Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

It is entirely fair to state your opinion on Luck. The last sentence was not required. And he is one of the long standing , respected members of this form. I don't agree with calling anyone a moron, esp posters like him. 

*I assume you meant "forum" and not "form"*

He may not personally be a moron, I stated that he was a moron in regards to his assessment of Andrew Luck, which I still feel is true.

Feel free to disagree with that, doesn't change my stance on it.

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We're not trying to win now? Looked to me this year like we are. Wait 2 years? :w00t:

This drought thinking. We're now in the post draught era. Its about winning now.

Old habits die hard I guess.

No, they didn’t anticipate the success they had because they traded Watkins, Darby, Dareus and Ragland to gain picks for this year’s Draft. An obvious sign they were setting themselves up to make a big transition in 2018. And no, listen to Beane’s comments, the Bills are not in “win now” mode. 

Im ecstatic they won this year I really like McD as a coach, but it’s easy to see they achieved beyond their talent level (due to good coaching and team mentality). To me getting Luck is a sign they have adjusted their initial timeline - I’m just not convinced that’s accurate.

Also, to those saying he’s 28, you’re right but will be 29 when season starts. And presuming a guy to play well past 35 is a large leap to me including the interest of desire of a player to do that - not saying he would or wouldn’t, but based on age it’s a true risk you give up a lot for a guy you’ll have for 4 years, when you have the Draft capital to get your franchise QB for the next 12-15 years .....at probably about the same cost.

Edited by BigBuff423

10 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Very definitive from the guy who predicted 3-4 wins for the Bills this year

Ooo and my Bills prediction in offseason carries alot of weight on a Franchise QB from another team getting traded when the HC went there specifically because of said QB. 

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A healthy AL is not getting traded.  

An unhealthy one isnt either (thing called physicals)

On 2/1/2018 at 4:55 PM, Domdab99 said:

LOL why are any of you actually wanting this to happen? We don't even know if Luck will ever be able to play football again. Even if he's cleared, there's no way he's going to be at his peak. Why go after damaged goods? So stupid. 

ENTER Drew Brees!

Drew Brees started his professional career with the San Diego Chargers, earning the starting job in 2002 and making the Pro Bowl in 2004. Nine months after suffering a bad dislocation in his shoulder joint and a 360 degree tear of his labrum and rotator cuff, Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints as a free agent. He met immediate success in New Orleans, earning ten trips to the Pro Bowl and leading the Saints to their first Super Bowl in Super Bowl XLIV, a 31–17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

So stupid you say...

30 minutes ago, cd1 said:

ENTER Drew Brees!

So stupid you say...

Brees' surgeon called him a miracle and said he never expected him to return to 100%.

Brees also didn't play an entire year with a torn labrum, continuing to shred it and turn it into spaghetti.

Pre-injury Luck was amazing.

If he returns to even 85% he's a bonafide franchise QB.

I would love him.

I'm just not sure Indy jettisons him if he's even 70%.

1 hour ago, cd1 said:

ENTER Drew Brees!

So stupid you say...

Add in the fact that Brees didnt pass a physical in Miami and Saban was not able to sway the organization to sign him anyway.  They went with Culpepper.  Payton had the Dr on his medical staff in NO who performed the shoulder surgery and got Brees cleared in the physical.  If Brees went to Miami Saban is still in the NFL.

12 hours ago, horned dogs said:

Very definitive from the guy who predicted 3-4 wins for the Bills this year

Lot of people were wrong in the win prediction, but i would agree that Luck isn't going anywhere( I predicted 9 wins btw)

On 2/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, klos63 said:

Lot of people were wrong in the win prediction, but i would agree that Luck isn't going anywhere( I predicted 9 wins btw)

I've been away so catching up. You all are entitled to believe Luck is going nowhere. My opinion is that by draft day it could well be they've decided to move on from him and grab more picks. But', most of all, McDaniels may very well want to start with Josh Rosen.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:45 AM, BigBuff423 said:

No, they didn’t anticipate the success they had because they traded Watkins, Darby, Dareus and Ragland to gain picks for this year’s Draft. An obvious sign they were setting themselves up to make a big transition in 2018. And no, listen to Beane’s comments, the Bills are not in “win now” mode. 

Im ecstatic they won this year I really like McD as a coach, but it’s easy to see they achieved beyond their talent level (due to good coaching and team mentality). To me getting Luck is a sign they have adjusted their initial timeline - I’m just not convinced that’s accurate.

Also, to those saying he’s 28, you’re right but will be 29 when season starts. And presuming a guy to play well past 35 is a large leap to me including the interest of desire of a player to do that - not saying he would or wouldn’t, but based on age it’s a true risk you give up a lot for a guy you’ll have for 4 years, when you have the Draft capital to get your franchise QB for the next 12-15 years .....at probably about the same cost.

Those guys got traded because they did not have the team mindset. Trading them was one reason we did start winning.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:58 PM, JPP said:

Just saying.....if Luck is determined "healthy" why on earth would colts even entertain trading their franchise QB??

Because frankly at this point he's closer to Jay Cutler than Aaron Rodgers. I loved Andrew Luck when he came into the league, but he's really done nothing worth mentioning besides beat up on the worst division in football and get schooled in the playoffs.

49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because frankly at this point he's closer to Jay Cutler than Aaron Rodgers. I loved Andrew Luck when he came into the league, but he's really done nothing worth mentioning besides beat up on the worst division in football and get schooled in the playoffs.

This is just a lazy and inaccurate assessment.

His career record is 43-27. He’s had a 40 td season and another with 31. 3-3 in the playoffs with an appearance in the afc title game is hardly getting schooled. It’s also universally known he’s had little help from any other unit on his teams. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 5

On 2/1/2018 at 3:52 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

Thanks for the verification!  

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is just a lazy and inaccurate assessment.

His career record is 43-27. He’s had a 40 td season and another with 31. 3-3 in the playoffs with an appearance in the afc title game is hardly getting schooled. It’s also universally known he’s had little help from any other unit on his teams. 

And now he hasnt been healthy in 2 years with injuries to his throwing shoulder. There was a report a couple months ago that the injury was so bad some people were thinking he was done forever. If you could draft a kid in the top 5 (plus trade compensation) or roll the dice that he'll be fine as a new coach/GM what would you do?

20 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

And now he hasnt been healthy in 2 years with injuries to his throwing shoulder. There was a report a couple months ago that the injury was so bad some people were thinking he was done forever. If you could draft a kid in the top 5 (plus trade compensation) or roll the dice that he'll be fine as a new coach/GM what would you do?

Now this is solid reasoning to legitimately move on. Your first statement just wasn’t very accurate. This is a whole different can of worms here. And makes much more sense. 

On 2/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

Yeah, it's not as if he drafted Tebow. Oh, wait a minute ...  http://www.espn.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12461/mcdaniels-legacy-is-tebow

Seriously, though: McDaniels is an egotist. He shares that with many great coaches, as well as with many total failures as NFL coaches. He is the kind of guy who could very easily say give me Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield (they have the 3rd overall pick) and I'll shape him into the NFL QB I want. That way he'd get full credit for a Colts resurgence rather than sharing it with the triumphant return of Andrew Luck.

Or maybe we could sweeten the deal by including Nathan Peterman ...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 due to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.

Feb 6 - 9:19 PM

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

He can learn to throw left handed and still be better than Tyrod

If he can complete 62-63% of his passes and have the lowest INT percentage ever left-handed I will be impressed!! 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

As soon as Josh McDaniels backed out of the Colts' head-coaching job on Tuesday night, rumors began to swirl that McDaniels may know something about Luck's shoulder that the public does not. We doubt that's the case, but the concern around Luck is legitimate after he missed all of 2017 due to complications from right shoulder surgery. Luck needs to start throwing again ASAP to squash the rumors, and they're not going to go away until he does so.

The Luck situation is clearly a major factor. I think that the likeliest scenario though is the Pats gave him a big bump and appointed him HC after BB retires. 

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he can complete 62-63% of his passes and have the lowest INT percentage ever left-handed I will be impressed!! 

The Luck situation is clearly a major factor. I think that the likeliest scenario though is the Pats gave him a big bump and appointed him HC after BB retires. 

I think Belichick is retiring soon, like in the next few days. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That would shock me but them coming to a behind closed doors agreement that 2018 is his last ride would not at all. 

Agreed..

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So you're saying Luck can be as good as tyrod playing with his left hand?

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Did Josh sign a contract with Indy?   

Does he have the right to see "privileged medical information" on Luck before the hire was official? 

EDIT -  No contract was signed

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

@kdiggz said that. It feels like hyperbole to me.

Lol.

It was a joke since Tyrod's biggest supporters reference his NFL career low int% and his good comp%

:)

38 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did Josh sign a contract with Indy?   

Does he have the right to see "privileged medical information" on Luck before the hire was official? 

He didn't sign a contract from what ESPN reported last I saw.

I'm sure the medical info was discussed in talks with the ownership/etc.

I wonder if that violated any HIPAA laws.

I'm not really buying the Luck injury is worse than McDaniels originally thought narrative. The Colts still have the #3 pick. He could have selected the QB of the future.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Yea, not buying it. They still have the #3 pick. He could have gone there and selected a new QB. There are plenty of QBs to select from in this draft. If he only wants to go to a team with a proven QB, he's an even worse coach than originally thought.

It's a weak excuse.

Edited by Wayne Cubed