonio Callaway their early 4th round pick out of Florida. Callaway was rated as a 1st round type talent but off the field issues made him fall hard. I think Callaway who is a very fast stretch the field type player is more than likely impressing the Browns enough where they can trade Coleman for something. 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I see Coleman as VERY similar to Phillip Dorsett.   

Yeah Coleman has more excuses due to injury but he just really hasn't looked like a good NFL WR when healthy.

To me........Goodwin always flashed better WR traits than Robert Woods.......he just needed to start trying.

But the Bills were whistling past the graveyard without someone who could at least *potentially* stretch the field so glad they tried something.

Goodwin's main issue was always health in my opinion. Goodwin always looked like a great explosive big play type player when he played, it just seemed like he was always getting hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Love this trade.  Coleman hasn't shown much for a 1st rounder, but I like that they're actively trying to better themselves.  Assuming it was a 4th or 5th rounder, it seems like a small price to pay.  Let's hope for some of that 3rd year WR magic.

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So we have Zay who catches about half his targets, and is injured about half the time, and now Coleman (see above)... Maybe Beane found out how to merge multiple players into one... That'd be great! 

Just have them line up next to one another run the same route. One is bound to catch it.

31 minutes ago, JoeF said:

DeShone Kiser, Cody Kessler, RGIII, Kevin Hogan and Josh McCown (three games)

That couldn't have anything to do with it right? 

Yeah, and now add Tyrod Taylor to the list of Brown's QB's who can't hit a speed guy to save their life.

Looks like the Brown's are doing the same thing the Bills did when they unloaded Sammy, Goodwin, and Woods.

It’s hard to judge this guy coming from Cleveland, it’s hard to judge our guys after Tyrod playing QB... Coleman gives us some much needed speed though. We have 3 top 40 picks at WR right now, hopefully our new QB can get them the ball

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Love this!! He’s been on our radar forever. He’s speed and talent just not a ton of production yet. On this team he’s an upgrade 

Nice call Kirby.

You’ve been saying this for a while. Sounds like you have some sources...

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

I wouldn't use their fanbase as a gauge 

The fanbase of the team he came from are the fans that watch the player the most. It's not the be all end all but just because the Browns organization sucks doesn't mean that the fans are clueless as to what they are watching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With his injury history and limited catch radius, I am tempering my expectations. He will probably be a useful decoy. 

Beane clearly favors measurables over stats. And that worries me. The team is big, tall, and fast. Cool. But if we can't complete passes, none of that will matter.

Edited by MURPHD6