My son met Beane today

stevewin

My son goes to UNCW (Beane's alma mater).  He was in the library today and a buddy txted him that Beane was on campus - speaking to a class.  He found out which building and went there and just went wandering around looking for him.  He found him just as Beane was on his way out.  

image.png.6ecb11a8e156d3baff0b6129777eafb6.png

He just happened to be wearing the Braves shirt and Bills hat today (though I think he wears the hat almost every day).  Said Beane was psyched to see a Bills fan - said he was a super nice guy - his family was there too.

Regarding important inside info - he asked Beane if he would be trading up to get a QB early in the draft and....

Beane just laughed I can't tell you that.

He did comment though (unsolicited) that Daboll plans to feature the underutilized Joe Webb package next year.....            j/k 

Update - Beane was there to receive Distinguished Alumnus award

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/201858-my-son-met-beane-today/?do=findComment&comment=4904777

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, KW95 said:

serious question:

Who is Beane, who is the student?

I don't know who the Bean man is but the student is a son of a dad carrying a heavy debt load. He wanted his son to go to trade school and skip college but the son was insistent on going to college. Now his dream vacation to go to Tahiti and conoodle with some exotic women is put on hold. :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

My son goes to UNCW (Beane's alma mater).  He was in the library today and a buddy txted him that Beane was on campus - speaking to a class.  He found out which building and went there and just went wandering around looking for him.  He found him just as Beane was on his way out.  

He just happened to be wearing the Braves shirt and Bills hat today (though I think he wears the hat almost every day).  Said Beane was psyched to see a Bills fan - said he was a super nice guy - his family was there too.

Regarding important inside info - he asked Beane if he would be trading up to get a QB early in the draft and....

He did comment though (unsolicited) that Daboll plans to feature the underutilized Joe Webb package next year.....            j/k 

Did your son ask him about the dinner in Lackawanna with Jimmy Garoppolo? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, stevewin said:

But then I would have to kill you.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

At least she’s not interested in chapel hill.

My daughter goes to Chapel Hill  :) - the night before my son sent this pic, she sent a pic of rushing Franklin St after beating Duke :)

9 hours ago, Yard Monkey said:

Is your son tall or Beane short?

My son is 6 ft - he said Beane is not tall

Just now, joesixpack said:

How ya like that tuition bill :P

In-state tuition at UNC is basically the same as any other school in the NC system.  I essentially pay the same for my son at UNCW

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Ya my kid's expressed interest in Chapel Hill as an out of stater.

I'm not feeling it TBH.

Out of state tuition is harsh for almost all schools compared to in-state.  Fan-wise,  I've pretty much stayed neutral on the local schools since I've lived here (Duke, UNC, State) - but have to say UNC has been an absolutely unbelievably positive experience for my daughter (and now I'm a bigger UNC fan)

Edited by stevewin

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

Out of state tuition is harsh for almost all schools compared to in-state.  Fan-wise,  I've pretty much stayed neutral on the local schools since I've lived here (Duke, UNC, State) - but have to say UNC has been an absolutely unbelievably positive experience for my daughter (and now I'm a bigger UNC fan)

Truth.

She's a field hockey player and apparently UNC's field hockey program is huge.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Truth.

Multiple sports big there :)  They are building new soccer and field hockey fields now.  Campus is so beautiful...

11 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

Is there a chance that Joe Webb’s package will be expanded next year?

I believe Joe Webb's Package will be on full display. And it's going to be HUGE. Really something for Daboll to hang his hat on, so to speak. Once the league is exposed to Joe Webb's Package, there's no going back from what I'm told. However sources sometimes lie and things change. Stay tuned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Suuuuuure, riiiightt- of course your son was in the ‘library’.....?

Ha - when he led with I was at the library I had to mentally pause and process if that was the most amazing part of the story  :P

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have a Braves shirt just like that! 

Don't we all?  :P

Ah - but do you have a shirt like this:

image.png.d029779466448811565de635b1caaa0b.png

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Truth.

Karen Shelton is a legendary coach and former Olympian.  Women's Soccer gets the headlines a lot but Women's Field Hockey and Lacrosse (Jenny Levy) are both perennial national contenders. 

I have one daughter who is a UNC-Chapel Hill grad and one who is a freshman at UNC-W.  The freshman loves UNC-W.   All the kids are Bills fans (they caught the disease).  She was bummed she missed Beane when I told her today.

As for tuition--SteveWin is dead on.  I pay less for UNC-W than I did for Catholic High School.  I got a break!

9 hours ago, stevewin said:

Ha - when he led with I was at the library I had to mentally pause and process if that was the most amazing part of the story  :P

On a Friday afternoon no less.....Is there a bar called The Library in Wilmington???

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, stevewin said:

Awesome for him.