[Misleading Title]Cordy Glen and Shaq Lawson are to be traded next

1 minute ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Glenn could be worth a late #1 or a #2? Free agency and the draft have no good LT's

Lawson = a late pick

Keep Lawson if we can't get a 3rd or better. He's still a good young player with potential on a good contract to boot.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Blokestradamus said:

I still don't understand trading Glenn when his value has never been lower.

If they're investing in a new QB, I hope Glenn returns to health to help keep the new QB in the lineup in an upright position. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If they're investing in a new QB, I hope Glenn returns to health to help keep the new QB in the lineup in an upright position. 

You are assuming Glenn, himself, can stay in an upright position.  A huge assumption to make after last season

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be good business practice. If they could get some form of Glenn/Dawkins tackle combo with Richie, Groy & Miller, that element of continuity should stand said rookie in good stead to start early-ish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Glen will not play at RT and has been sat just like Sammy Watkins when his foot was funky. I bet he is healthy and wants out. We need to save money at add picks. Our Defense of line, offensive lines and line backing cores are thin. Cleveland may see Thomas retire. Giants and Indy offensive lines suck. 

This is a huge Buffalo cleansing. Out with the old and in with the new. 

I wouldn't so quick to move Glenn. IF healthy(big IF) he is a pretty big piece on that line. O-line is already pretty thin with Wood retiring. Not sure we could get better value for production(assuming health) unless we draft a lineman. 

Definitely need to add to the o-line.

7 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Agree with both you guys.  Bill's have made a lot of cap freeing moves since we heard about Glenn on the trading block.

Any team trading for Glenn will check him out during the physical and if his foot is still bad they won't accept him.

So if he is healthy, I say keep him.  I want the OL to be as strong as possible this year.

We already loss Wood. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Glen will not play at RT and has been sat just like Sammy Watkins when his foot was funky. I bet he is healthy and wants out. We need to save money at add picks. Our Defense of line, offensive lines and line backing cores are thin. Cleveland may see Thomas retire. Giants and Indy offensive lines suck. 

This is a huge Buffalo cleansing. Out with the old and in with the new. 

i have never heard this. not calling you a liar by any means, just haven't heard it. if glen is healthy, and wants to be a part of the process, then he is definitely one of our five best o linemen. i am all for lining up the best five to protect our new qb and block for shady and co. i would love to see the ol turn back to a position of strength. but if cordy really wants out, then let's get what we can.

20 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

indeed. if he is healthy, he is a damn fine lineman. find a place for him and let's roll!

Just now, PIZ said:

If we got a 3rd for Taylor, then Glenn should get us a 1st.

I don’t think Glenn will fetch a first but if I’m the Bills I’m looking for what the Texans got for Duane Brown who basically retired etc. and hadn’t played in a year plus

The Texans I believe got a 2018 3rd round pick and a 2019 2nd round pick for Brown and a 2018 5th rounder. I think they could get somewhere in that ball park 

I can see an August trade being the best return for Glenn. A team is more willing to give up a higher pick in August after an injury and a draft that is 8 months away. Bills need to show Glenn is healthy in preseason.

i don’t see Lawason bringing much in picks and i don’t think cutting him saves much. Lawson isn’t great but could be very valuable rotational depth. 

13 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

That would be good business practice. If they could get some form of Glenn/Dawkins tackle combo with Richie, Groy & Miller, that element of continuity should stand said rookie in good stead to start early-ish.

Yep.......put TALENT around that young QB.

And mark my words........if they go to camp without Glenn to serve as a motivation for Dawkins to aspire to that LT job...........I predict Dawkins will take a step back.

Competition is very important, especially for developing young players.

Sometimes young players without competition get lazy or simply get trapped in their own head and can't just play fast and loose...........they operate better in ACTUAL competitive situations with other players.......which is the wiring that got them to the upper levels of the game in the first place.

We tend to take for granted that good rookie years will mean better sophomore seasons and that's not necessarily how it works.

With TT gone it's looking ever more likely that a guy like Rosen, Darnold or Jackson will be starting for Buffalo as a rookie and the better the supporting cast the better the chances of success for that guy over his first two seasons.    

That's how the Eagles and Rams just accelerated the production of THEIR young QB's.

26 minutes ago, garybusey said:

Keep Lawson if we can't get a 3rd or better. He's still a good young player with potential on a good contract to boot.

But he really isn’t much better than “average at best.”  He does not get very much pressure from the edge.  He does hold the edge fairly well in the run game, but in McDermott’s defense your front 4 need to do a better job rushing the passer.  I’m fine with moving on from Shaq for a 4th round pick

3 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i have never heard this. not calling you a liar by any means, just haven't heard it. if glen is healthy, and wants to be a part of the process, then he is definitely one of our five best o linemen. i am all for lining up the best five to protect our new qb and block for shady and co. i would love to see the ol turn back to a position of strength. but if cordy really wants out, then let's get what we can.

indeed. if he is healthy, he is a damn fine lineman. find a place for him and let's roll!

Glen is a very good LT. Probably a top 5-10 pass blocker and good run blocker. Sliding over Dion Dawkins to RT could work, but I think are better dumping the salary. I agree if we kept both and drafted a RG, then our line would be excellent for a rookie.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.......put TALENT around that young QB.

And mark my words........if they go to camp without Glenn to serve as a motivation for Dawkins to aspire to that LT job...........I predict Dawkins will take a step back.

Competition is very important, especially for developing young players.

Sometimes young players without competition get lazy or simply get trapped in their own head and can't just play fast and loose...........they operate better in ACTUAL competitive situations with other players.......which is the wiring that got them to the upper levels of the game in the first place.

We tend to take for granted that good rookie years will mean better sophomore seasons and that's not necessarily how it works.

With TT gone it's looking ever more likely that a guy like Rosen, Darnold or Jackson will be starting for Buffalo as a rookie and the better the supporting cast the better the chances of success for that guy over his first two seasons.    

That's how the Eagles and Rams just accelerated the production of THEIR young QB's.

Excellent points. A later Glen trade would = a 2019 pick that could be performance based. 

1 minute ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Glen is a very good LT. Probably a top 5-10 pass blocker and good run blocker. Sliding over Dion Dawkins to RT could work, but I think are better dumping the salary. I agree if we kept both and drafted a RG, then our line would be excellent for a rookie.

what about john miller? is he back in the formula now that we are running a different offense? he showed flashes as a rookie, and disappeared last year. i am interested to see what happens next for mr. miller.

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t think Glenn will fetch a first but if I’m the Bills I’m looking for what the Texans got for Duane Brown who basically retired etc. and hadn’t played in a year plus

The Texans I believe got a 2018 3rd round pick and a 2019 2nd round pick for Brown and a 2018 5th rounder. I think they could get somewhere in that ball park 

I agree. That was the deal I based this on and it reminded me of when we traded Jason Peters for a late #1.

41 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I am in the camp of keeping Dawkins at LT and moving Glenn to RT. You would have two of the better bookends in the league helping keep a rookie or whoever upright. 

Edited by H2o

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I am in the camp of keeping Dawkins at LT and moving Glenn to RT. You would have two of the better bookends in the league helping keep a rookie or whoever upright. 

I'm a big believer in Sean McDermott as a communicator. If there's a way to solve the issue amicably, I'm certain that he'll find it.

We could actually be heading into another Cyrus scenario if Cordy has limitations in one foot or the other that could limit him to being better off on one side than the other. I'm no medical doctor or anything, just projecting.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

You are assuming Glenn, himself, can stay in an upright position.  A huge assumption to make after last season

:doh: My post included "I hope Glenn returns to health"  Does that seem like an assumption? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Glenn could be worth a late #1 or a #2? Free agency and the draft have no good LT's

Lawson = a late pick

Got your Miss Cleo panties on again huh?

50 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

what about john miller? is he back in the formula now that we are running a different offense? he showed flashes as a rookie, and disappeared last year. i am interested to see what happens next for mr. miller.

I always liked john miller but hes been average at best (2nd year), and we are sorta in desperate interior line play.  Wood retired and Richie doesn't have much past this contract.  I don't want to stake my future on Vlad (ugh), Groy (admirable), Miller (so far average at best).  

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of value in trading players this season...if we could get a 4th for Glen, given his contract and injury, I would be happy.

I think we can get a late 2nd or a early 3rd for him.  Good LTs are hard to find.  

I would keep Lawson. He has been injured and has a potential to be a good situational player on a rookie contract.  May be the light will go on soemtime in the next two years.

Do you dream of unicorns? It must be so peaceful. Bless you! 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of value in trading players this season...if we could get a 4th for Glen, given his contract and injury, I would be happy.

He’s expensive and possibly broken. That rarely yields a high bounty. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

That seems realistic, and rather tempting.