Tolbert is the worst FA acquisition in years

mjt328

I cannot think of a player more worthless.

He's not a good blocker.  He's too slow to get anything running the ball, unless there is a massive hole right up the gut.  He can't catch and he fumbles too much.

Yet this doesn't stop Rick Dennison from using him like a Swiss Army Knife. 

Watch him get no yards on FB dive!  Watch him lose 5 yards on a FB screen!  Watch him split out into the slot and drop the ball!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Wildcat packages designed for Tolbert.  We are probably an injury away from him being our #1 kick/punt returner.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

If they wanted to bring him as a locker room character guy, it wouldn’t have been a bad pickup. Dennison making him a featured part of the offense is the problem. Dennison has been the worst pickup. 

I love when he was asked about it weeks ago, that if he realised that Tolbert was in the game, that he said he wasn’t aware. Like come on. 

Basically admitting he has no clue on his personal in the game and if the play calls change.

Most OCs would use somebody like Mike Tolbert as a change of pace back.

But not Dennison.  He literally changes NOTHING when LeSean McCoy comes out of the game.  Somehow he believes that "if McCoy can run that play, then why can't Tolbert?"

The only value Tolbert brings to this team, is if he somehow helps Dennison get canned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think that the title on this thread is a little bit harsh.  I'd have no problem with Tolbert being on the team to help teach the young guys how to be good professionals.  The only problem is that the coaches keep putting him on the field.

Edited by Jamie Mueller
spelling mistake

3 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

How true. It just frightens me that our coaching staff can’t see the same thing every Bills fan does. There are Bills fans on every continent who know this, yet our coaching staff remains clueless. 

Maybe if we send the OC to Antartica  he can see it properly? Do we all have to chip in? 

Just now, Jamie Mueller said:

I think that the title on this thread is a little bit harsh.  I'd have no problem with Tolbert being on the team to help teach the young guys how to be a goof professional.  The only problem is that the coaches keep putting him on the field.

Maybe we've had worse FA players.

But how many of them have had the negative impact of Tolbert?

It doesn't matter how many fumbles, drops, runs for losses... the coaching staff just keeps giving him the ball and designing plays for him.  It's insane.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well they are smarter then everyone. You can tell from McDermotts press conferences.

other than wrex.......McD is the worst coach since Jauron.  Defensive focus in the extreme and doesn't know anything about game management.....lets see, did we go for it from the 5....and kick from the 40.....yep..those were the calls.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I cannot think of a player more worthless.

He's not a good blocker.  He's too slow to get anything running the ball, unless there is a massive hole right up the gut.  He can't catch and he fumbles too much.

Yet this doesn't stop Rick Dennison from using him like a Swiss Army Knife. 

Watch him get no yards on FB dive!  Watch him lose 5 yards on a FB screen!  Watch him split out into the slot and drop the ball!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Wildcat packages designed for Tolbert.  We are probably an injury away from him being our #1 kick/punt returner.

The team specializes in worthless players. Chris Williams, Ruvell Martin, Reggie Bush, etc.

10 minutes ago, Norwood for Wall of Fame said:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?  HE'S A PRO BOWL FULLBACK.  I READ IT ON THE INTERNET.

Thanks you for listening

I completely forgot he was voted to the Pro Bowl.

Wow.

I watched him on kickoff today and I wanted to throw up. He was so slow that when he lined up 8 yards ahead of Tate and Tate got the ball he would be behind Tate and not able to block. He's old, slow, fat and incapable of any NFL play. Denison bringing somebody like him and DiMarco on this team is a true testament to how bad Denison is.

Easily the worst FA acquisition. If he wasn’t on the team, I believe we would’ve won an additional game at this point.  Can’t believe he got the call on 2nd and 25.  Just....wow.  Worst offensive playcall in awhile.  Preempted by the worst decision to kick a fg on 4th and 1.  Awful decisions by McD 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Easily the worst FA acquisition. If he wasn’t on the team, I believe we would’ve won an additional game at this point.  Can’t believe he got the call on 2nd and 25.  Just....wow.  Worst offensive playcall in awhile.  Preempted by the worst decision to kick a fg on 4th and 1.  Awful decisions by McD 

Splitting him out into the slot and then making him the first read on a slant pass (in the Red Zone no less)... I was literally speechless.

I'm 100% certain he was signed for "locker room leadership" reasons.  But I can't figure out why they keep giving him the ball.  It's almost always a totally wasted play.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Trying the FG on 4th and 1 down by seven. May indicate what is in store for this 

franchise going forward. And he's made other head scratching play calls this season.

I think the McD  honeymoon is officially over. The Tolbert call was horrid although I would guess

that is on Dennison though. 

17 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Splitting him out into the slot and then making him the first read on a slant pass (in the Red Zone no less)... I was literally speechless.

I'm 100% certain he was signed for "locker room leadership" reasons.  But I can't figure out why they keep giving him the ball.  It's almost always a totally wasted play.

Mind boggling on the GMs part, the coaches part, and the OC's part on some of his usage and just being on the team.   Leadership might entail being in shape.   

I'm trying to think back on previous TSW whipping boys... and I honestly can't think of a worse player than Tolbert during the 17 year streak of no playoffs.  Kelsay at least made a play once and awhile.  McLovin caught fumble-itis but at least he made a decent defensive play every once and awhile.

Maybe Coy Wire?

Edited by sullim4