Gronk contemplating retirement - to pursue acting career per report

Reed83HOF

Looking like Bellicheat may retire or it's about to go down in NE...

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski said at the podium that he is “definitely going to look at my future, for sure.” Will sit down a few weeks after the season and see where he’s at regarding retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw his comments but not the question that prompted them. He sounded like he was seriously contemplating retirement.

He was in concussion protocol for a long time. As fans, I'm not sure we fully appreciate what these players go through after these big hits. The Aaron Williams Players Tribune article touched on it a bit.

I wonder how Cooks is doing.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He came into the league with health concerns and has been beat to hell. If he’s even a tiny bit smart he’s got to consider it.

he seems to value some quality of life.

Did you see his eyes in the closeups? He's almost cross-eyed. 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Lost me at the bold.

I figured that would get comments but dude has to be slightly aware of the fact that he’s breaking down.

He’s got to be a 7.2 forty at this point, held together by duct tape and coming off a head injury 

Jokes (and serious comments) about him being a caveman aside— I could see him being a guy that gets that there’s something beyond football

Just now, NoSaint said:

I figured that would get comments but dude has to be slightly aware of the fact that he’s breaking down.

He’s got to be a 7.2 forty at this point, held together by duct tape and coming off a head injury 

Jokes (and serious comments) about him being a caveman aside— I could see him being a guy that gets that there’s something beyond football

Maybe. He's still an unstoppable player, maybe the best ever at his position, and hardly any professional player in any sport, especially great ones, stop playing before they are forced to. Like less than 1%. Regardless of the smarts of it or them.

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Because they had about 600 yards and 30+ points against a top defense and lost on the last play for once?

No. Because their organization is going to get completely shaken up , from coaches to players and Brady will be 41. They don't have much talent from recent drafts.

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

No. Because their organization is going to get completely shaken up , from coaches to players and Brady will be 41. They don't have much talent from recent drafts.

Guys like Patricia and McDaniels get way, way, way too much credit. Belichick runs every bit of that team. The reason they are so good are Belichick, Brady, Belichick's game plans on defense and offense, Belichick's roster wrangling, and Belichick's in game adjustments, then the corrdinators and rest of the players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tcali said:

He has saved a ton of dough. He is oft injured. Would be a very smart move to retire..Problem is he is still a great player.

Florio commented on that after the game, stating that Gronk has always lived off endorsement money and he has saved all salary income.

Which is a weird thing to say unless it is true.  I was wondering how that bit of information is floating around.  Maybe Gronk mentioned this in some interview somewhere?

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Jeff Howe @jeffphowe 4m4 minutes ago

Gronk said he’ll weigh his future in the coming weeks. Wouldn’t fully commit to returning.

29 replies 90 retweets 86 likes

Yeah right. Maybe he can go bar hopping with the Big Ben.

These guys are starting to sound like Bret Favres annual retire not retire retire not retire media whore parties.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

Maybe he'll go to med school?

Stop with this. We all know that he has to finish his PhD thesis in both quantum and particle physics first. He has some amazing things to add to our current understanding of string theory.

• Haha (+1) 1