Bills 2018 opponents confirmed

YoloinOhio

Just now, billsherd said:

How come we didn't get Browns? I guess Jets or Fins will get them.

they go by where you placed in the division for the two ‘oddball’ conferences whom you only play once.  We’re a lock for 2nd place in the AFCE, so we get the Chargers and Ravens.

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I bet if we end up making the playoffs next week, they give us a SNF or MNF game.

”The Bills finally made the playoffs after seventeen years of futility.... by the way, Jack Nicklaus, Niagara Falls, chicken wings, Music City Miracle”.

Agreed. If Bills make playoffs we absolutely play on MNF along with TNF. SNF is tough unless the Bills lose a dramatic game to an opponent we'd face next season like JAX.

There's no way to tell who's going to be good next year or how things will pan out. Looking at the AFC West going into this year looked awful, and we went 3-1 against them. Same with the NFC South. We split & went 2-2. So who knows, we could go 3-1 against the AFC South & 2-2 against the NFC North this next year. 

Then as usual, it's up to us to win the division games & the Ravens/Chargers games.

• Like (+1) 2

if the Jags get decent in to the playoffs and we at all look like we could fix some things up for 2018 than I expect us to open at the Jags.  If not than the Bears are my bet.

Anyone thinking there are winnable games on the schedule now has to think again; who saw Denver, Oakland, Chiefs, Atlanta or Indy being winnable games last year at this time?

Who saw us losing to Cincinnati, the jets, or New Orleans?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

The formula is there. But McDermott is a man of Faith. The formula to beating the Cheatriots is, the selling of one's soul...

Well, let's sell it already!  I also think a solid pass rush and time of possession might help. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if we would get a Monday night game @ GB or Min

No no no no no.  No Monday night games anymore, no prime time nuthin'.  We're doomed in prime time.  No Thursday no Sunday night no Monday.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think you meant 0-15, there's always the chance one of the last weeks a team throws them a bone and rests their backups too....

I hear ya, but I don't think Pittsburgh will rest up...until they see the Patriots whacking the Jets. Then they'll be locked in to the #2 seed and bring everyone out.

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

My crystal ball says 7-9

Losses:

NE x 2

Jags

Titans

Charger's

Texans

Packers 

Vikings

Ravens

Who knows, could be broken.

Your crystal ball could be cracked and covered in an inch of dust, without you knowing who our opponents next season are, and it would still read 7-9/8-8/9-7.

That's where a lot of the league lives every year.

Then you have the 3 or 4 standout good teams, and the 3 of 4 Cleveland type teams.

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

No no no no no.  No Monday night games anymore, no prime time nuthin'.  We're doomed in prime time.  No Thursday no Sunday night no Monday.

Every team gets a prime time game, regardless. More often than not, the SNF games involve playoff teams from the previous year, the large market teams (DAL, NE, NYG, etc), or teams with a good national following (PIT, OAK, GB). 

I'd almost guarantee that the Bills would not get a Sunday night game next year if they somehow snuck into the playoffs.

I was hoping we'd play the Jags in Jacksonville next year, since I live in FL. That would've been two games I could attend, as I always go to any Bills games in FL. 

However, it will be cool to see Marrone return to the Ralph!! Give him hell Buffalo!!

Have Mariota, Watson coming back, Jags defense, Luck being back,  Rodgers coming back, a new Great Vikings team no matter the QB is, Stafford. 2 borderline playoff team with Ravens and Chargers.

Seems like only one "easy" matchup next year with the Bears... And that's assuming that Trubisky doesn't take a Good like improvment next year.

I know that each team is different but seems becides that Packers all teams are trending upwards

7 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thanks for.posting

As interesting as this is to look at, trying to make a prediction about record or wins/losses is ridiculous. There are way too many unknowns. Even right before the season who could have predicted...

Rams

Eagles

Saints

Cowboys

Packers

Raiders

Probably even more...

Then factor in the draft, free agency, coaching changes, injuries and week to week match ups, it's basically impossible

Definately agree.  Predicting next year's results on this year's results. Pretty rediculous.

Some interesting games there....and, IF the Bills can get some key positions corrected, and assuming those teams remain at their current level, they should be fun to watch. Lions with Stafford in Buffalo, Mitch with the Bears, Mariota with the Titans, not to mention playing Rodgers and the Vikings in their new stadium....maybe a little revenge on the Chargers for this year's debacle? Some good stuff there....2019 I think brings the NFC East....good fun in that division.

12 hours ago, Dopey said:

My crystal ball says 7-9

Losses:

NE x 2

Jags

Titans

Charger's

Texans

Packers 

Vikings

Ravens

Who knows, could be broken.

of course, since we know how all the teams rosters will look like next season, it's easy to predict.

10 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Thanks for.posting

As interesting as this is to look at, trying to make a prediction about record or wins/losses is ridiculous. There are way too many unknowns. Even right before the season who could have predicted...

Rams

Eagles

Saints

Cowboys

Packers

Raiders

Probably even more...

Then factor in the draft, free agency, coaching changes, injuries and week to week match ups, it's basically impossible

Pretty much this.  Some teams on the schedule may not be greatly different  from what they are this year.  some will be very different.  Indianapolis could be very different, as could the Texans as a team with a healthy and somewhat experienced Deshaun Watson.  I think if Buffalo changes QBs they could be a fairly different team.  

Interesting:  counting Lynn with LAC and assuming Mularkey isn't fired by TN, three former Bills HC's visiting next year.  St. Doug of Jax is the other one.

Edited by Ennjay
misspelling

Every years there are multiple threads talking about what a tough schedule we have this coming year.  When you factor in that you come close to playing the same schedule every 3 to 4 years, how can you have the toughest every year??  Then after all the complaining saw a thread in late Oct commenting that maybe we need to dismiss the wins against Atlanta and Denver.

LOL so first we have the toughest schedule ever, then once you win the games the opponents weren't very good.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Well, let's sell it already!  I also think a solid pass rush and time of possession might help. 

Every teams plays at least once on Thursday by rule. No one wants to, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

At this juncture -and even with present personnel, I honestly see 10 wins. 5 each, Home & Away. Obviously, we’re going to add a bunch of new starters, as will every team, but given the play of those we firmly believe will still be Bills, 10 is doable. 

We ‘should’ do better than 5-3 at home, which further enhances our prospects of becoming a legit contender.

(I apologize if posted earlier. Surprised not to see this on the front page)

45DB7C42-6168-4F38-AF65-7DB910D46AB4.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/26/2017 at 8:08 AM, Jasovon said:

Patriots. It's never been more clear that we simply are not allowed to beat them. 

It seems that the Bills too often have to play the Patriettes in at least one of the following situations:

1. After the Patriettes have a bye or a "long week"

2. After the Bills have a "short week"

3. At Foxboro late in the season and/or near a holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year), which is always an extra advantage to the home team

It could just be my cynicism kicking in, but it seems that Satan's team gets advantages at every turn.

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Going to Green Bay - I don't care if I get another kidney stone!

Jay, 100% our crew is in on the Green ay game. So a good 12 of us, you are welcome to join. PLans and transportation locked and loaded night of schedule release. My only fear is hotel rooms, as we have not investigated airbnbs yet. Have a few months to figure that out. 

I am too lazy to reserve rooms all 17 weeks to just cancel 16 of them later.

will send ya PMs as we get closer to schedule release if ya want to join us

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/26/2017 at 6:45 AM, eball said:

Might be time to make a pilgrimage to Lambeau.  I'll also likely go to the Baltimore road game.

I will be headed to Lambeau next year!! My wife and her entire family are Packer fans, so I can’t wait until we rock them in there own house.

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I thought it was some rule that for our Thursday night game we play the New Jersey Jets in New Jersey.

Prediction:  could be Baltimore for a change next year.  I don't see the networks wasting a national Patriots broadcast on the Bills these days.