Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The claim that his was the only qb that Rex's defense fooled is simply not true. Man, just a couple of weeks later, they absolutely smothered Miami and won 41-14. 

Your hate of Luck, is very strong, and frankly borders on trolldom at this point. When he starts, the bad franchise he plays for wins a fair bit more than it loses. If healthy (and fwiw I think he will be), he would quite possibly end up being the best qb in team history. He's certainly likely to be better than Bledsoe/Fergy/Flutie. As for Kelly, who knows, but it is the case that Jimbo really only had 2-3 truly elite seasons in his career (1990, 1991, and I'd add 1995 given the situation).

having said all of this, I don't see the trade ever happening. The one wild card is that Luck might be demanding to get out given how Indy handled the injury situation.

Seeing that Luck has not delivered 10% of what he was promised to deliver does not equal hate.  8 years after he was touted as a can't miss franchise builder by scouts, people see him that way stil, but the Colts have missed all supposedly inevitable targets.

I like Luck.  He seems like a REALLY good dude.  Amazon is a good company.  . Would you buy a share of Amazon stock for a million dollars or would you pay based on actual value?

If the browns take sam or someone else and the giants skip qb could we see a draft day trade of luck? they take rosen rosen 3 and we give them our 2 firsts and next years first and they load around rosen?  That's the only scenario I see this happening. 

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

Isn't the mistakes the Colts made was not building up on offence and getting Luck killed? I think the defense wouldn't be a priority going into next season.

correct. bolster both lines through the draft and fa this season and next. which they'll be doing anyway regardless of the trade or not.

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

If the browns take sam or someone else and the giants skip qb could we see a draft day trade of luck? they take rosen rosen 3 and we give them our 2 firsts and next years first and they load around rosen?  That's the only scenario I see this happening. 

2 firsts and next year's first is way too much.  i think our extra first plus a player like Glenn should be enough.  we would be taking on a big contract as well so that helps free up cap space for them

19 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Brees had a torn labrum. That's what it sounds like Luck has from the reports I've seen.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are right. Brees’ injury was very, very, very similar to Luck’s. The Dolphins took Culpepper over him for fear of him never recovering.

Yeah Bree's surgeon was quoted as saying his recovery to even throw a football again, let alone be elite, was nothing short of a miracle.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Seeing that Luck has not delivered 10% of what he was promised to deliver does not equal hate.  8 years after he was touted as a can't miss franchise builder by scouts, people see him that way stil, but the Colts have missed all supposedly inevitable targets.

I like Luck.  He seems like a REALLY good dude.  Amazon is a good company.  . Would you buy a share of Amazon stock for a million dollars or would you pay based on actual value?

He has played 3 full seasons at 11-5 record each, went 10-12 over 1.5 seasons playing through injuries, including a full season last year with the torn labrum.

He's still holding 43-27 career record, while averaging 4300 yards, 32td and 16int over a 16 game season INCLUDING averaging in the injured years.

You can say all you want that luck might not recover, that you are fearful of the injury history, that's all valid.

You're completely clueless if you think he was anywhere near a bust pre injury.

9 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

2 firsts and next year's first is way too much.  i think our extra first plus a player like Glenn should be enough.  we would be taking on a big contract as well so that helps free up cap space for them

Luck has hall of fame type talent. you're not getting him for a 1 and a guy. just not happening. I'm not trading glenn if he's healthy. and thats the only way he gets traded. Luck, with shady and a great line would shred the league. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

Luck has hall of fame type talent. you're not getting him for a 1 and a guy. just not happening. I'm not trading glenn if he's healthy. and thats the only way he gets traded. Luck, with shady and a great line would shred the league. 

if he was healthy I would agree but I think his health is too much in question to give up that much.  if they are deciding to move on from him then they have already made up their mind and they will have to accept what the market offers.  i don't think this is like another player where they are like would you do this for this and they are like hmm maybe.  changing out the QB is a big decision and once they go down that road there's no going back.  i think they will have a hard time finding a team willing to trade away that much for a player that hasn't proven he is healthy yet

Luck is always my 1st QB I pick in FF. Alabama has a better defense than the Colts and their O-Line is a joke. You put a team around Luck and protect him with a good O-Line and you will see Luck break offensive records.

My focus in the draft with Luck would be constantly drafting O-Line and offensive weapons.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

if he was healthy I would agree but I think his health is too much in question to give up that much.  if they are deciding to move on from him then they have already made up their mind and they will have to accept what the market offers.  i don't think this is like another player where they are like would you do this for this and they are like hmm maybe.  changing out the QB is a big decision and once they go down that road there's no going back.  i think they will have a hard time finding a team willing to trade away that much for a player that hasn't proven he is healthy yet

if glenn isn't healthy he isn't tradeable. so saying you would trade him to the colts means he's healthy. 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if glenn isn't healthy he isn't tradeable. so saying you would trade him to the colts means he's healthy. 

Lawson could be another guy that might add if there was any concern about Glenn.  sounds like the Bills are shopping both

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

If this happens I will line my house with McBeane posters and just fap away all day. Find a way to bring Kuechly here as well and I might die from overfapping

You want guys with serious injuries on this team? Kuechly has had 3 bad concussions already and Luck hasn't thrown pain free in over a year

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

But his cap number really isn't that bad. It's squarely in line with good veteran qbs. That's what I don't get in your line of thinking. His cap numbers for the next four years are $18, million, $21 million, $22 million, and $21 million. The cap goes up a fair bit every year, you know, so the flatness of the final three years means it's a relative decline. Fox just agreed to massively increase the amount of money they pay the NFL annually too.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

But his cap number really isn't that bad. It's squarely in line with good veteran qbs. That's what I don't get in your line of thinking. His cap numbers for the next four years are $18, million, $21 million, $22 million, and $21 million. The cap goes up a fair bit every year, you know, so the flatness of the final three years means it's a relative decline. Fox just agreed to massively increase the amount of money they pay the NFL annually too.  

If he's healthy, which seems to be still very much in question, you absolutely want Luck if Colts are willing to deal.  Seems to me they would only be willing, however, if health is going to be an on-going issue.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Who is "NFL Chatter"? Have they broke anything before? Who are their "Sources"?

About Us

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about NFL Chatter Website.

‘NFL Chatter’ is a privately run website with a love of the NFL. The ‘NFL Chatter’ team are dedicated to bring you all the News and Rumors in the world of the NFL.

We encourage you to get involved by leaving comments on our site and interacting with us.

We want your views whether you agree or disagree with us – Good old banter between League fans is the whole point of this site. That’s the beauty of the NFL – everyone has an opinion – and we are just as passionate as you!

DISCLAIMER

‘NFL Chatter’ is NOT affiliated with the National Football League (NFL) or any of the teams. The website is not endorsed by the NFL either.

‘NFL Chatter’ is a public website accessed by public users. While the ‘NFL Chatter’ team makes every effort to monitor the website, opinions expressed within the website are not the opinions of ours at ‘NFL Chatter’.

zsn4zr.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I find it hard to believe that the Colts would trade Luck with McDaniels coming in but maybe Josh wants to start with his own qb, and want more cap space for talent around him.

If this is actually a possibility I 100% support trading a 1st a second (or maybe 2 seconds) and/or a player to get this done.

I may even think about a 1st this year and 1st next year.

Just now, Dr. Who said:

If he's healthy, which seems to be still very much in question, you absolutely want Luck if Colts are willing to deal.  Seems to me they would only be willing, however, if health is going to be an on-going issue.

My sense is that he'll eventually be 100 percent. They deliberately took it slow, in part because I think Luck was extremely pissed at the team for how they handled it initially. Luck's relationship with the organization is ultimately the wild card in all of this.  He may demand to get out, and it may the be the case that McDaniels doesn't want to deal with this sort of situation. They can trade Luck for picks 21 and 22, and then draft a QB at 3 in what is the best QB draft in years. That's not a bad plan for a new coach. 

Also, the fact that he doesn't appear to need another surgery is pretty big news. That news just came out. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

A healthy Luck at a much lower hit than Cousins would be perfect.  It would take a NO style roll of the dice.  Brees did not pass a physical at Miami and Saban couldnt  get the organization to clear him.  Payton took him as is and the rest is history.  A 1st and a 3rd with a conditional pick next year.  If Luck plays 50% of the snap a 3rd.  80%  goes to a second.  Make the probowl it is a 1st.  Indy at 3 could decided to move on get a top Qb and build the roster around them added cap space and draft picks.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mrbojanglezs said:

I find it hard to believe that the Colts would trade Luck with McDaniels coming in but maybe Josh wants to start with his own qb, and want more cap space for talent around him.

If this is actually a possibility I 100% support trading a 1st a second (or maybe 2 seconds) and/or a player to get this done.

I think they'd have to trade 21 and 22 for an elite QB like Luck. That's the price one has to pay. The Bills specifically got that extra pick last year to deal with the QB situation in 2018, after all. They are NOT going to avoid seeking a huge upgrade at the position. Beane said as much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I think they'd have to trade 21 and 22 for an elite QB like Luck. That's the price one has to pay. The Bills specifically got that extra pick last year to deal with the QB situation in 2018, after all. They are NOT going to avoid seeking a huge upgrade at the position. Beane said as much.

Id like to hold onto at least 1 first this year but I would be ok with 1st & 2nd this year + future 1st, and player(s)

If I think Luck is healthy, I'm trading 21 and 22 all day.   Just for comparison, I think Luck is much better than Kirk, he's two years younger than Cousins and his cap hit is going to be millions less than the contract Cousins will get.  

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If I think Luck is healthy, I'm trading 21 and 22 all day.   Just for comparison, I think Luck is much better than Kirk, he's two years younger than Cousins and his cap hit is going to be millions less than the contract Cousins will get.  

1 year younger but yes better and slightly cheaper

• Like (+1) 1

Its a unique situation but also the coach hasn't had a chance to evaluate the team and set his own plan into place.  They have a good position in the draft but have a wide range of needs and not alot of cap space.  If the coach is who everyone expects he very well may like Brissett and be fine with him as a placeholder to develop a rookie.  If they move Luck early on in the league year they can add much more help during FA with the added cap space.  Do you gamble Luck is back to what he was and build around him?  If he is not his market will never be higher than now and they would be stuck with a massive contract.  That is as boom or bust as taking Mayfield Rosen, Darnold, or Allen but for significantly less financial obligations to at least sure up the rest of the roster.  I 100% believe that it will be a major discussion for them and If the right offer comes calling it could sway it.  To me it will be one of the main stories to follow this off-season.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

About Us

Thank you for taking the time to learn more about NFL Chatter Website.

‘NFL Chatter’ is a privately run website with a love of the NFL. The ‘NFL Chatter’ team are dedicated to bring you all the News and Rumors in the world of the NFL.

We encourage you to get involved by leaving comments on our site and interacting with us.

We want your views whether you agree or disagree with us – Good old banter between League fans is the whole point of this site. That’s the beauty of the NFL – everyone has an opinion – and we are just as passionate as you!

DISCLAIMER

‘NFL Chatter’ is NOT affiliated with the National Football League (NFL) or any of the teams. The website is not endorsed by the NFL either.

‘NFL Chatter’ is a public website accessed by public users. While the ‘NFL Chatter’ team makes every effort to monitor the website, opinions expressed within the website are not the opinions of ours at ‘NFL Chatter’.

zsn4zr.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1958+950+E,+Provo,+UT+84606/@40.2068186,-111.6422746,3a,75y,260.82h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sy2UCRUkUBgIXieEMozf7VA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x874d97732ef6ae03:0x7d4ec38b4903c711!8m2!3d40.2067457!4d-111.6429007

Looks like a commercial building of some sort. Some strange dudes posting while at work?

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Completely anonymous linking of rumors with no further corroboration.  Definitely suspect.

46 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

A healthy Luck at a much lower hit than Cousins would be perfect.  It would take a NO style roll of the dice.  Brees did not pass a physical at Miami and Saban couldnt  get the organization to clear him.  Payton took him as is and the rest is history.  A 1st and a 3rd with a conditional pick next year.  If Luck plays 50% of the snap a 3rd.  80%  goes to a second.  Make the probowl it is a 1st.  Indy at 3 could decided to move on get a top Qb and build the roster around them added cap space and draft picks.  

Yeah I'm a PT

I deal with sports injuries daily

I'm very wary of Luck

I'm very wary of our medical staff and their history of player evaluation

I'm also completely tired of not "going big or going home" in regards to our QB situation

Really I've come to the point where I'm throwing my hands up and saying "what the f*ck ? Let's get Luck"

If it goes poorly I would be sad, but less upset than if we didn't swing for the fences and stayed Pat at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

It's conceivable that McDaniels likes Brisset,or one of the rookies. Unlikely,but within the realm of possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah I'm a PT

I'm very wary of Luck

I'm also completely tired of not "going big or going home" in regards to our QB situation

Really I've come to the point where I'm throwing my hands up and saying "what the f*ck ? Let's get Luck"

If it goes poorly I would be sad, but less upset than if we didn't swing for the fences and stayed Pat at QB.

I agree.  If its not Luck ok but go get a guy.  Not just be content with what is left.

29 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

It's conceivable that McDaniels likes Brisset,or one of the rookies. Unlikely,but within the realm of possibility.

Add in the risk reward with Luck or the risk reward with a draft pick it is interesting.  Now put 80 mil on Luck or 25 mil on the draft pick that levels the field even more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Think about it! The Colts have the #3 pick overall and could land whichever QB the Browns don't pick. Not to mention that the Brownies don't have a track record of ever getting it right. They could have had Mitchell Turbisky, Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson last year and passed on all of them. 

Should the Colts trade Luck for a bunch of picks Josh McDaniels could groom whichever rookie QB he wants (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen) and with those extra picks build a solid team around that new QB. 

The only way this works out is if Luck is completely healthy and if he is I'd find it hard to believe that the Broncos wouldn't get their Elway involved. 

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah I'm a PT

I'm very wary of Luck

Seriously, what the heck is going on with our medical staff? I'm baffled by the amount of players we consistently rush back from injury who then are later put on IR or have to sit out for weeks. It's like they have ZERO judgement of when a player is recovered enough to play.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Think about it! The Colts have the #3 pick overall and could land whichever QB the Browns don't pick. Not to mention that the Brownies don't have a track record of ever getting it right. They could have had Mitchell Turbisky, Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson last year and passed on all of them. 

Should the Colts trade Luck for a bunch of picks Josh McDaniels could groom whichever rookie QB he wants (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen) and with those extra picks build a solid team around that new QB. 

The only way this works out is if Luck is completely healthy and if he is I'd find it hard to believe that the Broncos wouldn't get their Elway involved. 

Imagine if they traded Luck and then both Cleveland and the Giants picked QBs in front of them...they'd be trading a franchise QB for the 3rd QB in the class.  It wouldn't be whichever QB he wants.

Which is why, IMO, the trade of Luck wouldn't happen until--at the earliest--the Colts are on the clock.  More likely, they'd make their pick (assuming the QB that they want is there), then trade Luck to someone else in time to make their other pick(s) in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I am Colts, trading Luck could be in my best interest. 

They have a new coach coming in - who presumably is familiar with Brisset. So there is a comfort factor for the new coach. They can still draft a qb third overall and groom him accordingly. 

The additional incoming multiple picks and players acquired (Glenn for example) are immediate upgrades at different positions. Taking Luck's cap hit off the books also leaves money to be active in free agency.  

While Brisset might be the opening day starter, they would have conceivably upgraded multiple starter positions while still having their QB of the future. 

If I am a Colts fan, that's a lot of positive change for my team during the offseason. I'd be very excited about the future: New coach, new QB to pin my hopes on, upgraded roster through the draft and free agency. 

So as a franchise, the trading of Luck is an easy sell to the fan base. 

3 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

He has played 3 full seasons at 11-5 record each, went 10-12 over 1.5 seasons playing through injuries, including a full season last year with the torn labrum.

He's still holding 43-27 career record, while averaging 4300 yards, 32td and 16int over a 16 game season INCLUDING averaging in the injured years.

You can say all you want that luck might not recover, that you are fearful of the injury history, that's all valid.

You're completely clueless if you think he was anywhere near a bust pre injury.

The winning records came it what was literally the worst division in the history of football.

The Colts lost on purpose to get him and then let go of an all time great with Super Bowls in his FUTURE to clear a spot.  He cost them a lot and would cost us a ton of picks too.

I don't think I have ever called him a bust.  He is not Ryan Leaf.  But he had the highest expectations of anyone ever coming out of college.  He has come nowhere close to meeting them.  8 years later Emperor Luck is still having everyone tell him his new clothes look awesome.