Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

troll troll troll troll troll....

total and utter crap, although I really hope they trade up for Darnold.

Peterman sucks.  McDermott and Beane know it. 

Change your username.

You don't get to say Peterman just "sucks" after you lived as Tyrod's shield acting like people are to hard on him.

Edited by Lfod

7 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

This actually makes sense to me. 

It's Darnold or Rosen or nothing in this draft IMO.

They are absolutely going to sign/trade for a veteran starter/bridge QB regardless of what they do in the draft. They like obviously like Peterman.

As for your source, I don't know, but I do know that some people have inside info.

“Liking” Peterman, and being “all in” on Peterman are two different things. They didn’t like Cardale, he’s gone. They do like Peterman, seeing as they drafted him, and he gets to stay. “All in” means to me they believe he has a good chance to develop  into the franchise qb and they won’t bother upgrading in the draft (unless they can get Sam Darnold). Two different things.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Love Darnold.

They're Stupid for  not liking Mayfield.

Peterman Is Not Philip Rivers with more upside.

We are not replacing all 3 LBs.

They want Kyle back and have said so a million times. Hes coming back.

I didn't say NP is PR, I said that sources out west have compared Darnold to Rivers (with more upside) and I see that as well.

I think the only chance of KW coming back will be a Bills friendly deal, meaning he might not have a guaranteed salary or even make it through camp. The guy is finished and proved it last year but I'm glad he at least saw a playoff game.

Also why would you think it's no conceivable we replace all 3 LB's? I like Studlano and he's going to be here regardless next year, but Alexander is not going to be starting at LB next year if he's still on the roster and Preston Brown has always been overrated because of the high tackle numbers because teams run right through us since he's been here.

This is classic stuff. I love having SaviorPeterman posting for the amusement for us and for how serious he takes himself. I would miss him if he ever had too many high level business meetings that kept him from posting again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I watched him pretty closely. He came in late in the playoff game too. He bobbled a snap, fumbled on a run, took an intentional grounding penalty and then got picked. He was great other than that. I wish more people paid attention to how great he was when given the chance!! The guy completed almost half of his pass attempts. We need to build around him!!

If you want to get technical, 59.6% of his passes were caught by someone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

And on the flipside, he came in on a 4th and 3 play against the best defense in the NFL on their home field under 2 minutes to play and converted that play regardless of the out of bounds fumble that had zero impact on the outcome of that play.

Also completed a nice pass right after and we all know the INT should not have stood.

And for everybody that keeps looking at the Chargers game, what about the Colts game? We don't win that one without Peterman especially if Joe Webb was the starter from the opening snap. Which means we don't make the playoffs either.

Bottom line is I trust professionals opinions on NP, both inside and outside Buffalo, who are still very high on NP and see his long term franchise QB potential.

I don’t trust any professionals that are high on Peterman. I also don’t believe that any are high on him. It’s entirely possible that he is not in the NFL this year.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Like I’ve stated, I actually live out west and know the same sources as you. 

They have told me in confidence that they give you fake info so you can blab about it on the many message boards you frequent.

In fact, one of the guys calls you SaviorPeedonman. Man do we share laughs.

Is this for real??  

45 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

No, it doesn't

43 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No dunkirk don troll nonsense Teef, those that know me are familar with my past work in the Pac 10 (now Pac 12). And I'm still in regular contact with insiders out west which is why I know about Darnold and what teams covet him.

Also this is from the same source that broke the Brian Gaine story I posted here a while back (search the forum for proof).

Regardless, I'm confident in my sources and most or all of this information coming to fruition in the coming weeks and months.

I know you don't like me 26 - but just this morning on Joe Buscalia's podcast they speculated the only QB's that McD and Beane would target are Darnold and Rosen because they fit 'the process' and what they'd be looking for.

Either way I'm not saying this information is gospel. Just wanted wanted to stop by and share what I learned with fellow Bills fans, especially those who have been sending me PM's wonder where I've been lately. Been super busy but hopefully will post more soon.

Rosen does not fit the process.

47 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I inquired about Alex Smith but no word on if Bills are interested in him or what veteran they might look at. Certainly will be a lot of decent options out there including MN's crop of former 1st round picks.

Either way if we don't get Darnold it makes sense to stick with NP given his potential and untapped upside. Still think with a great offseason and if Daboll is the right OC he's going to take off in 2018 and beyond.

Wouldn't ' potential and untapped upside' be the same thing?

Just now, SaviorPeterman said:

No this cat is trolling. He has no clue who I am or who I'm connected to.

he's a non-believer

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I didn't say NP is PR, I said that sources out west have compared Darnold to Rivers (with more upside) and I see that as well.

I think the only chance of KW coming back will be a Bills friendly deal, meaning he might not have a guaranteed salary or even make it through camp. The guy is finished and proved it last year but I'm glad he at least saw a playoff game.

Also why would you think it's no conceivable we replace all 3 LB's? I like Studlano and he's going to be here regardless next year, but Alexander is not going to be starting at LB next year if he's still on the roster and Preston Brown has always been overrated because of the high tackle numbers because teams run right through us since he's been here.

Unless they bring in free agents they aren't drafting 3 starting linebackers.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Unless they bring in free agents they aren't drafting 3 starting linebackers.

I'm sure that's the plan, I don't expect 'big splash' FA signings but the Bills have money to spend and will certainly look for key veterans on defense (yes including some Carolina guys) they can bring in on 2nd tier type of deals.

If we stay put in the first round and don't land Darnold, pretty sure DT, DE and LB will be on the table with our back to back picks unless their is a guy they can't resist based on their draft board even if it's at a position that's not a priority need.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Liking” Peterman, and being “all in” on Peterman are two different things. They didn’t like Cardale, he’s gone. They do like Peterman, seeing as they drafted him, and he gets to stay. “All in” means to me they believe he has a good chance to develop  into the franchise qb and they won’t bother upgrading in the draft (unless they can get Sam Darnold). Two different things.

I don't see it that way. I think they like Darnold as a prospect much better than Peterman(probably have Rosen higher also).  But if they cant get at either of those guys, they are going to work the draft and not get blinded by the other QBs.  IMO the 2nd tier QBs arent anything special.

All in on Peterman, to me, means that they are going to sign a bridge veteran like a McCown, Moore, or Drew Stanton and see if Peterman can beat him out in camp and give him the season. And then go from there.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If you want to get technical, 59.6% of his passes were caught by someone.

Lol.   Well,  when you have an interception rate in the double digits , the completion rate does get a significant bump when you count members of the opposing team as legit catchers .

Just now, BrooklynBills said:

I don't see it that way. I think they like Darnold as a prospect much better than Peterman(probably have Rosen higher also).  But if they cant get at either of those guys, they are going to work the draft and not get blinded by the other QBs.  IMO the 2nd tier QBs arent anything special.

All in on Peterman, to me, means that they are going to sign a bridge veteran like a McCown, Moore, or Drew Stanton and see if Peterman can beat him out in camp and give him the season. And then go from there.

That would be a horrible plan for a GM who has already said his #1 job as GM is to identify and acquire a franchise QB to make the Bills a perennial playoff contender.  The OP is trolling. 

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Lol.   Well,  when you have an interception rate in the double digits , the completion rate does get a significant bump when you count members of the opposing team as legit catchers .

He roughly completed one pass to the opposing team for every 4 completions to our team, fwiw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

I won't automatically dismiss anything because worst case it's entertaining, but here's what I don't get.

I don't think anyone thinks Darnold lasts past #6 overall at worst (unless there is something I don't know).  So to state they love Darnold but they want to keeps most of their picks or move up a little basically means it's Peterman in 2018.  "Staying put" or "moving up a little" and getting Darnold is basically 0%.  Or do you have reason to believe he could fall out of the top 15 somehow, cause I don't see that.

27 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You don't get to say Peterman just "sucks" after you lived as Tyrod's shield acting like people are to hard on him.

I do get to say that because... well, pretty sure it's a free country still... at least at the moment.

Besides, he does.  He's atrocious. 

Taylor doesn't suck.  He's just not a Franchise QB, which is why he'll be on another team next year if not this year.

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

Edited by Tatonka68

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter of a Monday night game. I guess he sucks too. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

He is a little league pitcher throwing from the high school mound. NO BUENO.

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

People put to much stock in his 1st game and throwing 5 INT's. IT WAS ONE GAME IDIOTS. Jim Kelly threw 3 INTS in the 1st quarter. I guess he sucks to. Not saying he is the answer, but give him a damn chance. 

So the Moral of the story is :    "Keep giving Peterman a chance even though his passer rating is higher when we assume he is playing for the opposing team?" :P

Edited by prissythecat

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I don't have a link to this as this was communicated to me by the same source who told me Brian Gaine to Houston was a done deal before the national media broke it (which I was proven correct).

But basically in a nutshell I was told that the Bills current QB plan is to move on from TT (obvious), and bring in another veteran to compete with NP for the starting job in 2018. However if there is a realistic (emphasis on realistic because the Bills aren't making any ridiculous trades and want to keep all or most of their draft picks) to move up a little bit or stay put and land Darnold they want him.

To me this make sense because I also believe Darnold is the best QB in this draft even though some teams don't have him #1 overall or the #1 QB on their draft boards. And as much as I love NP and believe he's a future franchise QB, I would certainly take Darnold in a heartbeat as scouting contacts of mine out west compare him to Phillip Rivers with more upside. And I've always loved Rivers and feel he's carried terrible Chargers teams through the years.

A few other tidbits shared:

- Bills are going to move on from Cordy Glenn and hope to get something in a trade, if not he'll be released (pretty much same applies to TT which isn't a shocker).

- Bills have ZERO interest in guys like Baker Mayfield. Lamar Jackson, and Mason Rudolph which will certainly disappoint some fans here.

- Bills are looking to replace all 3 starters at LB via draft and FA (they do like Stud-lano but still not sure if he's a full time starter).

- Outside of the chance of landing Darnold, internally DT is the top priority for the Bills in FA and the draft as they are also looking for two new starters for McD and Frazier to achieve their vision of the defense they want to run. No word on if they are interested in bringing KW back on a Bills friendly deal but it's expected he's done in Buffalo.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately but have been tied up in a lot of high level business meetings recently so not much time to post.

Beane's already rhetorically asked, 'Who doesn't love Kyle?' and then added they'd love to have Kyle back.

If he's truly done, it's because he's decided to retire.