Donald Jones to exit 'John Murphy Show'

ricojes

4 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

It’s better than nothing. I live out of state and listen often. Usually the next day.  It’s better than hearing about the Jets and Giants every day. 

Schopp and the bulldog, and Howard and Jeremy are much better programs, then the John Murphy Show.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Donald just confirmed on air he is leaving in 2 months to spend more time with his family in NJ and grandparents who are ill. Said he will still be in the Bill's organization.

I would like to see Murph also step down and give the show to Sal. C or one of the upcoming talents at WGR who could be more objective.

Talents? GR? Now that would be something new and fresh.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:26 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Capaccio would be a good replacement.

Indeed. I wonder if that puts a damper on him being mr fill in though. He has obviously risen through the ranks as it is and this would be a nice fit as he is already the beat guy. I can't picture his equivalent -Hamilton- on the instigators though...yeesh

Edited by gobills1212

Great...

Two old white guys who have no insight into the minds of or locker rooms of the modern players.

i guess Murph gets what he wants.  That is not having Donald shatter Murphy’s idealistic view of the sport and players doIng everything for “the love of the game and their fellow brothers”.  Plus anytime any union issues come up Murph won’t have to listen to a relatively young former player throwing shade all over his buddy Rodger.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

I'm a big fan of the show.  It's really the only Bills related show that I can listen to down here.  The only real problem I have with the show are the MANY clueless callers that phone in.  They just repeat the same thing over and over.  Murph has the patience of a saint to deal with them.

That said... I'm not sure how I feel about Tasker.  He's been kinda annoying the few times I've listened to him making a guest appearance.  (It sounds like he's eating all of the time.)

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Great...

Two old white guys who have no insight into the minds of or locker rooms of the modern players.

LOL.  And the ultimate "old white guy" is your avatar?    Like Arnie ever said anything insightful into the minds or locker rooms in today's PGA.   

Too funny...

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

LOL.  And the ultimate "old white guy" is your avatar?    Like Arnie ever said anything insightful into the minds or locker rooms in today's PGA.   

Too funny...

Did we look to Palmer for that insight?  I want award he hosted a 3 Hour golf show.  Please don’t associted my posts with your epic cluelessness.

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tasker says some strange things sometimes. Things that aren't true. He doesn't seem to have knowledge of the NFL in general or even the Bills. But I like him alright.

Murphy has gotten weirdly bitter this year and seems to have thin skin.

Donald Jones was a train wreck from day one. Every single time he started talking he would repeat word for word what John just said. Later on he started forming his own opinions, but you could always tell he knew nothing about the Bills or the NFL because he didn't do his homework.

I think Jones was basically asked to join the show. I don't think he had any ambition prior to the show of being a radio guy. He wasn't the best radio personality, but he did give some decent insight at times about football life, and he broke down offensive plays very well Imo. 

Murph is disconnected from reality. He is clueless when it comes to the young culture. He talks the same way guys would talk 25 years ago. Their is little fun in his radio show. Lorenzo and Donald actually gave the show a youthfulness that the show desperately needs. Tasker might be OK, but it's definitely gonna lose a bit of light humor that the show had with Jones 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Did we look to Palmer for that insight?  I want award he hosted a 3 Hour golf show.  Please don’t associted my posts with your epic cluelessness.

Off to the 19th hole you go...

31 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I think Jones was basically asked to join the show. I don't think he had any ambition prior to the show of being a radio guy. He wasn't the best radio personality, but he did give some decent insight at times about football life, and he broke down offensive plays very well Imo. 

Murph is disconnected from reality. He is clueless when it comes to the young culture. He talks the same way guys would talk 25 years ago. Their is little fun in his radio show. Lorenzo and Donald actually gave the show a youthfulness that the show desperately needs. Tasker might be OK, but it's definitely gonna lose a bit of light humor that the show had with Jones 

Tasker is Jones’ replacement? 

Donald is Horrible,  Murph Horrible, Tasker is brutally bad . This show needs a whole new cast and while there at it fire Murphy from brosdcasting gms he's lame can't even pretend to be good.  

Sal and Alexander give them the show or throw in a  old school guy like Daryll Talley.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Manther said:

I liked Donald Jones as a player.  I thought he got better with Murphy as the year went on.  He has potential.  

He was fine.  Understood the game from inside the locker room and from the other side of the agent.  None of the other guys seemed to have that perspective 

24 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Jones is a lot better, good insight

I stuck up for Jones early on, but tbh, he has horrible delivery, fails to frame simple questions in a coherent manner and makes conversation with interviewees seem downright awkward.  Sadly Murphy isn't much better.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

Yes, according to tweets anyway. Better him than Ruben brown. That dude could make a sloth fall asleep 

I didn’t see that but don’t really listen to the show. I don’t like him on the radio, at all. Very hard to listen to. 

27 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

I'm sure Murph is disappointed if it is Tasker. Murph was probably clinging to the possibilty that Mayor McCheese or The Burger King would get the gig, bringing with them all the gastronomic delights that they represent.

I did hear these guys finished a close second...

image.thumb.png.0521b7b3d5848e8d45210b2a5164aea7.png

5 hours ago, stony said:

I stuck up for Jones early on, but tbh, he has horrible delivery, fails to frame simple questions in a coherent manner and makes conversation with interviewees seem downright awkward.  Sadly Murphy isn't much better.   

Come on, Murphy interviews just fine. He asks good questions. Murphy's big problem is how thin skinned he is and his lack of NFL / football knowledge. He also tends to think Bills players are better than they actually are.

Jones just seems like he never tries. Never researches, always complains about having to be there, etc. You can tell Murphy really dislikes him because of that, and that makes the show downright awkward. It was better when it was just Murphy.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Come on, Murphy interviews just fine. He asks good questions. Murphy's big problem is how thin skinned he is and his lack of NFL / football knowledge. He also tends to think Bills players are better than they actually are.

Jones just seems like he never tries. Never researches, always complains about having to be there, etc. You can tell Murphy really dislikes him because of that, and that makes the show downright awkward. It was better when it was just Murphy.

Time For Sal To Take Over And Let John Call The Games.

When Is Jones Leaving Anyway ?

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tasker is Jones’ replacement? 

Rather it was kelso, that guy has the goods when it comes to game diagnostics !!

Now SAL and Kelso would be a great show.

On 1/31/2018 at 12:22 PM, Steptide said:

No way Murph would ever step down. He'll do that show until his heart explodes 

It Might If He Doesnt Get That Weight Down.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

In my opinion, a good interview should sound like an informal conversation.  He seems rigid and stiff during them.  Not to mention, it sounds like he's reading a list of bullet points to his guests, not actually listening to their answers and thoughts.  FWIW, he had a tough act to follow after Van on the broadcast,  and I think he's done a good job on that front. 

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Tasker says some strange things sometimes. Things that aren't true. He doesn't seem to have knowledge of the NFL in general or even the Bills. But I like him alright.

Murphy has gotten weirdly bitter this year and seems to have thin skin.

Donald Jones was a train wreck from day one. Every single time he started talking he would repeat word for word what John just said. Later on he started forming his own opinions, but you could always tell he knew nothing about the Bills or the NFL because he didn't do his homework.

I am thankful that there is a few hours dedicated to the Bills but I feel the same way about Murph as you stated.

It really gets annoying when Murph uses passive aggressive tone when he disagrees with someone.  He doesn't like confrontation with callers he disagrees with so he becomes kinda a pansy about it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

Donald was mediocre.

Tasker is bad.

chris brown, kelso, carrucci, sal, Rueben brown would all be better

Chris Brown is dreadful to listen to!  He is the worst

As far as the other names - I don’t think the job pays well enough for either of them to take it.  It’s 5 days a week for a salary that’s probably not great. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Chris Brown is dreadful to listen to!  He is the worst

As far as the other names - I don’t think the job pays well enough for either of them to take it.  It’s 5 days a week for a salary that’s probably not great. 

I disagree. I like Brown.