Eric Galko of Optimum Scouting: Bills love Rosen (updated with new info)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If Cordy Glenn is healthy, he has significant value.  If he isn't, I don't see how the Giants would want him.  That is not exactly a steal, imo, but I would definitely make the trade.

Glenn's been one of the better picks the franchise has made over the course of his career.  Other than a freak debilitating injury, he's been extremely durable with the exception of the past season when a "normal" injury laid him up.  

While I'm a firm believer that QB trumps all, I'm a bit surprised he's become such a "toss in" trade candidate for moving up.  I know some its salary cap related, but the dude is a hell of a player.  I hope the Bills realize this.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

UPDATE: Eric Galko on his latest podcast says the cost for the Bills to get to #2 will be 21st, 22nd, 2019 2nd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn. If that's true then it is a steal for us.

That's all it'll take to get our Franchise QB? ANNOUNCE IT NOW!

Except that just getting to #2 doesn’t mean you have a franchise QB.  Trading that much gets you a chance to pick a non-guaranteed prospect.

Just now, stony said:

Glenn's been one of the better picks the franchise has made over the course of his career.  Other than a freak debilitating injury, he's been extremely durable with the exception of the past season when a "normal" injury laid him up.  

While I'm a firm believer that QB trumps all, I'm a bit surprised he's become such a "toss in" trade candidate for moving up.  I know some its salary cap related, but the dude is a hell of a player.  I hope the Bills realize this.  

I am guessing a lot of folks don't believe Glenn is healthy.  They think we can heal him up enough to trick the Giants or something.  They are "tossing him in" because they don't think of him as a durable player.  If it's all about salary cap, that's just plain foolish.  He's a very nice LT, one of the harder positions to fill.  If he is healthy, Glenn and Dawkins would conceivably give you too nice bookends for the OL.  

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Except that just getting to #2 doesn’t mean you have a franchise QB.  Trading that much gets you a chance to pick a non-guaranteed prospect.

Yep, that's how the draft works, wherever you are picking.  Though the bust rate is still high, you have a much better chance of getting a franchise qb picking early, and this appears to be a draft with a few players with real potential.  Unless you have a foolproof way to know the future ahead of time, there's no way to eliminate risk. 

4 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

UPDATE: Eric Galko on his latest podcast says the cost for the Bills to get to #2 will be 21st, 22nd, 2019 2nd Rd Pick and Cordy Glenn. If that's true then it is a steal for us.

if this is true it would be an amazing bargain. I just don't trust Rosen's health/injury/durability concerns. If he can hang in the pocket and survive NFL hits, then his shear arm will take over. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I am guessing a lot of folks don't believe Glenn is healthy.  They think we can heal him up enough to trick the Giants or something.  They are "tossing him in" because they don't think of him as a durable player.  If it's all about salary cap, that's just plain foolish.  He's a very nice LT, one of the harder positions to fill.  If he is healthy, Glenn and Dawkins would conceivably give you too nice bookends for the OL.  

Yep, that's how the draft works, wherever you are picking.  Though the bust rate is still high, you have a much better chance of getting a franchise qb picking early, and this appears to be a draft with a few players with real potential.  Unless you have a foolproof way to know the future ahead of time, there's no way to eliminate risk. 

My point is that 3 premium picks and Glenn, who if healthy is very good - if not healthy, you’d have to throw in another 2nd

On 2/14/2018 at 10:25 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Also for those who didn’t listen it sounds like Cousins to Denver is highly likely 

....now the Jets are purported to be major Cousin players.....

Latest rumors

Feb. 19: The Jets will be willing to “pay whatever it takes” to get Cousins, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini. They might even be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ contract to sweeten the deal.

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

So be it. 

You want a potentially premiere QB and your team doesn't suck, this is the risk you have to take.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Latest rumors

Feb. 19: The Jets will be willing to “pay whatever it takes” to get Cousins, according to ESPN’s Rich Cimini. They might even be willing to fully guarantee Cousins’ contract to sweeten the deal.

The Jets are a scrappy team, but are missing key pieces on offense.  Aside from money, I see very little there to entice Kirk.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Latest rumors

I don't know if I would be willing to do that. We should at least try to drive the price up to hurt their cap.

Thinking a lot more about it... I'd love this... I'm just still not thinking it will be what happens.

10 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

This is sheer and utter crap.

It's going to cost more than this, unless Gettleman is doing McDermott a favor.

If that's all it costs, do it in a heartbeat. You're still going to somehow have 2 2nd round picks this year.

But that's not all it's going to cost.

So many rumors now I don’t know what to believe. A couple weeks ago it was that McDermott really liked Mayfield’s demeanor on the field during the senior bowl. 

Last week it was this rumor rumor about trading up for Rosen.

This week the word is they like Allen.

Before the draft process heated up, word was the regime was truly ensnared with Darnold.

I think they’re doing a good job of keeping their hand close to the vest. 

• Like (+1) 1

This Rosen rumor is too well publicized now. It makes me think it must be a diversion unfortunately. We haven't had info like this leak with the new regime so it seems rather fishy. My guess is the Bills want people to think they want Rosen because they really want Josh Allen or another player. They are hoping someone moves up and grabs Rosen so the other guys fall farther down the board. They have a much better shot at getting into the top 10 than the top 5. Makes me sad. Josh Allen looks like the next Kyle Boller. Good fastball, no touch, terrible accuracy. You don't suddenly get more accurate once you get to the NFL that's for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Where is and what happened to Leroi? We fans could use some genuine insight into the thinking of this regime. 

Anyway, all these rumors about trading up and giving up the farm are great should the team actually find that elusive franchise QB. I just hope that this regime realizes that the super bowl was just won by a backup QB who was never thought of as the franchise QB of any team.  Yes, the team's starter in Wentz played in 13 games and went 11-2 along the way before suffering his season-ending injury.

You need an all-around solid team to compete for the SB, a solid O line, a solid run game with good RBs, a solid passing game with a really good QB, quality receivers in both WRs & a top TE,  a top defense with a top D line and most of all top notch coaching. The 2017 Eagles were near top 5 in both offense and defense, only 7th in the offensive yards.

How many of those areas are the Buffalo Bills going to have with solid to elite players to go into the 2018 season? 

7 hours ago, kdiggz said:

This Rosen rumor is too well publicized now. It makes me think it must be a diversion unfortunately. We haven't had info like this leak with the new regime so it seems rather fishy. My guess is the Bills want people to think they want Rosen because they really want Josh Allen or another player. They are hoping someone moves up and grabs Rosen so the other guys fall farther down the board. They have a much better shot at getting into the top 10 than the top 5. Makes me sad. Josh Allen looks like the next Kyle Boller. Good fastball, no touch, terrible accuracy. You don't suddenly get more accurate once you get to the NFL that's for sure.

Dont forget, if I remember correctly there were rumors flying that we liked Cardale Jones a lot too, and we did in fact take him. Maybe there's something to this.

7 hours ago, kdiggz said:

If it makes you feel any better, I know the guy at Cover1 is pretty convinced that it's Darnold that the Bills want and that they're just hoping Cleveland passes on Darnold at #1.

Speaking of which, I saw the other day that Charlie Campbell has been hearing that the two QBs Cleveland are considering is Darnold and Lamar.

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

If it makes you feel any better, I know the guy at Cover1 is pretty convinced that it's Darnold that the Bills want and that they're just hoping Cleveland passes on Darnold at #1.

Speaking of which, I saw the other day that Charlie Campbell has been hearing that the two QBs Cleveland are considering is Darnold and Lamar.

I think Darnold will go #1.  He's a safer bet than anyone else CLE is considering.  I think Beane sees Allen as his Cam Newton.  They are similar in size and abilities (in his eyes)

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I think Darnold will go #1.  He's a safer bet than anyone else CLE is considering.  I think Beane sees Allen as his Cam Newton.  They are similar in size and abilities (in his eyes)

I agree with all of that as well. I'd guess Darnold and Allen are his top 2 QBs in some order.

21 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Wow if that's all it will take....DO IT...DO IT NOW

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Wow if that's all it will take....DO IT...DO IT NOW

I think this just shows that while the qb prospects are good....none of them are great. That doesn’t mean none of them will turn out to be great...they just all have question marks. With that said ....i believe the bills must do everything they can to get up and get their guy in this draft. 

3 minutes ago, zevo said:

I think this just shows that while the qb prospects are good....none of them are great. That doesn’t mean none of them will turn out to be great...they just all have question marks. With that said ....i believe the bills must do everything they can to get up and get their guy in this draft. 

It's presumptive to assume that the Bills have "their guy" at this point.  It's very possible, like many current scouts, that they have 5-6 guys all rated similarly.  If so, they stand pat.  There's no reason to prematurely sell the farm for a "maybe".

10 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

It's presumptive to assume that the Bills have "their guy" at this point.  It's very possible, like many current scouts, that they have 5-6 guys all rated similarly.  If so, they stand pat.  There's no reason to prematurely sell the farm for a "maybe".

Even if they think they have their guy identified based on all the info they have to date, keep in mind that they still have never met Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen. Or Lamar Jackson for that matter, though I don’t think they are interested in him.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Even if they think they have their guy identified based on all the info they have to date, keep in mind that they still have never met Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen. Or Lamar Jackson for that matter, though I don’t think they are interested in him.

7-12 more days.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No doubt, the vetting process is far from complete.  Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think that we're really not going to know a lot until at least Cousins and Keenum are signed, and possibly McCarron as well.  I don't think Foles is going anywhere, nor do I believe that Bradford or Bridgewater are starters unless they take a "shoe me" contract.   

4 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

No doubt, the vetting process is far from complete.  Maybe it's just my opinion, but I think that we're really not going to know a lot until at least Cousins and Keenum are signed, and possibly McCarron as well.  I don't think Foles is going anywhere, nor do I believe that Bradford or Bridgewater are starters unless they take a "shoe me" contract.   

Sounds more like something you do with a racehorse B-)

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Where is and what happened to Leroi? We fans could use some genuine insight into the thinking of this regime. 

Anyway, all these rumors about trading up and giving up the farm are great should the team actually find that elusive franchise QB. I just hope that this regime realizes that the super bowl was just won by a backup QB who was never thought of as the franchise QB of any team.  Yes, the team's starter in Wentz played in 13 games and went 11-2 along the way before suffering his season-ending injury.

You need an all-around solid team to compete for the SB, a solid O line, a solid run game with good RBs, a solid passing game with a really good QB, quality receivers in both WRs & a top TE,  a top defense with a top D line and most of all top notch coaching. The 2017 Eagles were near top 5 in both offense and defense, only 7th in the offensive yards.

How many of those areas are the Buffalo Bills going to have with solid to elite players to go into the 2018 season? 

I agree.  I appreciated Lerois insight, esp during the draft. His insight was/is undeniable 

Unfortunately, Leroi was banned for being critical of the upgrade, without a warning, out of the blue one day. 

He still does work for the Bills and he would love to share his knowledge with everyone here. 

He has formally written an apology to SDS, twice, only to be ignored...

• Like (+1) 3

Rosen is a idiot and a punk. He will not play for a team like Buffalo or Cleveland. It’s beneath him. This guy walks around wearing F-Trump hats and 

runs his mouth saying he wants to slip in the draft so he can go to the right team. Screw him and the surf board he might come in on. I would not even consider this idiot If I was the Bills. I would take him if he was still there in the 3rd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Rosen is a idiot and a punk. He will not play for a team like Buffalo or Cleveland. It’s beneath him. This guy walks around wearing F-Trump hats and 

runs his mouth saying he wants to slip in the draft so he can go to the right team. Screw him and the surf board he might come in on. I would not even consider this idiot If I was the Bills. I would take him if he was still there in the 3rd. 

He is an idiot and a punk because he says things you don't agree with it? I am guessing after a 5 minute conversation with you, I can call you the same things. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

You may or may not be right, but go look at the thread where Yolo linked two articles from SI, one from 2016 and one from January, and see if you have the same opinion. If you do, fair enough, but much of what you're referring to were incidents taken out of context and in fact, I quoted him in that thread where he indicates he chose UCLA over USC just because he doesn't like powerhouses and he likes to "mess things up" and wants to help a team be a phoenix rising out of the ashes. Also, his politics may not be something you agree with, but he has as much right as anyone else to express it. All athletes, especially the gifted and intelligent ones, use their platform to advance their ideological perspective, and I'm fine with it even when I disagree because THAT is what makes a America great. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Jim Kelly rejected the Bills and he turned out all right.

Besides, when I was 21-22 I didn't know anything about anything. A few years later and having been exposed to what it really meant to handle adversity, I had grown up a lot.

I don't care about Rosen's politics, but would hope he knows that espousing them publicly isn't in his best interest.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He looks like he put on 25 lbs. Can’t give him EJ’s old number! 

Haha I think someone photoshopped his face and arms on EJ's body

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Those are some large tree trunks for a skrawny dude!

He's been eating Mighty Taco and Ted's hotdogs

• Haha (+1) 2

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎21 at 1:19 AM, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I doubt he's an idiot or a punk. Personally I like Lamar Jackson (matter of opinion) but to me Rosen is the only QB in this class who walks around with the words "franchise guy" tattooed on his forehead.