Anyone know what Hughes said?

tbonehawaii

Don't know but even though it didn't affect the result of the game, enough is enough with Hughes.  I'd have told him to go to the locker room after that and cut his butt after the game.  Hopefully they dump him in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Don't know but even though it didn't affect the result of the game, enough is enough with Hughes.  I'd have told him to go to the locker room after that and cut his butt after the game.  Hopefully they dump him in the offseason.

For yelling at the refs after they allowed gronk to concuss our best player?  Hughes should’ve bodyslammed gronk.  I really wish someone would’ve put a hurting on gronk.  We can’t let them come into our house and drop elbows on us.  Can’t happen

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Cut him? Seriously? Yes...let's continue to cut talented players because of things like "attitude" and "character" while signing crappy guys with high-character to replace them. That's proven successful with this team so far!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kota said:

Well considering he wasn't benched like last time I think the coaches are good.  Hughes was seen discussing it with the DC who only shook his head yes.

I agree,  the game was out of reach , I'm glad Jerry told off an official and Frasier talked calmly with him.

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Cut him? Seriously? Yes...let's continue to cut talented players because of things like "attitude" and "character" while signing crappy guys with high-character to replace them. That's proven successful with this team so far!

What talented player did anyone mention cutting?  Hughes has 14 sacks in the last three years.   Id rather not pay somone who averages 4.5 sacks a year since signing their big contract 6.5 million dollars next year, but thats just me.  The guy is starting to look like Maybin out there, tries to run by the tackle every play.  

Not sure why he said anything to the ref. At that point the game is over so I don't know why they all didn't beat the snot out of Gronk. They are all pointing like hey throw a flag. As if a flag is going to help when the game is over

18 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Not sure why he said anything to the ref. At that point the game is over so I don't know why they all didn't beat the snot out of Gronk. They are all pointing like hey throw a flag. As if a flag is going to help when the game is over

totally agree, but McD trying to coach em up like Hoddie, and Hofddie always preaches walk away.

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

No, it's not about "character" anymore....I would like the team to have all decent men who conduct themselves professionally and reasonably both on and off the field, but at this point it's about what Hughes costs the team while IN the game. 

If we were to take every positive Hughes play, ala TFL and Sacks, meaning ones that can be measured and not just, "he set the edge but he doesn't get credit" - because those can't be measured - and then added the negative yards he gets for stupid, selfish penalties (not saying yesterday was one of them, not saying it wasn't), what would be the NET yardage afterwards?

I've said before, I don't think Hughes is on the team come 2018, and it's not because he's a bad player, it's because his lack of discipline does not fit the McD and Beane mold. Additionally, what good is getting a sack for negative 7 yards only to give up 15 yards and a first down either one or two downs later or at some crucial point in the game? I don't see the benefit when viewing the game or season as a whole. 

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

For yelling at the refs after they allowed gronk to concuss our best player?  Hughes should’ve bodyslammed gronk.  I really wish someone would’ve put a hurting on gronk.  We can’t let them come into our house and drop elbows on us.  Can’t happen

"Defend our dirt"

:lol:

Done with the NFL. Corrupt way for rich people to steal from America. Harlem Globetrotters have more competitive games.

The only time I will have anything to do with the NFL is if anyone associated with it needs a kidney and I'm a match. I will go through the entire process until I'm about to be knocked out with anasthesia, get up, and walk out.

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Dumb take. 

4 minutes ago, chef4131 said:

personally don't care that he said anything to Ref, would have rather he went and confronted Gronk   But the Bills did nothing to Landry last year so why would anyone think they would have this year

No comparison between what Gronk did and what Landry did. Landry deserved to be taken out.

As for Hughes IDK what he said, but he gets flagged for it, and easily in any case. Who doesn't remember his 15 yard penalty for playfully bashing his TEAMMATE. Refs are biased and that'.

s not good.

And what with the retarded rule that 2 penalties offset 1? 

There was a Pat defensive back who got a penalty holding /interfering with a receiver when the Bills had a third and long. That penalty resulted in a first down after the stop. The defensive back was taken out of the game. The Pats hold their players accountable and to a high standard. That's why they are champs and we are chumps. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There was a Pat defensive back who got a penalty holding /interfering with a receiver when the Bills had a third and long. That penalty resulted in a first down after the stop. The defensive back was taken out of the game. The Pats hold their players accountable and to a high standard. That's why they are champs and we are chumps. 

The also have more depth than us and can afford to sit a player for making a dumb mistake.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Did  Gronk remain in the  game ? 

Will Belichick suspend him for a game for the hit that he said was BS and inexcusable? 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did  Gronk remain in the  game ? 

Will Belichick suspend him for a game for the hit that he said was BS and inexcusable? 

After the game Gronk apologized for his actions and said that he wouldn't do it again because it could hurt his team. There is a self-awareness and control that a player such as Hughes doesn't have. The Pats are a more talented team, a better coached team and a smarter team. That's why they are champions and we are chumps. 

Just now, JohnC said:

After the game Gronk apologized for his actions and said that he wouldn't do it again because it could hurt his team. There is a self-awareness and control that a player such as Hughes doesn't have. The Pats are a more talented team, a better coached team and a smarter team. That's why they are champions and we are chumps. 

Did you just use Gronk and “self awareness” and “control” in the same paragraph? Are you comparing what Gronk did to what Hughes did? I’m sorry... Never had an issue before with your well thought out posts even though I didn’t always agree but I just can’t with this. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The also have more depth than us and can afford to sit a player for making a dumb mistake.

In the beginning of the year Gilmore was having problems adjusting to the Pats scheme and was not playing well. He was benched. The Pats hold their players accountable. That's one of the main reasons why they are champs. 

Hughes is notorious for repeatedly losing his cool and getting penalties. If he played for the Pats it wouldn't happen because he would be either benched or dispatched from the roster. 

Just now, JohnC said:

In the beginning of the year Gilmore was having problems adjusting to the Pats scheme and was not playing well. He was benched. The Pats hold their players accountable. That's one of the main reasons why they are champs. 

Hughes is notorious for repeatedly losing his cool and getting penalties. If he played for the Pats it wouldn't happen because he would be either benched or dispatched from the roster. 

I agree with you and not arguing your point.  My point is that we don't have the quality of depth that NE does to sit our starter today without a large decline in skill.  But I look forward to the day when we can do just that.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Did you just use Gronk and “self awareness” and “control” in the same paragraph? Are you comparing what Gronk did to what Hughes did? I’m sorry... Never had an issue before with your well thought out posts even though I didn’t always agree but I just can’t with this. 

You didn't carefully read and understand what I said. Gronk acknowledged that how he reacted in the White play was wrong. Gronk was constantly being held and mugged in the game. On that particular play where he jumped on White he lost control. And he owned up to it when interviewed in the locker room. 

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

No, it's not about "character" anymore....I would like the team to have all decent men who conduct themselves professionally and reasonably both on and off the field, but at this point it's about what Hughes costs the team while IN the game. 

If we were to take every positive Hughes play, ala TFL and Sacks, meaning ones that can be measured and not just, "he set the edge but he doesn't get credit" - because those can't be measured - and then added the negative yards he gets for stupid, selfish penalties (not saying yesterday was one of them, not saying it wasn't), what would be the NET yardage afterwards?

I've said before, I don't think Hughes is on the team come 2018, and it's not because he's a bad player, it's because his lack of discipline does not fit the McD and Beane mold. Additionally, what good is getting a sack for negative 7 yards only to give up 15 yards and a first down either one or two downs later or at some crucial point in the game? I don't see the benefit when viewing the game or season as a whole. 

Take away all the passion and you're the Sabres.

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You didn't carefully read and understand what I said. Gronk acknowledged that how he reacted in the White play was wrong. Gronk was constantly being held and mugged in the game. On that particular play where he jumped on White he lost control. And he owned up to it when interviewed in the locker room. 

https://twitter.com/jmccoyphoto/status/937433572637593605/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buffalorumblings.com%2F2017%2F12%2F3%2F16731170%2Ftredavious-white-injured-on-vicious-dirty-hit-by-rob-gronkowski

Yeah, he looks real contrite.  Stop giving him a pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The Pats recently took a player, Lee, off of our practice squad.  He was inserted into their starting lineup on defense. In the game against us he was one of the better defensive players in the game. Organizations that are smart and enterprising create their own depth. Competence always wins out over incompetence. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You don't think that the moronic drunken fans shouting out obscenities didn't deserve to be responded to by a player who had a stellar game? 

Edited by JohnC

14 minutes ago, bobm said:

Take away all the passion and you're the Sabres.

Oh, of course....because it's too much to ask a team to play with passion and NOT take stupid penalties....how does that work for other teams? 

Good teams play with focus...that means they're impassioned about their play, but they don't let that override their sense of reason (too often). Look, I'm not saying a guy can't EVER take a penalty for playing to the whistle, but his is not a once a year or every five or six games thing...it happens almost every week and there is not enough in return to justify his contract and the lack of positive gained from those negative yards.