The only positive scouting report I’ve seen on Allen

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If we draft him, I will cling to this evaluation. Still, a lot of people who know far more than I do have him rated as a top 2-3 QB talent, so I’ll reserve judgment. 

Yes, we will read it over and over while we rock back and forth in the fetal position. You’re welcome.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

The hate for Allen on this board is insane, it borders on derangment.

I don’t think it’s a hate of the player, and certainly not his ceiling. I think the problem is with him being overrated since he’s more potential than proven, developed QB talent. As stated above, he has the physical talent to end up the best of the bunch....but his floor is lower too. That’s why the FO makes the big bucks, and risks getting fired if they are wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I have a friend who believes in mermaids, not kidding. I have multiple family members that believe in Bigfoot. I believe them more than anything in that article

The only reason I want Allen is for you to execute your proposal.  

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Isn't a passing grade from Steve Fairchild the equivalent of an F?  More seriously, Fairchild has a dog in this fight given that he coached in that conference and may well be inclined to overestimate it.

Huh, Steve Fairchild still coaches? Really? 

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He coached at colorado state for 3-4 years. It's in the same conference as wyoming, and i'm suggesting homer-ism.

He also coached his own ass right out of the NFL here in Buffalo doing absolutely nothing with the Offense.  This assessment is about as reliable as a meth head showing up for work.

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Get over it.  He's a really bad draft pick and most pundits in this country have said that for a long time.

It's gonna remain like this around here until if and when he can start to prove his detractors wrong.

20 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Get over it.  He's a really bad draft pick and most pundits in this country have said that for a long time.

It's gonna remain like this around here until if and when he can start to prove his detractors wrong.

Meh, those same pundits had him going no worse than the top half of the first round.

22 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Not true

Phil simms on wgr 550 had Allen as his number 1 ranked qb. He also said alot of scouts and gm did as well. He watched many Wyoming games and felt the offense was not qb friendly. Was asked to throw alot of deep posts and seam routes. Not as many screens as mayfield did. Plus wr were terrible. 

Pete prisco also had Allen as number 1 qb.

• Like (+1) 2

I have been against Allen because of his 2 years of community college and 2 years in the 7th rated conference.  He hasn't proven that he can process things at the high college level/NFL level and hasn't proven that he can do tight throws against NFL speed.   I considered it too much of a risk and looking at the first round, we would have been better to take Rosen and a lineman (or two).    If Allen is able to learn to the next level,  we are in good shape- I didn't think it was worth the risk.  Now that he is here, he has my full support.     By the way, I was wrong when I was saying that the McBean's would never go the way of a QB at any cost.  They did.

10 minutes ago, Bash_Gash said:

Phil simms on wgr 550 had Allen as his number 1 ranked qb. He also said alot of scouts and gm did as well. He watched many Wyoming games and felt the offense was not qb friendly. Was asked to throw alot of deep posts and seam routes. Not as many screens as mayfield did. Plus wr were terrible. 

Pete prisco also had Allen as number 1 qb.

These analyses always make me shake my head.   

It's like saying LeBron would make a great jockey if the damn horses were bigger.    Well, they're not, so don't try and make him a jockey...

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And it’s really positive 

So your saying this is the only possitive scouting report on Josh allen?

How about this one

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Or this one

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/10/josh-allen-wyoming-draft-scouting-report-pro-day-arm-strength-mobility-accuracy

The final outcome on these reports are not exactly horrible.. He could do really good or really bad.. Fact the matter is.. no one really knows

including you, Including the bills staff...

Trust the process

NFL evaluators have tended to like Allen more than the fans and internet scouts. There has been a disconnect between the two sides and over time one side will be proven right. 

Personally, I have liked Allen as a prospect but I admit to have a tendency to place a higher emphasis on “tools”. Not my top choice (Darnold) but I would have taken him over Rosen. I believe that in time he can be a Big Ben type Quarterback. 

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Most pundits have him going in top 15. Practically everyone does. How does that make for a "bad" draft pick?

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So your saying this is the only possitive scouting report on Josh allen?

How about this one

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Or this one

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/10/josh-allen-wyoming-draft-scouting-report-pro-day-arm-strength-mobility-accuracy

The final outcome on these reports are not exactly horrible.. He could do really good or really bad.. Fact the matter is.. no one really knows

including you, Including the bills staff...

Trust the process

It says the only one “I’ve seen”

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

NO the blind acceptance of Allen is insane..

We've been down this exact road before and I don't have the patience for this anymore

Yeah I will give him a shot but my optimism is in the dumps. Now I have to wait till mid preseason to see if I actually should have hope because I am not doing that wishy washy its gonna be ok BS like I do most every year

Edited by ddaryl