Incognito: Gronkowski took his shot, now it's our defense's turn

JoshBarnett

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I would accept that 15 yard penalty to end the Pats season...might as well get the shot in now before the NFL adopts a new “targeting” rule in the off-season 

The NFL already changed the Tuck Rule, PI rules, eligible/ineligible receiver rules, and soon redefine what a catch is. All because those rules were used to help NE. The hundreds of times they were used to help other teams, no one cared. 

The real question is will Buffalo torpedo any chance at the playoffs to intentionally injure Brady or Gronk? Under Rex, they certainly would. Miami would. So would the Bungles. 

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Exactly--Richie should be the last one to talk.

Also, he has a history of making retribution threats--all talk.

For example:

"[I want to] --- in your ---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your ---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. --- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

I mean....did he drop a deuce in Martin?  Slap his "real" mother? Did he ever KILL Martin?

Did he ever "run a train" on Martin's sister? 

Not that we know of.  Richie is all talk!

Anyway....You almost get the impression he has been barely bottling up "Real Richie" while in Buffalo so he can keep cashing checks.  Like the Hulk, you can only imagine the energy it takes to keep it bottled up.

Why?  What did Martin do to Ritchie?  Besides play lousy football next to him and get him suspended for it, that is? 

Martin's a nobody.  He's out of league and not cashing any checks, much less making Pro Bowls.

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  What did Martin do to Ritchie?  Besides play lousy football next to him and get him suspended for it, that is? 

Martin's a nobody.  He's out of league and not cashing any checks, much less making Pro Bowls.

People will go to wits end to deflect blame from people they like. 

Richie seems to have changed but that doesn't mean he didn't make a mistake.

Edited by Elite Poster

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dress a PS guy in Holmes place. Send him out on the first play to break Gronks ankle. If he gets thrown out, so be it

Not feasible as they'd have to waive someone. McDermott has the team focused on winning instead of revenge.  The time for retaliation was immediately when Gronk pulled his dirty and deliberate assault on the defenseless White. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not feasible as they'd have to waive someone. McDermott has the team focused on winning instead of revenge.  The time for retaliation was immediately when Gronk pulled his dirty and deliberate assault on the defenseless White. 

My guess is eliminating the most dynamic player on the opposing team early would greatly increase the chances of winning.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I predict the refs are going to be so sensitive to the idea that the Bills might retaliate that they will be throwing multiple flags on every play.

It's been that way since Marsha became the "Golden Boy" of the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I would be jacked if they came out of the tunnel (after warmups were normal) with the entire defense wearing arm braces.

Note: autocorrect changed "if" to "off" but I caught it.

It would be a great statement. Hard to believe he intentionally used that brace and basically got away with it. Great precedent NFL, I am sure the Bills have a backup they could spare for a week to do a flying elbow smash after the play on Brady or Gronk. 

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I would accept that 15 yard penalty to end the Pats season...might as well get the shot in now before the NFL adopts a new “targeting” rule in the off-season 

I'll see your 15 yard penalty, and raise you a $100,000 fine and 2 game suspension.

There is almost no penalty too great to nullify the shear joy I would feel if we ended Brady's season, particularly if on a cheap shot that is a public display of obvious vengeful retribution.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Go out, play hard, hit the guy in front of you harder than he hits you. Don’t be dumb and take 15 yards for a slap fight but don’t shy away from being the team that’s imposing its will. If you can do that most of the game, odds are you’ve hit gronk plenty hard along the way.

This.

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I predict the refs are going to be so sensitive to the idea that the Bills might retaliate that they will be throwing multiple flags on every play.

In the linked piece, Incognito suggested it would be just the opposite.

Refs likely to be lenient b/c they know Gronk has it coming to him.

I was really encouraged by Incognito's comments here; maybe someone will try to get a little retribution after all.

If this game is out of reach at some point prior to the finish (likely) someone better make good.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This.

Not that.

We're losing the game anyway.  Take the 15 yard penalty.

It's OK.

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dress a PS guy in Holmes place. Send him out on the first play to break Gronks ankle. If he gets thrown out, so be it

Because Holmes would be such a loss, just have Holmes attempt it.

Nothing will happen Sunday unless the bills are winning and frustrating them. Which is a good thing, but most of you will be disappointed in my opinion. I'm expecting a blow out with no retaliation from the bills. Which one of these guys or what from the coaching staff has shown you to expect otherwise?

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

In the linked piece, Incognito suggested it would be just the opposite.

Refs likely to be lenient b/c they know Gronk has it coming to him.

I was really encouraged by Incognito's comments here; maybe someone will try to get a little retribution after all.

If this game is out of reach at some point prior to the finish (likely) someone better make good.

This isn't the NHL, and you're giving incognito the benefit that he knows what he's talking about. I'm not, the guy is a moron.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Nothing will happen Sunday unless the bills are winning and frustrating them. Which is a good thing, but most of you will be disappointed in my opinion. I'm expecting a blow out with no retaliation from the bills. Which one of these guys or what from the coaching staff has shown you to expect otherwise?

This isn't the NHL, and you're giving incognito the benefit that he knows what he's talking about. I'm not, the guy is a moron.

Holmes is out

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

#buildabully 

:lol:

I guess Richie is still too stupid to realize just how freakin stupid he is.

Incognito has done a pretty nice job on the field, since returning to the Bills---despite his horribly timed penalties. But you'd think this Neanderthal would realize good things rarely happen when he opens his mouth. 

Shut Up, you idiot!

Now to possibly defend RI's statement. When did Richie utter these words? From what I've heard recently, most of the Bills comments about payback were made some time ago. All of what I've heard from them this week, is the "winning the game is the best payback" type of statement. Yet I keep hearing about the brewing retribution on sports TV and radio. It sounds like the Bills have let this go, but not the sports' media. So if Richie made this comment in the aftermath of the hit, I can let it go. But if he said it this week, it's just plain stupid, IMO.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

:lol:

I guess Richie is still too stupid to realize just how freakin stupid he is.

Incognito has done a pretty nice job on the field, since returning to the Bills---despite his horribly timed penalties. But you'd think this Neanderthal would realize good things rarely happen when he opens his mouth. 

Shut Up, you idiot!

Now to possibly defend RI's statement. When did Richie utter these words? From what I've heard recently, most of the Bills comments about payback were made some time ago. All of what I've heard from them this week, is the "winning the game is the best payback" type of statement. Yet I keep hearing about the brewing retribution on sports TV and radio. It sounds like the Bills have let this go, but not the sports' media. So if Richie made this comment in the aftermath of the hit, I can let it go. But if he said it this week, it's just plain stupid, IMO.

Why is it stupid?

I want someone to blast Gronk, yet I’m very confidant if someone does blast him, they will be ejected and suspended multiple game  because they’ll say it’s premeditated. Can see it already.  Would love for Trae Elston to hand out the punishment.  Wouldn’t matter too much if he was ejected and suspended and gronk will feel the payback. 

Last week vs the Steelers, the Pats were called for 2 penalties for 4 yards the entire game   Predict the penatly results this Sunday.  I’ll go 3 for 15 yards for the cheats and 13- for 110 for the Bills

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I want someone to blast Gronk, yet I’m very confidant if someone does blast him, they will be ejected and suspended multiple game  because they’ll say it’s premeditated. Can see it already.  Would love for Trae Elston to hand out the punishment.  Wouldn’t matter too much if he was ejected and suspended and gronk will feel the payback. 

Last week vs the Steelers, the Pats were called for 2 penalties for 4 yards the entire game   Predict the penatly results this Sunday.  I’ll go 3 for 15 yards for the cheats and 13- for 110 for the Bills

If someone mugs gronk, i think there's a real possibility there would be an arrest with some jail

time attached.

Just hang on soon, very soon brady will be gone.

2 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

All i can ask for is for them NOT to wait till the end of the game to do something, if they need to do something, do it EARLY and get it out the way.

Agreed. Make sure it counts. No girly slaps. Take him out of the game. That would be more damaging than our 15 yard penalty if they lose him early. Plus then we can concentrate on playing.

20 hours ago, hemma said:

Best revenge would be to win the game and post-game, universally extend heartfelt thanks to Gronkowski for lighting the fire.

See how that plays in the Boston press.

Now that would be something for the books !!
The Classiest retort for sure.
and we all could have momentas fans, and flip the Patriots et al off.
Fantastic thought hemma
:wub:

20 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

i'm ok with this.  as long as one or two of those flags is right there at the cusp of a dirty hit or even a flat out dirty hit.

ya know the saying they go low we go high?  !@#$ it, they go low - we go harder.

this team is a bunch of talking pussies anyway, they won't do a thing.

this phrasing freeks me out a little.

I have enough concerns about the two cats i already have suspicions about.
But when you consider the other translation, thats downright scary

17 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I'll see your 15 yard penalty, and raise you a $100,000 fine and 2 game suspension.

There is almost no penalty too great to nullify the shear joy I would feel if we ended Brady's season, particularly if on a cheap shot that is a public display of obvious vengeful retribution.

I have grown quite fond of you.

:wub:

I cannot recall when i have been so deeply perturbed as compared to watching this blatant display of semi psychotic aggression or no sense of others feelings. Perhaps he is autistic?
still

kick him square in the nuts early and often

39 minutes ago, Bongo said:

Agreed. Make sure it counts. No girly slaps. Take him out of the game. That would be more damaging than our 15 yard penalty if they lose him early. Plus then we can concentrate on playing.

This, and if by any chance, the pats have the ball at the end of the game and are trying to score to win, thats when I dont wanna see retaliation. 

14 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Richie is actually quite intelligent. you are incorrect here. I was quite surprised he spoke up about it actually. I sure liked his answer. especially about the Refs.
 Retaliation is a tricky word in such a violent game Ol Dirty. I bet both Teams want to dominate the other at each position

We do not know what this game brings. That is why it IS exciting for sure.
Only way Bills should play is hard. and the Coaches need to call some plays to show off that.
Expecting to lose or et beat? 

No Way

The NFL determines how the game is played by the rules and penalties for violating them. A corner who makes slight early contact with a receiver can get a 30, 40 or 50 yard penalty. A lineman who is holding gets 10 yds penalty. A late hit gets 15 yards. A late hit out of bounds after the whistle blows gets 15 yards and maybe a 1 game suspension, but no ejection. None of this makes any sense and therefore, justice has to happen on the field between the players. Hopefully, they are smart about it. We don't need any suspensions for the Miami game. 

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

The NFL determines how the game is played by the rules and penalties for violating them. A corner who makes slight early contact with a receiver can get a 30, 40 or 50 yard penalty. A lineman who is holding gets 10 yds penalty. A late hit gets 15 yards. A late hit out of bounds after the whistle blows gets 15 yards and maybe a 1 game suspension, but no ejection. None of this makes any sense and therefore, justice has to happen on the field between the players. Hopefully, they are smart about it. We don't need any suspensions for the Miami game. 

Agreed.  If the right guy does it, it doesn't matter if there are suspensions for the Miami game.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:19 PM, Gray Beard said:

Meanwhile, the refs won't flag anything the Pats do, cause mah revenue. I mean, at some point the NFL will lose.