McDermott - Coach of the Year Candidate?

Foxx

i mean how could he not be at this point?

traded away most of the stars, a boatload of draft picks in the pipeline. the players left are simply balling out for this man.

what a joy to finally see some competent coaching on the Bills.

cheers y'all

:beer:

I think our talent level is well below what teams with an equal or better record have, so yes it is extremely impressive. Coaching matters more in the NFL than any other sport and the switch from Rex to McDermott is proof enough of that. Rex arguably had the more talented team.

If this keeps up, he would certainly have to be in the running.

The key is that the team has a lot more depth and substance than at any other point during the drought.

Penalties are reduced, execution is better, individuals seem well prepared during the week and the team well prepared as a whole; they are giving a 60 minute effort...the coach clearly has the respect of the players and has them well motivated....all the things a bad team does poorly this teams does well.

This is a different situation than we have seen at OBD in a really long time.

He has to be. The Bills are going to get a lot of national press this week. McDermott will deservedly get a bunch of props. He's done a fantastic job. The team is prepared. Doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes or beat themselves. All three units are efficient. He's gotten a lot out of a bunch of no names.

While Mcvay and Pederson will certainly be in the consideration, I think it's gotta go to McDermott considering that we were supposed to be "tanking." Also, there isn't a ton of talent on this team, yet the system works and the coaching staff has been great. Young/no name players have stepped up at many positions. I give a hats off to McDermott for that.

traded away most of the stars, a boatload of draft picks in the pipeline. the players left are simply balling out for this man.

cheers y'all

he has them playing like a TEAM!! it was amazing on one catch on sidelines the entire team was jumping around the player who made the catch

While Mcvay and Pederson will certainly be in the consideration, I think it's gotta go to McDermott considering that we were supposed to be "tanking." Also, there isn't a ton of talent on this team, yet the system works and the coaching staff has been great. Young/no name players have stepped up at many positions. I give a hats off to McDermott for that.

Yup. And whatever talent was here has been traded. We havent missed a step

cheers y'all

Can we please hold off on the celebratory coronation? The season is less than half played.

He has to be. The Bills are going to get a lot of national press this week. McDermott will deservedly get a bunch of props. He's done a fantastic job. The team is prepared. Doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes or beat themselves. All three units are efficient. He's gotten a lot out of a bunch of no names.

Plus (and I can hardly believe I'm saying this about Bills coaching), this team makes adjustments. WTF?

Pederson.

Has to be considered, too.

McDermott SUCKS!!!

We should be 7-0.

(JK)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

17 and 2 baby!!!!

What's up, Sen?

Can we please hold off on the celebratory coronation? The season is less than half played.

(IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)

WILLIAMS

JAURON

MULARKEY

MARRONE

RYAN

Lived through WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much of the above BULL#@!T to not equal the sentiments of Foxx. When a first year HC with THIS group starts off 5-2, you @!#!@!$ celebrate it.

cheers y'all

FWIW I suggested this 2 weeks ago because of the defense alone.

if Todd Bowles can get 6 or 7 wins out of that Jets team he should win it...probably won't. That is a 2 win team at best.

Rex should have won it when he coaxed 8 wins out the Jets the year before he got fired...that team was dreadful and had Geno as the QB...

Edited by matter2003

Plus (and I can hardly believe I'm saying this about Bills coaching), this team makes adjustments. WTF?

Has to be considered, too.

What's up, Sen?

Just the usual, Dean - living life on my terms (mostly) and enjoying it as much as I'm able.

Off to Roswell Park in the AM, then out to Lancaster to celebrate my dad's 91st b-day. (God bless him!)

Hope all is well your way - hopefully the weather in Florida is better than here!