Tre White took Coopers lunch money

Buffalo716

This was a great matchup that I was looking forward too and I always thought White had the edge.

Going back to whites freshman year at LSU he handled Amari cooper very well for a young corner and it was nice to see the matchup again

Tre is very good with his angles and makes the WR go to the sideline on deep passes where there is little room . He knows the boundary is his friend and plays it beautifully

He had Cooper in a box all game. Kudos to the youngster for another great game

It was interesting that he did not shadow him on the first drive but he did the rest of the game.

Interesting how the Raiders offense was silent after the first drive...coincidence? I doubt it...

For a zone team, they have been playing a LOT more man to man than I thought they would, likely because White has been really good for the most part...

Edited by matter2003

I was wondering why the Raiders went away from what they did on the first drive. This is a factor but still doesn't explain it.

Tre is a ridiculous player for a rookie CB. One of the hardest positions in the league. He does virtually everything well. Everyone is going to give up a play here and there. But he's been terrific.

White's been a stud. It's amazing they got White and and extra first when you think about it. Looks like grand larceny at this point.

Yep. If you took this guy at 10 you would be thrilled with the production.

I was wondering why the Raiders went away from what they did on the first drive. This is a factor but still doesn't explain it.

Tre is a ridiculous player for a rookie CB. One of the hardest positions in the league. He does virtually everything well. Everyone is going to give up a play here and there. But he's been terrific.

Remimds me of Darby his first year...hopefully there isnt the same second year in store...

Remimds me of Darby his first year...hopefully there isnt the same second year in store...

Their respective ball skills aren't even on the same planet.

I like Darby but he is limited to a #2 or slot guy because he has really bad ball skills.

Tre White can be a ball hawk in the NFL and have 4-7 picks a year

Darby was very good in his first year. But I didn't see him doing everything technically well like Tre is. He's almost always right on his guy. He's a good tackler. He's making a lot of plays. The fumble recovery TD was a result of him doing that every day in practice. He's been a lot better overall IMO than Darby. Darby was good though.

I loved Darby in his rookie year. I liked how he tackled and could play man coverage even sometimes covering guys like Gronk. I dont know what happened but he was so much worse his 2nd year. Probably a combination of things. Still like the guy, seems like a good kid.

White is our best CB in years.. I'm confident in saying that after 7 games. He dominated a guy that single handedly destroyed KC's defense and I'm sure they planned to get a bunch of targets. Carr just couldn't throw to him cause White blanketed him

It's amazing man. CB is one of the most difficult positions to adjust to as a pro, Gilmore couldn't hold his jock strap!

Him and Gaines(if signed) , lock up our secondary for years to come, I think it's Denver then Buffalo in terms of secondaries,we over took Seattle for sure..

UnBilleviable we got an Xtra 1st and added a staple to this D for years to come..

I loved Darby in his rookie year. I liked how he tackled and could play man coverage even sometimes covering guys like Gronk. I dont know what happened but he was so much worse his 2nd year. Probably a combination of things. Still like the guy, seems like a good kid.

And Darby was the 2nd CB , White is our CB1 from day one. Special kid. Special talent

the bills didn't seem to change much on defense either. at least, not to my eye but i didn't notice until the 2nd quarter that cooper was being covered by white every play.

i need the all22 this week. i'll finally use it. i need to know if this was man coverage or zone or what we did.

I really thought Cooper would be hard to handle but White did it today.

And I didn't notice that he didn't shadow on the first series. Interesting strategy by the coaches.

On that same note (good coaching), it was obvious that the Bills were deliberately slapping at the ball on every play.

the bills didn't seem to change much on defense either. at least, not to my eye but i didn't notice until the 2nd quarter that cooper was being covered by white every play.

i need the all22 this week. i'll finally use it. i need to know if this was man coverage or zone or what we did.

I heard that on the first drive White didn't shadow him but from then on he did. I didn't notice either way that was the case. But the Raiders looked downfield a lot more on the first two drives and were throwing easy crossing patterns, too. Then they seemed to throw a lot of outs and dinks and dunks. Tough to know on first look. Edited by Kelly the Dog

I heard that on the first drive White didn't shadow him but from then on he did. I didn't notice either way that was the case. But the Raiders looked downfield a lot more on the first two drives and were throwing easy crossing patterns, too. The. They seemed to throw a lot of outs and dinks and dunks. Tough to know on first look.

they honestly played Billsy. that's the best way to describe it. predictable and inconsistent. poor execution and things not going their way. they lost in a Bills way.

The secondary isn't missing many tackles/giving up much YAC. That's quite a departure from last season and when you add in the turnovers, it's been the most pleasant surprise in a season that's been filled with them.

To me that is coaching and specifically on McD......the most detail orientated HC we might have ever had

The secondary isn't missing many tackles/giving up much YAC. That's quite a departure from last season and when you add in the turnovers, it's been the most pleasant surprise in a season that's been filled with them.

Yep. All of them. I was trying to think of one guy who has been missing tackles and couldn't think of one. White, Hyde and Johnson are very good tacklers. Poyer has been very solid, too. They all try to tomahawk the ball, too, when they can, or strip it when gangtackling without being selfish and letting the ball carrier gain extra yards. Frazier and McD have these guys very well coached.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I don't know if people are just excited overall about this team but Tre White is having the best Bills rookie season that I can ever remember. He just got off the plane from LSU and he's already a lockdown stud corner in the NFL? Unreal

I don't know if people are just excited overall about this team but Tre White is having the best Bills rookie season that I can ever remember. He just got off the plane from LSU and he's already a lockdown stud corner in the NFL? Unreal

He's really good.