Kyle Williams retirement

T-Bomb

After watching the Gronk incident a few more times, I have lost all remaining respect I had for Kyle Williams, this player is going to retire with his tail between his legs. His will be a Schobel-like retirement, he'll go away and no one will care.

I didn't need him to take Gronk's head off, but at least get in his face and friggin say something!

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  It's interesting that new veteran players from other teams on both the Sabres and the Bills act and say things differently than players who have been here a while, they can see the lack of pride in One Buffalo.  It's such a disgrace to see sports teams with no heart, It's just so "Buffalo"

This rust belt region could really use their sports teams to help lift the veil of dreariness, but said teams are failing on an epic scale.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

After watching the Gronk incident a few more times, I have lost all remaining respect I had for Kyle Williams, this player is going to retire with his tail between his legs. His will be a Schobel-like retirement, he'll go away and no one will care.

I didn't need him to take Gronk's head off, but at least get in his face and friggin say something!

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  It's interesting that new veteran players from other teams on both the Sabres and the Bills act and say things differently than players who have been here a while, they can see the lack of pride in One Buffalo.  It's such a disgrace to see sports teams with no heart, It's just so "Buffalo"

This rust belt region could really use their sports teams to help lift the veil of dreariness, but said teams are failing on an epic scale.

Lost respect for Williams??  Preston Brown was RIGHT THERE when it happened and he didn't do squat.  

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Are you kidding me?  What do you want a 15 yard penalty for Kyle's actions.

he's smarter than that in not responding.  This isn't a street fight in high school.  It's the NFL.  Gronk's BS play was terrible, but that doesn't mean you make it worse.

He didn't even have to hit him to stand up for his fellow teammate, he acted like a coward.

20 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Lost respect for Williams??  Preston Brown was RIGHT THERE when it happened and he didn't do squat.  

Williams is supposed to be some great veteran leader...  He looked more like a guy wanting to just collect a paycheck.

If that's the best leadership the Bills are getting out of their players, there is no wonder to the 18 years...

Edited by T-Bomb

29 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

he's smarter than that in not responding.  This isn't a street fight in high school.  It's the NFL.  Gronk's BS play was terrible, but that doesn't mean you make it worse.

Lol this guy is worried about a 15 yard penalty. This team is a pushover, has been for a long time. Kyle Williams is a lovable loser. Like in wrestling, the Bills are the jobbers of the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

This situation has been beat to death in another thread.

Why didn't this player do this or that?

Any Bills player that got involved would likely be fined or suspended...if you don't think so rewatch the game.

There are clearly two sets of rules one for the Cheatriots and one for the Bills and the rest of the league.

Bradys intentional grounding the 9 yard 1st down...every time the Bills got a big play on first down it was called back on a penalty.

Then Gronks cheap shot and the Bills come out of it with the extra penalty....how dare they intercept the GOAT.

Its over the Bills lost and the rematch is in two weeks I hope they go after Bradys knees.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hooray for him acting like a pro.

Well done. Way to send a message heard round the world.

The Bills play them in 3 weeks,retribution in hockey sometimes happens weeks or months later.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I would have much rather taken 15 yards for someone blasting Gronk rather than the stupid penalty Hughes took by saying something to the refs.  

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

Williams is supposed to be some great veteran leader...  He looked more like a guy wanting to just collect a paycheck.

If that's the best leadership the Bills are getting out of their players, there is no wonder to the 18 years...

Laughable dude.  Kyle gave his heart, soul and career to this team and you are picking on him for this?  

How about your starting QB?  He threw for 65 yards.  He simply showed up for his check too.....  

Edited by Azucho98

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

He didn't even have to hit him to stand up for his fellow teammate, he acted like a coward.

You’re comments are what is disgraceful.  Kyle has a long legacy of leaving it all on the field for a perennially bad organization.  He has also been generous to the community and the fans.  Finally, he has conducted himself with nothing but class over the span of his career.  If that is not enough of a statement for you then why don’t you join the Patriots fans who I am sure are cheering Gronk’s Classless act.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

You’re comments are what is disgraceful.  Kyle has a long legacy of leaving it all on the field for a perennially bad organization.  He has also been generous to the community and the fans.  Finally, he has conducted himself with nothing but class over the span of his career.  If that is not enough of a statement for you then why don’t you join the Patriots fans who I am sure are cheering Gronk’s Classless act.

T-Bomb is right. Kyle lets an opposing player possibly paralyze one of his brothers on his home field with not even a comment. It was a pathetic display.

Kyle Williams has been my favorite player on this team for years. I even bought his jersey years ago and I think buying jerseys is stupid. But what he did (or didn't do) yesterday is inexcusable and indicative of an attitude of indifference which has permeated this organizations for nearly two decades.

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

The Bills play them in 3 weeks,retribution in hockey sometimes happens weeks or months later.

In three weeks it'll be Christmas Eve ... Peace and good will towards men etc ... These kittens will be ready to run for the bus as soon as they get off it to get home with their families and sip some egg nog.

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

What's the old saying 2 wrongs don't make a right !!! 

• Sad 1

As much as I agree with the OP's sentiment about the Bills lack of response in standing up for a teammate, the target of his rage is misplaced. Kyle has never been that type of player to brawl and that's what you needed there.  I have no problem with any of the Bills players going after Gronk at all. There should have been a sidelines clearing brawl after that. But Kyle is not your man to lead it.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Obviously he is not smart because any 15 yard penalty would have been offset unsless you say something upsetting to the Ref

One Buffalo Bill was knocked senseless.

Fifty-two other Bills did nothing.

Two Bills were right on top of the play.  One put his hands in the air; the other did the "throwing the flag" gesture.

This is a team built on "love," right?  Ha.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

As much as I agree with the OP's sentiment about the Bills lack of response in standing up for a teammate, the target of his rage is misplaced. Kyle has never been that type of player to brawl and that's what you needed there.  I have no problem with any of the Bills players going after Gronk at all. There should have been a sidelines clearing brawl after that. But Kyle is not your man to lead it.

Then he shouldn't be captain.

• Sad 1

If players rather care about a $250k next game check I don’t blame them. Kyle Williams isn’t playing for free. If you level Gronk and get suspended you don’t get paid. Not worth it. But you can legally-illegally hit the hell out of someone (Brady) on the next play. 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I suppose you're a huge fan of Vontaze Burfict, huh

Why would I be? Burfict doles out unwarranted cheap shots just like Gronk did. I'm talking about sticking up for a brother who has been wronged. No idea what he has to do with this.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If players rather care about a $250k next game check I don’t blame them. Kyle Williams isn’t playing for free. If you level Gronk and get suspended you don’t get paid. Not worth it. But you can legally-illegally hit the hell out of someone (Brady) on the next play. 

Would Kyle Williams have been fined for getting in Gronk's face and telling him he'd better have his head on a swivel the next time he's on the field against the Bills? No.

• Sad 1

Can we do a forced retirement of the OP?

Yeah, the guy who has spent his life smashing into 300lb muscle bound men is a coward because he didn't lose his cool like some posters on this board. I like to call that "being an adult."

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

Can we do a forced retirement of the OP?

Yeah, the guy who has spent his life smashing into 300lb muscle bound men is a coward because he didn't lose his cool like some posters on this board. I like to call that "being an adult."

Some of you guys are certainly rooting for the right team.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The game was all but over at the time,  15 yards would have been well worth standing up to Gronk punking our rookie,  the Bills embrassed themselves by doing nothing,  that was sick to watch. If the game was tied or we had real chance to win then yes.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I'm telling you, this team is different. Did you hear Hyde after the game? I have no doubt, especially when we are out of the playoff hunt, that they are going to take a few "unnecessary" shots at Gronk for what he did. Poyer, Hyde, or maybe even Gaines. It's gonna happen. Watch what I tell you. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Then he shouldn't be captain.

But its not hockey. The role of a captain is way different in football.  Its all about leading the plays on the field (and the all important coin toss!!!) Besides I don't think NFL players are brawlers. When you have a sport where you can lay a huge lick on someone perfectly in the rules and put them in a lot of pain you do that rather than throw a punch after the whistle. NFL players usually never expect to see a dirty hit like that. The Bills players including Kyle were either a) stunned by what the saw and didn't react b) Didn't believe what they saw, because that stuff rarely happens or c) Didn't even see the play.  A hothead like Jerry Hughes is just the type of player to brawl with Gronk not Kyle.  Hughes is big and heavy enough to do it. He must have seen it happen or why mouth off? I more disappointed in Hughes than Kyle. If you are going to get a penalty then earn it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I couldn’t agree more !!!

Gronk acted like a punk   if Williams  gets involved and retaliates  the possibility of both benches clearing ( IMO ) would have been pretty high , there’s no way I could see Williams being responsible for something like this 

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

But its not hockey. The role of a captain is way different in football.  Its all about leading the plays on the field (and the all important coin toss!!!) Besides I don't think NFL players are brawlers. When you have a sport where you can lay a huge lick on someone perfectly in the rules and put them in a lot of pain you do that rather than throw a punch after the whistle. NFL players usually never expect to see a dirty hit like that. The Bills players including Kyle were either a) stunned by what the saw and didn't react b) Didn't believe what they saw, because that stuff rarely happens or c) Didn't even see the play.  A hothead like Jerry Hughes is just the type of player to brawl with Gronk not Kyle.  Hughes is big and heavy enough to do it. He must have seen it happen or why mouth off? I more disappointed in Hughes than Kyle. If you are going to get a penalty then earn it.

There's a pretty sizeable gap between brawling and doing nothing. There are many options between those two things that would have been better than what White's teammates did(n't do).

Kyle obviously isn't a fighter and never will be. That doesn't excuse his lack of leadership in that situation.

14 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

There's a pretty sizeable gap between brawling and doing nothing. There are many options between those two things that would have been better than what White's teammates did(n't do).

Kyle obviously isn't a fighter and never will be. That doesn't excuse his lack of leadership in that situation.

I would have voted "brawl' in this situation.

If that was not enough to warrant a brawl then NFL players should never ever fight.

Edited by cba fan

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Prestone Brown was standing right there.

Kyle is no where in the shot.

This reminded me of the Lucic/Ryan Miller incident . . . except worse. 

I was surprised that NO Buffalo Bill seemed to want to do anything about this.  Not just Kyle Williams.

It must be part of the process.

• Like (+1) 1