Tolbert is the worst FA acquisition in years

mjt328

I would disagree with saying he's the worst FA signing in years. All signs show that he is a good leader and very well liked in the locker room, so there is certainly some value. However, I would agree the Dennison is utilizing him in quite literally the worst way possible. 

1 hour ago, billsfan2298 said:

I would disagree with saying he's the worst FA signing in years. All signs show that he is a good leader and very well liked in the locker room, so there is certainly some value. However, I would agree the Dennison is utilizing him in quite literally the worst way possible. 

what signs and what's the point if he sucks on the field? You can't be a good leader and do nothing useful during the game

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Tolbert and Webb would be shoveling snow if it were not for the Bills employing them.

But, but, but.... like.... Carolina, man. 

They are both here cos McDermott wants them here. Tolbert is on the field because McDermott wants him out there. There is 0.00% doubt about this. 

20 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Who needs 3rd rnd picks when you got Tolbert and Ducasse.

To be fair Tolbert does not count in the Comp Pick formula. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But, but, but.... like.... Carolina, man. 

They are both here cos McDermott wants them here. Tolbert is on the field because McDermott wants him out there. There is 0.00% doubt about this. 

To be fair Tolbert does not count in the Comp Pick formula. 

Okay. That's good.

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I cannot think of a player more worthless.

He's not a good blocker.  He's too slow to get anything running the ball, unless there is a massive hole right up the gut.  He can't catch and he fumbles too much.

Yet this doesn't stop Rick Dennison from using him like a Swiss Army Knife. 

Watch him get no yards on FB dive!  Watch him lose 5 yards on a FB screen!  Watch him split out into the slot and drop the ball!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Wildcat packages designed for Tolbert.  We are probably an injury away from him being our #1 kick/punt returner.

Hey, our HC just HAD TO HAVE HIM cause he's a difference-maker, he's a baller, he's our best option to relieve Shady..............you know, cause he needed to make roster room and get rid of guys like Barnyard.

I really question if this regime can actually evaluate talent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Lest we forget, this was all due to Dougie Whaley wanting to save $900K for a 5th round tender on TDMike.  How'd that work out?  Oh yeah, Whaley got fired, and TDMike had a TD against us today.  

So so how did the offseason work last year? Was it Whaley or was it McD calling the shots.  I’ve read that the draft was McD.... why would Whaley be in charge of the free agents?   Pure speculation imo.  

4 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I love when he was asked about it weeks ago, that if he realised that Tolbert was in the game, that he said he wasn’t aware. Like come on. 

Basically admitting he has no clue on his personal in the game and if the play calls change.

Haha are you serious? I actually asked this same question in another post- that there is no way Dennison could know he was in the game and run him in 2nd and 25 lol

he had to have thought that shady was in the game...otherwise he should be fired for not knowing who he is calling plays for! Idiot

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So so how did the offseason work last year? Was it Whaley or was it McD calling the shots.  I’ve read that the draft was McD.... why would Whaley be in charge of the free agents?   Pure speculation imo.  

Lay it on anyone you want.  SOMEBODY at OBD thought it was a great idea to let TDMike walk over $900K.  You'd think they would have learned from letting Hogan go for $800K the previous offseason.  

• Like (+1) 1

It wasn’t just letting him go for 900k.  It was 900k and a 5th rd pick.  Letting him go wasn’t a problem.  Replacing him with Tolbert was the problem.  I’ll never for the life of me understand that.  I lost my mind this offseason when we signed him.....but I didn’t think he’d ever play a snap..... in the slot!  Wtf was that?  #mindblown

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I cannot think of a player more worthless.

He's not a good blocker.  He's too slow to get anything running the ball, unless there is a massive hole right up the gut.  He can't catch and he fumbles too much.

Yet this doesn't stop Rick Dennison from using him like a Swiss Army Knife. 

Watch him get no yards on FB dive!  Watch him lose 5 yards on a FB screen!  Watch him split out into the slot and drop the ball!

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Wildcat packages designed for Tolbert.  We are probably an injury away from him being our #1 kick/punt returner.

He did have that one big first down though ;)