Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

2 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Rapoport is saying it's a "late round pick" so probably 5-7, maybe a 6th that could become 5th based on playing time?

You won't find a higher upside player in those rounds, I have no problem buying low on a guy.  

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I wouldn't use their fanbase as a gauge 

Hopefully, it is another Jordan Poyer situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s to consider? They watch their team far more than we do. They should probably know who on their team sucks.

They think everyone sucks except the guys Dorsey has brought in. There, saved you some time reading the board. No different from any other fan base after 1-31. They want to start over. 

Consider our board after the niners signed Goodwin. No different. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I looked it up, broke his hand a few times. The general consensus I keep seeing is he can’t catch.

Given how the Browns havent had a good QB in years, i suppose its possible some of those drops were due to bad ball placement.

Looking at their receiving stats from last year, most of the receivers had a 50% drop/catch rate. So theres that

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know much about this guy, but forgive me for being a little hesitant to get excited about a guy who was the Browns first round pick last year and they are already getting rid of him...so I guess my next question would be, what didn’t they like?

Maybe the new  QB ?

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Goodwin's main issue was always health in my opinion. Goodwin always looked like a great explosive big play type player when he played, it just seemed like he was always getting hurt. 

Nope. His main issue was not deciding he wanted to be an NFL player until his “ Olympic training money” from the Bills was close to running out. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The fanbase of the team he came from are the fans that watch the player the most. It's not the be all end all but just because the Browns organization sucks doesn't mean that the fans are clueless as to what they are watching. 

Some fans are against it, some were hoping for a better return and some think it’s just time to move on.  

Then theres the fan who feels bad for Coleman because “he just got traded (from the Browns) to the worst team in football...”

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Nope. His main issue was not deciding he wanted to be an NFL player until his “ Olympic training money” from the Bills was close to running out. 

Goodwin missed nearly all of 2015 and in 2014 was dealing with literally 4 different injuries. He was also banged up a big in 2016 playing through several injuries. Goodwin always put in the effort and was by all accounts a good teammate. He just was a smaller guy that got unlucky was some injuries early on in his career. He wasn't phoning it in on those lucrative 3rd round pick contracts. The dude wasn't cashing in on some fat deal and then turned it on when he left the team. I think you are crafting this narrative that just doesn't exist. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They think everyone sucks except the guys Dorsey has brought in. There, saved you some time reading the board. No different from any other fan base after 1-31. They want to start over. 

Consider our board after the niners signed Goodwin. No different. 

they're probably like Bills fans. Like Sammy and Woods sucked.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some fans are against it, some were hoping for a better return and some think it’s just time to move on.  

Then theres the fan who feels bad for Coleman because “he just got traded (from the Browns) to the worst team in football...”

That's rich, although I will say that Coleman is going to a worse offense on paper but the Bills organization is a better one than the Browns. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I am assuming the Browns got a 5th rounder although it could be lower, that's honestly a decent return for a player that is likely a bust. The Bills are taking a chance on a player that might benefit from a change in scenery. The Bills desperation at WR makes me like the move. Coleman is a better pro-prospect than almost any player they would have been able to get late in the draft. It's a low risk high reward move for the Bills and a nice salvaging of value for the Browns. 

Daboll wants to use KB, 6'5" 245", as his new Gronk, 6'6" 265". With Coleman on the outside he can try to match KB up on a safety or a LB so he can use his size. We have all seen KB can't separate from a corner. The offense seems to be taking shape and it's going to look similar to NE.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Goodwin missed nearly all of 2015 and in 2014 was dealing with literally 4 different injuries. He was also banged up a big in 2016 playing through several injuries. Goodwin always put in the effort and was by all accounts a good teammate. He just was a smaller guy that got unlucky was some injuries early on in his career. He wasn't phoning it in on those lucrative 3rd round pick contracts. The dude wasn't cashing in on some fat deal and then turned it on when he left the team. I think you are crafting this narrative that just doesn't exist. 

Sorry, not a Goodwin fan. I’ll agree to disagree here. While he didn’t get a boffo deal with where he was picked, it was certainly enough to fund his devotion to his hobby. Running track. Time went on then s**t got real. Too bad he didn’t care much when he was in BUF. I’m not the only one who thinks this about MG. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm with most everyone. It was a huge need. He's got speed and talent. Didn't give away anything. We're better there than we were yesterday. I'm not expecting a huge breakthrough, especially with a Baylor guy and the fact the Browns just gave him away, but I'm happy with it. I think we keep six WR and maybe seven if McCloud is the 7th and a KR and/or PR as well as gadget guy out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Will be interesting to see if he has a better QB or not.

On paper, I would take Tyrod over AJ. That's not to say that "On Paper" means much. AJ to me is a game manager, kind of was in college and looked to be that type of player in limited action with the Bengals. Tyrod is a game manager but with a cannon arm and the ability to make plays with his legs that AJ simply can't make. I honestly expect all the same complaints that this board had with Tyrod (captain check down type stuff) when AJ takes the field. That's not to say that the Bills can't win with a conservative QB but I don't expect the huge uptick in QB production because the anti-Christ of QB's Tyrod isn't here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That's rich, although I will say that Coleman is going to a worse offense on paper but the Bills organization is a better one than the Browns. 

I’m low key optimistic about our offense tbh.  

Obviously we have to see who the QB is and how the OL performs, but KB-Coleman-Kerley-Clay-McCoy-Ivory have some legit potential. 

Throw in any development from O’Leary and Zay and we could be onto something. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

they're probably like Bills fans. Like Sammy and Woods sucked.

Coleman wasn’t as good as either one of those guys but I think most of it stemmed from where he was drafted... 15th overall is going to come with big expectations that he didn’t fulfill, for a variety of reasons.