Whether you like it or not ... Nick Foles

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Interesting thing is now the Eagles will likely command a 1st rounder plus as compensation imo....if you’re the Bills do you pull the trigger?

Tough decision for the Eagles.  Wentz was the likely MVP before injury, but Foles wins you the Super Bowl.  Unless they get blown away by an offer, I'd keep him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Does Doug Peterson come with him as OC?  

At what point do we need more proof your offensive coaches and surrounding cast (Oline, WRs) is just as important.  

Very true, there would probably be a lot more good QBs in the NFL with better offensive coaching. Fisher made Foles look horrific.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHogan said:

Nick Foles will now have a role in the QB market.

Whether it's a Cousins suitor or someone who would otherwise use a high pick on a QB, someone will trade and pay Foles.

From what I understand, that Wentz injury is complicated.

39 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Does Doug Peterson come with him as OC?  

At what point do we need more proof your offensive coaches and surrounding cast (Oline, WRs) is just as important.  

I’d argue the supporting staff and coordinator are more important. We’ve seen Foles in different systems look awful. For some reason people think a QBs success only has to do with hisself.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Interesting thing is now the Eagles will likely command a 1st rounder plus as compensation imo....if you’re the Bills do you pull the trigger?

No.

Draft a QB in the strongest and most top-heavy QB class in years.

Doug Williams was a Super Bowl MVP... was fantastic in a route of the Broncos... then he lost his job to Mark Rypien.

Let's be thankful another QB needy team is going to massively overpay Foles and overcompensate the Eagles.

People are making way too big a deal out of 2 games. Foles is a capable starter in the right situation, but not every situation. The Eagles were just an unbelievable situation this year with a fantastic OL, Elite TE, an amazing WR corps, 2 excellent RBs and, most importantly, a brilliant, creative and aggressive offensive play caller.

I expect backlash from saying this, but I figured coming here people would be emotional and overreacting.

Friggin LOVE that the Patriots lost because the Eagles are just the better team :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Nick Foles has no interest playing anywhere other than Philly.  He'll either hold the clipboard behind Wentz in '18 or move on from football.   

Yeah right! The guy just won the Super Bowl!  He’s going to be happy holding a clipboard? Yeah I’m sure that’s right. 

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good thing you made this thread because it wasn't being discussed anywhere else on the board. 

Would you stop already I am so tired of individuals replying this is already being discussed somewhere else WHO CARES

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good thing you made this thread because it wasn't being discussed anywhere else on the board. 

Jealous you actually didn't start a thread?

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We should all start a Foles thread to make sure our views are known. ;)

Yup, you are very jealous

Edited by BillsFan2313

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think sarcastic comments help.  If the topic is repetitive you can simply ignore it.  It is a good way to get to 70,000+ posts though.  

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

I don't think Foles goes anywhere unless the offer is outrageous and someone reconstructs his contact. That said, he is a QB who thrives in the right environment and I'm not sure Buffalo is the place. Unless Daboll can convince him that he will succeed in this offense, my bet is the only other place he'll land is Denver. Philly will want to keep him out of the NFC and the Jets and Browns are not a fit as they are in full rebuild mode.

Please keep in mind, that nick foles was not good until they started the rpo. Teams like the bills may not want to run rpo on every snap. If foles ran the bills offense under Dennison this year, he wouldn't have been good. The eagles played to his strength and as we all saw this season Dennison did not do that for his qb 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Please keep in mind, that nick foles was not good until they started the rpo. Teams like the bills may not want to run rpo on every snap. If foles ran the bills offense under Dennison this year, he wouldn't have been good. The eagles played to his strength and as we all saw this season Dennison did not do that for his qb 

Facts.

The OC and game plan can turn a QB into playoff Foles or Rams Foles.

Its that simple.

You have to have talent paired with the right coaching for that specific  talent.

Storybook ending for Foles. Now the Eagles have to deal him. If they truly believe in Wentz, they can't have Foles on the bench. That Philly crowd will be calling for Foles if Wentz is less than perfect next year. Get what you can asap, find another reliable back up, and try to repeat with a legit future elite QB.