Again, bills HAVE called up to browns for first overall

Why wouldnt there be talks? Maybe the Browns would even ask for less than G-Men who knows? 

Don't think its happening though. Browns already have lots of picks. They are taking Sam IMO. Something tells me that if the Bills ever wound up with the pick they would likely do the same. 

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Why wouldnt there be talks? Maybe the Browns would even ask for less than G-Men who knows? 

Don't think its happening though. Browns already have lots of picks. They are taking Sam IMO. Something tells me that if the Bills ever wound up with the pick they would likely do the same. 

He's the guy they will take at #1 I believe.  In any event, they'll take a QB there. 

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

They must want Darnold if this is the case. Reports of their love of Darnold came out in December, well before smokescreen season. 

This is true! I don't see a tweet from Allbright, but it does look like he was just/is on WGR. Assuming this was said live and we will see some tweets soon. I have a feeling much like many on here it is Darnold & Rosen we are looking at. This also could simply be finding out the cost so we don't get bent over too bad by the Giants, don't see CLE trading out of 1...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

If the Browns are equally split on Allen or Darnold and the Giants for sure aren't going QB, it certainly makes sense to go get your guy, the Browns get the ransom, then can turn around with the Giants and flip 2 and 4 and the Giants still get their same guy.

I've seen Giants guys on twitter say the Bills are working hard with the Browns, not the Giants, because the Bills and Giants want the same player (Darnold) so the Giants won't trade the pick unless he's gone.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don't even care what the cost is, if we get Darnold we are going to be in great shape for the next 15 years.

Lets temper our expectations on the 10-15 year talk.  We only know that we would in theory have him for a rookie deal plus one franchise tag year.  If the guy REALLY does not want to be here then he leaves well before 10 years elapses.  If the team is far off from contending when the time comes to re-up what is his incentive to stay here other than offer a stupid rich contract?

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Lets temper our expectations on the 10-15 year talk.  We only know that we would in theory have him for a rookie deal plus one franchise tag year.  If the guy REALLY does not want to be here then he leaves well before 10 years elapses.  If the team is far off from contending when the time comes to re-up what is his incentive to stay here other than offer a stupid rich contract?

You don't think you can build a reasonably good team around a fella like Darnold in three or four years?  Draft, plust FA (we have a lot of money next year) -- and it's five years for a first round rookie contract.  You can't presume incompetency.  If you do, then why play at all?  You go get a franchise qb with the thought it is the most crucial piece and hardest to get in football.

18 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Please beane, do something soon. If I have to read 20 draft/trade threads a day up until the draft my head is gonna explode 

If they were to announce a trade to 2 today, there would be 1000 threads talking about how we NEED to get to 1 and anything other is unacceptable.

• Haha (+1) 2

If you assign ~700 points to the 2019 1st, #12 / #22 / #53 / #56 / 2019 = 3,390 points while #1 = 3,000 points

Browns would have 4 / 12 / 22 / 33 / 35 / 53 / 56 / 64 / 114 / 150 / 175 / 205 (plus 2019 1st x2)

They could give up very little likely to go from 4 to 2, could give up a second or other later to go from 12 to ~7 to get Ward or Fitzpatrick,  and still have 22 and  3+ 2nd round picks

17 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills may or may not have contacted the Browns. We will have more as this interesting story develops.

18 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

The Bills may or may not have contacted the Browns. We will have more as this interesting story develops.

Again, the negative story didn't say we didn't contact them. It said there had been no "discussions." There is room for all three stories to be correct.

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The target at 1 would be Darnold. Problem is I don't think he's any good. Similar style to Alex Smith or Joe Flacco. Game manager who thrives off play action and roll outs. I'm not a fan.

If the Browns trade him, he’s sure to be good.

I couldn’t begin the imagine the nuclear meltdown from the fans in Cleveland if they trade away the #1 pick, yet again take a QB later. 

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I couldn’t begin the imagine the nuclear meltdown from the fans in Cleveland if they trade away the #1 pick, yet again take a QB later. 

No sense in getting wound up on this. They aren't trading out of #1. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You don't think you can build a reasonably good team around a fella like Darnold in three or four years?  Draft, plust FA (we have a lot of money next year) -- and it's five years for a first round rookie contract.  You can't presume incompetency.  If you do, then why play at all?  You go get a franchise qb with the thought it is the most crucial piece and hardest to get in football.

It might take all of those 3 or 4 years to build that roster you refer to.  Draft picks don't always pan out and FA's fail to adapt or get lazy after getting paid.  Then there is the fact that none of these QB's prospects have any known connection to the area and might just hate being here period.  Maybe they grew up being a fan of another team and it was always their goal to play for that team.  You take your chances on those potential pitfalls with a single pick or at the most a FEW picks versus SEVERAL picks.  Bet the farm might mean manure on your face when the gamble fails.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If they are going to take Allen anyhow at 1 then it would be smart to trade 1 and take him at 4

36 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

The Browns are more likely to be interested in future first round picks than anything from this years draft.

#1 2019

#1 2020 + #12

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There are going to be a lot of teams with a money to spend next year, we don't usually land the top FA unless we over pay. The core of this team will need to be built through the draft.

42 minutes ago, ******* said:

Per Benjamin Albright . There was conflicting reports about this but he is 100 percent positive there have been talks to gage the price 

This would not surprise me.  But just because they called, doesn’t mean there was an offer etc.  In his presser Beane said he called a number of teams about QB’s, just to get an idea of their value.  They werent always interested in the QB, but want to use hat information to determine how much to pay a QB like Mcacarronz

42 minutes ago, ******* said:

Per Benjamin Albright . There was conflicting reports about this but he is 100 percent positive there have been talks to gage the price 

In other news ...
Donald Trump has called California delegates to reconsider their Presidential preferences. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's no guarantee he'd be available at #4 if that's who they like most. 

I’d have to think a deal with the Giants to flip 2 and 4 would be a prerequisite. Browns could give up #64 and a later pick without even flinching. 

I agree it won’t happen, but if the Bills need to give up a ransom to get a guy, may as well get YOUR guy, perhaps Cleveland really wants Allen but doesn’t want to take the backlash of picking him over Darnold (though they’d still get it). 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's no guarantee he'd be available at #4 if that's who they like most. 

True but if rumors are to be believed I think it would go

1. Bills - Darnold

2. Giants - Chubb

3. Jets - Rosen

4. Browns - Allen

Then Cleveland picks again at 12 and 22. Derwin James and Mo Hurst perhaps?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

True but if rumors are to be believed I think it would go

1. Bills - Darnold

2. Giants - Chubb

3. Jets - Rosen

4. Browns - Allen

Then Cleveland picks again at 12 and 22. Derwin James and Mo Hurst perhaps?

Don't believe it and they are already loaded with picks. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

There are going to be a lot of teams with a money to spend next year, we don't usually land the top FA unless we over pay. The core of this team will need to be built through the draft.

Everyone always blames the location in FA, but I firmly believe the lack of a QB is a bigger factor. When Green Bay actually targets a FA, they don’t usually miss, you think guys really want to live in Wisconsin over Dallas?  

Some may or may not agree, but if I were the Browns I would absolutely trade the 1st pick to the Bills!  I wouldn't have to think about it for very long at all. 

Contrary to what most think, the Browns already have quite a bit of talent on their team.  Coupled with the fact that they already had a ton of high picks in this draft, and the additional haul of high picks from the Bills they could get this year, the Browns could be a legitimate Super Bowl contender in a year or 2.

As you all know by now, I have 3 QBs rated very closely this year in Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield.  I am not high on him, but maybe the Browns even love Allen as well.  The Browns are in a prime position with that pick at 4 to get pretty much any one of these guys they want, aside from whoever the Bills would take at 1.  The could possibly trade up from 4 with the Giants to get to 2 if they want, or they could just sit tight if they have a good idea of who the Jets are taking at 3.

The Browns, with the talent they do have already, and if they were to pick 4 / 12 / 22 / 33 / 35 / 53 / 56 / 64 / 114 / 150 / 175 / 205 (plus 2019 1st x2) as mentioned above, could conceivably compete for a Championship in 2 years. 

If the Bills were in this situation and we had the top pick in this draft and some team was offering all this to me, I would be begging the Bills to trade the 1st pick.  It's a no-brainer if you ask me, if I'm the Browns.  What a way to set your team up for the next 5-10 years with all those picks.

The only problem is, we would have to be competing with them and find a way to beat that team with all that talent to get to where we want to go!  Honestly, it is a win-win for both the Bills and Browns to make this happen.