NFL.com Calls The Bills "Losers" For Drafting Allen; Compare Him to JP Losman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929261/article/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds(taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fan base makes for a better NFL."

Allen is about 1,000 times smarter & a much harder worker than JP.  Instead of picking up garbage, Josh will be working with his WRs.  Allen didn't have to retake the Wonderlic a 2nd time after spending time being coached up like JP.  

There is no valid comparison.  

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care who the #%€$ Josh Allen is being compared to because in the end it's nearly all going to come downt to JA. Josh Allen isn't JP Losman. He's not anyone else, so I'll just sit back and hope he will be great. He's one of us now.

56 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I've read other commentators that Allen has unlimited upside and could have been the best QB in the draft.  Only time will tell.

Let's hope so!

He was my 4th rated QB but he’s my guy now because he’s a bill...

and I always said if he puts it all together he will be a superstar 

his accuracy #s aren’t as crazy bad as some make them out to be.

he had over 20 drops on the season...

Over his 11 game season if you add 1 completion a game his completion % rises to 60%

if you add 15 completions over 11 games for 1.3 completions per game his completion % rises to a very respectable 62.8%

That is all while playing in a Pro Style offense and having to run for his life

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont know, reading Bill's fans comments and thoughts on Taylor here before he was dealt and most would argue that just about anyone could be an improvement over Taylor....

A lot of Bills fans felt the same way about Ryan Fitzpatrick, too ... 

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont know, reading Bill's fans comments and thoughts on Taylor here before he was dealt and most would argue that just about anyone could be an improvement over Taylor....

Did you see those amazing games that the Bills played the Jaguars and Pathers when Tyrod lead the offence to 3 points? 

How about the Patriots game when he lead the offense to 3 points. Omg so amazing the Browns are going to be amazing.

Edited by Lfod

3 minutes ago, SoTier said:

A lot of Bills fans felt the same way about Ryan Fitzpatrick, too ... 

TT couldn't hold Fitz's jock strap.

Fitz could almost play QB except for the noodle arm.

I disagree with his assessment. I think Allen's floor is closely aligned with TT's ceiling.

Plus, win or lose, it will be a lot more interesting watching the best physical specimen in a generation sink or swim than it would be to take a high floor, low ceiling type take the reigns.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Did you see those amazing games that the Bills played the Jaguars and Pathers when Tyrod lead the offence to 3 points? 

How about the Saints game where he threw for 53 yards ;)

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

I disagree with his assessment. I think Allen's floor is closely aligned with TT's ceiling.

Plus, win or lose, it will be a lot more interesting watching the best physical specimen in a generation sink or swim than it would be to take a high floor, low ceiling type take the reigns.

Or watching Rosen head to the medical tent over and over ;)

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Or watching Rosen head to the medical tent over and over ;)

I think are last pick forced him to cough up the ball in a highlight reel. So many wrong picks cry cry. 

Just now, Lfod said:

The Browns are going to the Playoffs for sure!!!

Funny how all the same stuff is being said about him in Cleveland.

He is working hard,saying all the right things and everybody loves him.............just one problem........he can't play QB ;)

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Funny how all the same stuff is being said about him in Cleveland.

He is working hard,saying all the right things and everybody loves him.............just one problem........he can't play QB ;)

Oh I was reading the fan reactions thinking of how many times the defense fetched him the ball to settle for a field goal or punt. 

Almost felt bad for em....

Edited by Lfod

Just now, Lfod said:

Oh I was reading the fan reactions thinking of how many times the defense fetched him the ball to settle for a field goal or punt. 

Almost felt bad for em....

I don't they are masters of their own misfortune.

They keep a 1-31 coach,take a flyer at 1 on the 4th or 5th QB and draft the 3rd or 4th  CB at 4 when a Stud DE is there.

And trade #65 for TT...Thank You Factory of Sadness;)

losman vs Allen the difference is players like Josh Allen, Jp Losman had a problem he was never liked by his teammates at Tulane.  Losman had a problem rubbing people the wrong way unlike Allen.  Allen is not going to  rub people the wrong way he is a guy who will always be cutting the lights off in the film studying the game not being an !@#$ like Losman.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was my 4th rated QB but he’s my guy now because he’s a bill...

and I always said if he puts it all together he will be a superstar 

his accuracy #s aren’t as crazy bad as some make them out to be.

he had over 20 drops on the season...

Over his 11 game season if you add 1 completion a game his completion % rises to 60%

if you add 15 completions over 11 games for 1.3 completions per game his completion % rises to a very respectable 62.8%

That is all while playing in a Pro Style offense and having to run for his life

Good post. People don’t realize how minimal those percentages really are and many factors are involved.

Just listen to what Palmer said today on John Murphys show. Wyoming’s offense didn’t use many dump offs and bubble screens like the other QBs teams did. He pointed to the lack of separation by his receivers as well.

He watched every game and calculated an average of dump offs and screens,calculating his accuracy percentage to be 62%.

Myself,I wasn’t a big fan of Allen,but I have changed my mind now.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Losman had a 31 (“engineer” level threshold) on the Wonderlic, so what you say above is incorrect.

Sorry I thought he stunk it out,well 2/3 would be worth 20m in MLB ;)

2 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Good post. People don’t realize how minimal those percentages really are and many factors are involved.

Just listen to what Palmer said today on John Murphys show. Wyoming’s offense didn’t use many dump offs and bubble screens like the other QBs teams did. He pointed to the lack of separation by his receivers as well.

He watched every game and calculated an average of dump offs and screens,calculating his accuracy percentage to be 62%.

Myself,I wasn’t a big fan of Allen,but I have changed my mind now.

I watched every game of his and the other top 5 and tracked advanced stats and by my account he threw around 50 balls at or behind the LoS out of 270 attempts good for 18.5%. On par with Rosen and Darnold

Baker shockingly came in at under 14% lowest in the class

I was so down on the Allen pick last night I started looking at next year's QB class.  I feel a little better today as the defense mechanism of doing the mental gymnastics to justify the pick finally set in.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929261/article/2018-nfl-draft-debrief-winners-and-losers-from-round-1

"Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Give Beane some credit for his conviction in Allen and talented all-around linebacker Tremaine Edmunds(taken by the Bills at No. 16 overall), who should be a tackle machine in coach Sean McDermott's system. I hope I'm wrong about Allen, because a happy Bills fan base makes for a better NFL."

If I was on the fence before, that write-up certainly cements my position: the NFL shouldn't let their editors drunk-post articles.