Matt Koffler, Joe Dufek, Vince Ferragamo, and Gale Gilbert

Be honest is there anyone here that remembers all four names listed above?  Anyway, Andy Provin strikes again!  Below is a clip from over forty years of little known Bills quarterbacks who threw TD passes.  Really gotta hand it to Andy and his collection & plus the time it takes to create these.  Must have like hundereds of old VHS tapes of Bills games! 

Koffler looked like he had some game though watching these brief clips

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the Year

Yes, he seemed promising until he got injured. Played behind one of the worst offensive lines we ever had. He was sacked 30-40 times a year. He was never the same after that injury. Still, even before that he had twice as many picks as TD's.

3 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Yes, he seemed promising until he got injured. Played behind one of the worst offensive lines we ever had. He was sacked 30-40 times a year. He was never the same after that injury. Still, even before that he had twice as many picks as TD's.

I just checked his stats. 10 TD, 20 INT in 1970 and he wins ROY?

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Kofler had a nice arm. 60 yard bomb to Brookins was nothing.

Did you know that Dufek went to Yale??

;)

Dufek is an insurance agent out here in Phoenix, always wanted to stop in and meet him.

7 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I just checked his stats. 10 TD, 20 INT in 1970 and he wins ROY?

Dufek is an insurance agent out here in Phoenix, always wanted to stop in and meet him.

Where? I'm in Phoenix, too, as a matter of fact.

Nm, just googled him. I feel very stalkery now.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Dennis Shaw was Rookie of the Year

Dennis Shaw, Dennis Shaw, riding through the land...

I vote for Willie "Hotten" Totten and the Replacements

And how the hell doesn't anyone remember Gene Bradley?

I mean, he had a GENErational arm! We can teach him the nuances!

What do you mean George Santayana isn't a position coach?

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

I forgot that Andre Reed had a career before Jim Kelly. 

I sorta remember Matt Kofler...the name, at least...he looked ok. 

I remember Matt Robinson more as a NY Jet. 

Did we win the Thad Lewis/Cinci game where he came back from down 14? I forget so much lol. 

...but seriously, who the eff was Willie Totten?

Edited by Domdab99

5 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Did we win the Thad Lewis/Cinci game where he came back from down 14? I forget so much lol. 

Willie Totten was a QB for the Bills during the 1987 NFL strike as one of the replacement players.

He was Jerry Rice’s college QB at Mississippi Valley State.

8 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Be honest is there anyone here that remembers all four names listed above?  Anyway, Andy Provin strikes again!  Below is a clip from over forty years of little known Bills quarterbacks who threw TD passes.  Really gotta hand it to Andy and his collection & plus the time it takes to create these.  Must have like hundereds of old VHS tapes of Bills games! 

Yes, actually remember all 4 well. 

Of course. You need to be aware many of us have been watching the Bills since the '60s

• Like (+1) 1

Haha! I had a box of VHS tapes of about 75-100 games or so from the early 80s through the mid 90s. I gave them to a friend about 5 years ago. He had two young boys who were big Bills fans and he had to deploy to Afghanistan for a year. So, while he was gone, his wife would give the boys a couple of games to watch each week and then he could talk with them about the games when they spoke on the phone or skyped. He said they were always so excited to talk about the games they had watched - especially when they got to the ones during their super bowl years!

Going back to the mid-1980's specifically I guess the games were for the most part forgettable other than the announcers.  Tom Hammond who I consider a pretty decent play by play man today really brought no energy to our games.  We were usually coupled with the D-list announcers for NBC then.  Anybody remember Reggie Rucker calling the Bills "Beels?"  

12 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

I remember in the pre-season of 1985 (rookie year) that the great Bears team the Bills played in that pre-season...................... Bears players said they were very impressed with the rookie WR on the Bills. High praise from one of the greatest teams in NFL history.

Ferragamo was a big deal, he was on the cover of SI. We sent the Rams our very first pick of the 83 draft (Tony Hunter not Kelly) for him. His very first game i think he threw for over 400 yards, and everyone thought he was our savior, of course he then began to suck.Gale Gilbert I think holds the record for consecutive Super Bowl appearances with 5( four with the Bills, then one with the Chargers). Willie Totten took the job when Jim Zorn turned us down. I remember Marv talking about the game against the Giants with the replacements after LT crossed the picket line. The left tackle has six holding calls against him in the first half and Marv asked him what was going on, the Left Tackle said six holding calls was good because he was holding him every play.

Edited by The Rev.Mattb74 ESQ.
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and no love for Nall Ball, Dan Manucci  or Gilbran Hamdan?.......I'm hurt...........

Will no one shed a tear for Billy Joe Hobert and his epic 1997 season of despair? Not since another Billy Joe went off the Tallahatchee Bridge was there a more tragic tale. Pass the biscuits please...

Edited by Mickey
  • Haha (+1) 1