Predict which team will sign Kirk Cousins (Poll)

YoloinOhio

Who will sign Cousins?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins will sign with...

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vikings stable is full of FA rent-a-hosses, two with sore legs.

It all depends upon what they really think of Keenum and of Bridgewater and his recovery.   Keenum's the same age as Cousins.

They could very well have him as The Guy, and shop some others, no doubt! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They could very well have him as The Guy, and shop some others, no doubt! 

Hoping to not condescend, but there seems to be confusion here.

FA means "free agent".  It means the player can shop himself to anyone anywhere around the league.

The Vikes are shopping FOR a QB, not shopping QB - unless they got one they like to slap a tag onto and he signs it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hoping to not condescend, but there seems to be confusion here.

FA means "free agent".  It means the player can shop himself to anyone anywhere around the league.

The Vikes are shopping FOR a QB, not shopping QB - unless they got one they like to slap a tag onto and he signs it.

No, maybe just a misunderstanding. I’m talking about shopping leftovers if they manage to sign Cousins. I don’t know the contract status of the existing 3. Gotta run right now...

I’m back. Maybe it would have been more clear if I phrased it “see him as The Guy”, but i was thinking more of their wish list, and “have him” at the top. If they get Cousins, how many of the others are still under contract, and what might they fetch if shopped around? THAT is what I was trying to get at in a hurry. 

Edited by Augie

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets because:

OC Jeremy Bates is Mike Shanahan/Kyle Shanahan/Sean McVay disciple and Cousins loves him

mega cap space 

Sparty colors B-)

Average to decent team just missing a QB and a few pieces, not a constantly terrible team like Cleveland 

I get the impression that he's tired of the big market feel of DC. I don't think he ends up in NY.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I get the impression that he's tired of the big market feel of DC. I don't think he ends up in NY.

Just posted in the other thread....FWIW

Breer has the Jets as the leader in the Cousins chase, Denver a close second. As most have speculated Kirk is excited to be the guy, he won't be going to a team who wants to draft a 1st round QB behind him. He wants to be "loved"

Saying the hold up with Denver is their salary cap, they are so tight that they may lose key players by trying to fit Cousins in. (Talib, Wolfe, Manny)

Decent interview. Buffalo was mentioned but he didn't get excited about it or provide any depth.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:11 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

Cleveland backs up the brinks truck and drafts Barkley.

A ton of cap room, Duke Johnson, Crowell, Josh Gordon, the best LT in football, Myles Garrett and Jabrill on defense and picks 1, 4, 33, 35, 63 and 65 in the draft, with a legit GM in Dorsey.

I would seriously consider Cleveland if I'm Kirk, but Cleveland is in the most ideal situation EVER to get their guy in the draft.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A ton of cap room, Duke Johnson, Crowell, Josh Gordon, the best LT in football, Myles Garrett and Jabrill on defense and picks 1, 4, 33, 35, 63 and 65 in the draft, with a legit GM in Dorsey.

I would seriously consider Cleveland if I'm Kirk, but Cleveland is in the most ideal situation EVER to get their guy in the draft.

Not sure what he thinks of Hue and now Todd Haley though. Only problem, I can see. But they can easily give him the most up front money.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crowell is a free agent and Jabrill was pretty terrible as a rookie. Cleveland has some serious talent there already though; the defense will probably be above-average next season and on offense, they have one of the best O-Lines in football, Josh Gordon, Duke Johnson, David Njoku, and whatever they can get out of the injury-prone Corey Coleman. If they play their cards right this offseason, they can be a very competitive team next year and signing Cousins would go a long way to making that happen.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crowell sucks and is an FA who will be gone. Peppers also sucks and Greggggg is still there to play him 30 yards off the LOS. They have some young talent like Jamie Collins, Garrett and Duke and a pretty good OL if Joe Thomas doesn’t retire, but they are so young and inexperienced I think they are years away from making a serious playoff run and remember Cousins is already pushing 30. 1-31 with the same HC coming back isn’t real attractive. Most of all though, I think he avoids the Browns because of ownership. If he wasn’t comfortable in DC he won’t be comfortable with how things are run in Cleveland. Jmo

its in the Browns best interest though to just draft a guy at #1. It’s a good year to do it, they gave two of the top 4 picks, and there is no need to feel they are “a QB away” - they are further than that and are building from the ground up. I do think that Dorsey may feel pressure to try to win right now after all these years of bottom feeding so it will be tempting. He created that pressure himself by coming in and declaring that he expects to challenge for the division right away. In the end I expect them to trade for or sign AJ mccarron depending on his pending UFA status/grievance and draft Darnold at #1. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah. I think it's a much better fit for him with a Denver, Buffalo, Arizona, or Minnesota.

I just (re)read a story and it mentioned Denver and its rotating coaches and QB's over the past few years.   There really isn't a lot of stability there and a cause for concern for a non-elite QB.   It also mentioned Denvers Cap ...  $28,498,793 

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

Browns have the cap room to sign Cousins then trade down from #1 and maybe #4  to do a real rebuild under Dorsey. 

Would you want to play for Cleveland?    I hardly doubt Kirk is that desperate.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just (re)read a story and it mentioned Denver and its rotating coaches and QB's over the past few years.   There really isn't a lot of stability there and a cause for concern for a non-elite QB.   It also mentioned Denvers Cap ...  $28,498,793 

I also think Vance Joseph  is a dead man walking. They were ready to fire him after 1 season before someone convinced elway to give him another year. I also don’t think they Defense is that great anymore and their OL is trash. 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

or sign Cousins, keep 1 and 4 and draft great players

This is what they should do. The last thing they need is more draft picks. They need better players, not more rookies. Only way they should trade down is if it is for a vet player in his prime (ie mo wilk)

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think Elway convinces Cousins to come to Denver much like he did with Peyton Manning. I think the “aura” of Elway will carry a lot of weight in these discussions. Minnesota would be my back up prediction. 

Denver has less cap space than Buffalo does.  

Elway can't help himself from switching QB;s and changing coaches on a whim. 

22 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think Elway convinces Cousins to come to Denver much like he did with Peyton Manning. I think the “aura” of Elway will carry a lot of weight in these discussions. Minnesota would be my back up prediction. 

That has been my opinion with Elway in that he was "one of them" and gets a little more respect than a guy who was working on his MBA at age 22 instead of prepping for the NLF draft.  

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, a couple days ago I would have bet money on it being the Jets even though I feel like Broncos should be his choice.  

But today...I think Minnesota is going to go all in on getting him.  All their QB's are set to be UFA now...and they got cap room...and they instantly become a LEGIT Super Bowl threat on a mostly young team.  It makes the most sense for both sides...and I think Cousins would take LESS money to play there and turn down bigger offers because he can and will win there.  Not to mention a dome for 8 games a year and a very good roster.

Answer:  Minnesota - Perfect fit on both sides.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:53 AM, Doc Brown said:

I think he goes where the most money is regardless of team preference.  I'd prefer him out of our division, but I think the Jets is the landing spot with all their cap room. 

He already said money isnt going to be the deciding factor.  I think he might turn down more money and take less to sign with a team with a good to great roster like Minny, Jax, or AZ.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2018 at 10:45 AM, Jay_Fixit said:

Been saying he’ll go to Minnesota. And he should.

I think he is a lock there already.

Published: Feb. 26, 2018 at 09:01 p.m.
Updated: Feb. 27, 2018 at 07:34 a.m.

Vikings intend to make strong push for Kirk Cousins

0ap1000000222748.jpg
Chris Wessiling
Around the NFL Writer

In the wake of Monday's news that impending free agent Case Keenum is unlikely to draw the franchise tag in Minnesota, attention immediately turned to Kirk Cousins

Edited by xRUSHx

On 1/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Beef on Weck said:

A few months ago, while channel surfing, I stopped at TBN (religious channel)  to view a discussion.

One of the speakers was none other than Kirk Cousins. 

He is deeply religious and I later told my son I could see him wanting to come to work with Coach Sean McDermott because of that religious belief connection.  My son said "Dad stop dreaming -Washington will never let him go." 

I voted Buffalo because, in spite of what many think, there is more to these decisions than money.

i mentioned in another thread that i wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this off. orchard park would be much like his home town

and he may view this team in this division as an opportunity to really make a legacy for himself. maybe he would consider what it would mean to this city and fanbase.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i mentioned in another thread that i wouldn't be surprised if they pulled this off. orchard park would be much like his home town

and he may view this team in this division as an opportunity to really make a legacy for himself. maybe he would consider what it would mean to this city and fanbase.

He is from Holland, MI correct? 

Basically I broke it down like this:

Denver- Good D and some weapons on offense but tough division, some cap tightness, and coach isn't very great. Also isn't Cousins the 3rd best QB in this division behind Rivers & Carr? I think he wants somewhere that offers more favorable schedule.

Arizona- Defense is good, offense has weapons, stadium is awesome plus indoors, and Wilks looks like a strong coach given the staff he has. But this division is turning into an arms race again and not a single game divisionaly would be necessarily easy compared to playing in AFC or NFC North. Also with Fitzgerald playing for only another year they need more at WR.

Jets- More cap space then the Bills but more holes and same situation as BUF being the AFC with Brady, PIT, AFC South etc.. The WR corp is a mess and Anderson's arrest only hurts more. The Jets to me feel more like a perfect spot for Darnold or Rosen to grow with a rebuilding roster not a win now type vet.

Cleveland- No one could offer a contract the size CLE could where they could front load the first two years $90 million strong and still have a ton of cap space. The defense has some real talent and should see an uptick this year. If your Cousins despite CLE reputation if they tell you your getting Saquon Barkley, Sammy Watkins, & Randall Cobb for instance to go with Josh Gordon, Duke Johnson, and David Njoku plus that mammoth contract and a division which after PIT is not imposing at all how many other teams really offer a better chance other than maybe MIN & JAX? True definition of darkhorse right here.

Jacksonville- JAX seems pretty set with Bortles short term especially after the recent contract extension. If there was one team in the AFC that felt like a perfect fit who could take on for real NE/PIT it would be JAX with Cousins but they don't seem interested enough.

Buffalo- We have a chance at Cousins with the draft picks being used to solidify the roster and some of the roster space. But he has to face Brady/BB twice plus you have PIT also waiting and an AFC South that quickly has some real teams with talent, I think he stays away from the AFC because of this. Also with all the moves McBeane has made I just don't see them doing something this aggressive.

Minnesota- Best roster of talent by any of the teams looking for a QB and even with GB/Rodgers the division is not imposing. Also NFC is wide open also which is why I picked the Vikings as Cousins landing spot especially with Keenum and Bridgewater most likely leaving.

• Like (+1) 1

Denver makes the most sense imo, the former QB, John Elway will take care of him, pretty sure they'll select a G or OT at pick 5, they already have 2 very reliable WR in Demarrius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders they just need someone to throw them the ball. The defense was still really good last year.. 3rd in the league in total yards allowed, 4th in passing yards allowed and 5th in rush yards allowed so they have decent pieces in place now they need the QB before the window closes with guys like Talib/Miller etc. 

I think it goes Minnesota- then Minnesota - followed closely by Minnesota.  I do not think NYJ or Cleveland because both of those coaching staffs are ready to be fired with the least bit of struggle.  I think Denver falls in that also - although Elway stabilizes the situation.

I think if Minnesota decides not to pursue and I can’t see that - the Buffalo is two, Denver is three and the NYJ and Cleveland only because of money, but I think both want to draft QBs and that is stupid if you sign Cousins.