[reopened. behave your fine selves] Kelvin Benjamin criticizes time with Panthers, Cam Newton

23 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Keep your mouth shut Kelvin, and try to catch the football.

Dude is not nearly as good as this board thinks he is.

Benjamin is a walking mismatch on just about any short, medium or red-zone route.  He is not a game-breaker over the top.  So if that's what you meant, I totally agree he lacks a significant part of the package to be a great/top-tier receiver.

In Kelvin's defense, Cam's strength is not a quick passing game, hitting guys in stride or ball placement to advantage the receiver.  Never has been and likely never will be.  Kelvin has a legitimate point in saying there are better QBs for him to be paired with....I think another point of frustration for Benjamin is that Greg Olsen was the Cam favored guy and Olsen got more match-ups that allowed for clear separation which is what Cam wanted.

All in all, I too agree, that Kelvin should have shut up, but its out there now and since the Bills play the Panthers on Thursday night -- it might be fun.  Not sure I have ever seen bulletin board material for a preseason game...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Newton has shown thoughout his career that he’s petulant, inaccurate and easily frustrated -which are never good for a QB. I understand #13. He just doesn’t need to bring heat on himself or the team. jmo.

Yes, but claiming that he would have been better with “any other quarterback” is ridiculous. Newton isn’t Brady, but he’s not a bottom tier QB like many people here seem to think. I’d take Newton over Benjamin on my team every day of the week. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Even if it's true, it's not too cool to call Newton out like that.  I do like though that he seems to feel comfortable enough to say these things as a member of the Bills.  That tells me he likes it here and wants to help build a winner here.

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron >>> Cam Newton

Ummm....maybe some sort of weird compilation of the best traits of both against Cam...sure....add in Allen's arm and speed and probably have a winner.

17 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Even if it's true, it's not too cool to call Newton out like that.  I do like though that he seems to feel comfortable enough to say these things as a member of the Bills.  That tells me he likes it here and wants to help build a winner here.

Depends on what he thinks about josh Allen. Because if he signs here it will be largely due to the Qb if you take his comments seriously. And not sure how much he will actually play with him this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Hopefully Josh Allen >>>> Cam

Of course that's the hope. It's just funny that he's firing shots at Cam when we might have to deal with Nasty Nate or AJ to start the season.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Of course that's the hope. It's just funny that he's firing shots at Cam when we might have to deal with Nasty Nate or AJ to start the season.

Yeah, the timing of this does not look good.

He must have some confidence in them, at least.

Is this the process? This doesn’t feel like the process.

hopefully he’s a good fit here and doesn’t end up “salty” or upset working with a young qb trying to get more accurate. Also, hopefully he takes his craft seriously year round.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Oh, cool story.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

STFU!!!!

I didn’t like him being drafted by the Panthers and hated the Bills acquiring him.

Dude needs to worry about himself and keep his mouth shut.

What happens when we start a rookie QB who also has accuracy issues?

No, he doesnt have to stfu because some random fan tells him to. If you dont like that the Bills acquired a guy who had been productive in his career than maybe you stfu and move on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Benjamin is a walking mismatch on just about any short, medium or red-zone route.  He is not a game-breaker over the top.  So if that's what you meant, I totally agree he lacks a significant part of the package to be a great/top-tier receiver.

In Kelvin's defense, Cam's strength is not a quick passing game, hitting guys in stride or ball placement to advantage the receiver.  Never has been and likely never will be.  Kelvin has a legitimate point in saying there are better QBs for him to be paired with....I think another point of frustration for Benjamin is that Greg Olsen was the Cam favored guy and Olsen got more match-ups that allowed for clear separation which is what Cam wanted.

All in all, I too agree, that Kelvin should have shut up, but its out there now and since the Bills play the Panthers on Thursday night -- it might be fun.  Not sure I have ever seen bulletin board material for a preseason game...

Great point.  I'd add that Kelvin fell behind Funchess in looks from Cam.  So if you think about it, Benjamin was probably more like the third receiver for the Panthers.  Getting rid of Kelvin was probably good for them, as well as for Kelvin.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Is this the process? This doesn’t feel like the process.

hopefully he’s a good fit here and doesn’t end up “salty” or upset working with a young qb trying to get more accurate. Also, hopefully he takes his craft seriously year round.

Exactly, he just appears to be demonstrating some

diva receiver traits. Hopefully it isn’t indicative of his future here. Personally, I think it just sounds like he’s bitter things didn’t work in Carolina. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Great point.  I'd add that Kelvin fell behind Funchess in looks from Cam.  So if you think about it, Benjamin was probably more like the third receiver for the Panthers.  Getting rid of Kelvin was probably good for them, as well as for Kelvin.

Sometimes there’s a reason that a guy falls to third receiver. Time will tell if Carolina misjudged his talents, or if he just isn’t deserving of being a number one receiver. 

51 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Apparently he’s not as good as HE thinks he is!

But he could settle for anybody (who is a lock for the HOF). 

Please go have a great year and earn a big deal. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The last time he tweeted before today was November with his new Bills profile pic. Other than that, 2 Bills/Football related RTs in December. Just found that interesting. He doesn’t normally say much. 

Cam must’ve stolen his woman or something last weekend. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The last time he tweeted before today was November with his new Bills profile pic. Other than that, 2 Bills/Football related RTs in December. Just found that interesting. He doesn’t normally say much. 

It’s best that way.....