My son met Beane today

stevewin

Update - looks like Beane was there to receive Distinguished Alumnus of the Year.  Pretty cool

https://uncw.edu/profiles/wright_amyandben_beane_brandon_beatty_rachael.html

image.png.bf169aadd5fae49dfbc5b7b8f9a86bc5.png

When Brandon Beane isn’t building the Buffalo Bills’ roster, he’s visiting children at the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital in Buffalo, NY. He also speaks regularly to civic organizations, schools and colleges about the professional sports industry.

Being named the Distinguished Alumnus of the Year was a humbling honor, said Beane, the general manager of the NFL’s Buffalo Bills.

“It’s an honor that was achieved with the help of so many, including my wife and kids, my parents, several fellow UNCW alums and professors,” he added.  

Prior to joining the Bills, Beane spent 19 years with the Carolina Panthers. He began as an intern in the Panthers’ media relations office after graduating from UNCW. Beane worked his way up to the director of football operations. He also served as interim general manager.

In 2015, he was named the organization’s assistant general manager. Beane was heavily involved in football operations, player contracts and scouting for the Panthers organization. His vast industry knowledge and experience and commendable work ethic landed him the position of general manager of the Buffalo Bills in May 2017. The team made its first playoff berth in 17 years under Beane.

He set his sights on becoming a general manager in the NFL during his internship with the Panthers, said Beane, who received a bachelor’s degree in communication studies. He is one of 32 general managers in the league.

“As I was trying to plot my career path, I was taught that there are so many opportunities in this world,” Beane said. “It was up to me to make it happen and I felt the freedom to take some necessary risks to get where I am today.”

He encouraged fellow Seahawks to chase their dreams every day. “Take it one step at a time and enjoy the journey,” he said. “The lessons along the way will be pertinent to your success once you reach your dream job.”

Please thank your son on my behalf for trying to get some info. out of Beane regarding the QB draft situation! 

PS:  regarding the under-utilized Joe Webb package.

See!  Our friend from Dunkirk was right.

We mock what we don't understand.

On February 10, 2018 at 8:58 AM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I believe Joe Webb's Package will be on full display. And it's going to be HUGE. Really something for Daboll to hang his hat on, so to speak. Once the league is exposed to Joe Webb's Package, there's no going back from what I'm told. However sources sometimes lie and things change. Stay tuned.

Well you know how that goes.

Sometimes the best ideas can whimper out and go limp.